Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct. 2013 Newbies-Jumpstart in January

Hey Everyone,

Ready to buckle down on protocol and move a little more in January?
Old 01-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

YES!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #3  

Heading out to my last holiday celebration! Going to enjoy every moment because after today, I am back to strict protocol.

How are the rest of my Newbie friends enjoying the New Year so far?
Old 01-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #4  

Good so far... back down below scream weight, lol. (134.4 yesterday) and joined up on the next challenge til spring - keeping myself accountable. Are you thinking of joining the challenge, Slip? to help keep you on track??

I've added a new temporary job - nothing like keeping BUSY. I'm a clerk for a coupon promotions company based out of Spokane (did this for them a couple winters ago). I collect the money from the coupon book delivery drivers and FedEx it to their head office (plus do all the paperwork), and restock the drivers for their next delivery runs. Only problem is now the security company I work for has a new big contract for overnights on a construction site with 24 h weekend coverage and everyone has lots of extra hours.
Not sure when I'm going to sleep. I know Cabo will be sorely needed in 3 weeks!

Liana
Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/173/160

Holidays were difficult It Was not an easy task but some how I made it through. Very difficult watching other people eat food I can no longer eat. Because of being new had to skip a few events until I'm not tempted. I had to keep looking at my list of reasons for doing this. Hopefully this year will be good.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #6  

Sorry thought this thread was for 2014. My apologies.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #7  

Jemci, no worries. Everyone is welcome.

Liana, I do not love the challenges. I am pretty accountable to myself, since I weigh in every day. I am looking forward to dropping my 4 UP pounds and getting back to normal life. I could go back to my clinic since I have 6 more coaching sessions, but I am not expecting dropping the UP pounds to be an issue.

You are such a busy lady. You are adding another job to the security work and Avon? I am jealous that you are headed to somewhere warm so soon. You will deserve a break after all your work!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #8  

Ooh, mood snow! Really the first of winter here. Really looks pretty, especially since it is going to turn to rain ( no shoveling )

Good phase 1 day so far.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #9  

Slipfree thank you. We got snow here but no rain so it looks like I will be shovelling today. Oh well lol such is life.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello friends! I am back again with my up pounds in tow. It has been a horrible 2 weeks of eating. Today I am back on plan, no excuses this time. As a new year's resolution I am going to get healthier. We had some friends with health scares this past year, so for me losing the weight is not enough, I want to be healthy. On top of eating clean and getting rid of my up pounds I want to get back to exercising, get rid of some of the flabby skin I have and get a toned body. I don't want to be perfect but want to feel good, confident, sexy in clothes. Not to much to ask for. Lol. This is the first resolution I have made that wasn't to lose weight! That in it self is a good feeling. Anyone else make a resolution this year?

Slip: how is your P1 day going? We can get back on track together. I just have more to lose then you.

Liana: Taking on a part time job? Oh my, good for you, if that is what you want. I know in March when I took on that part time office job, it was hard to fit more into my day, but then it was fine. Also nice to know it is only temporary.
I was thinking of doing the spring challenge but I don't have 25lbs to lose. Wasn't sure if I would be allowed in. Lol. Now that I know you are there I will go join too. It will keep me accountable.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #11  

Hi want2bskinnyagain: The challenge will help me stay on track because my bratty inner child (the one who wants loads of cheese & crackers at 1 am, and who stamps her feet and says, "You can't make me stop ") will listen better to the numbers on a chart.
Right now I am at the stage where a loss of a pound or even staying at goal sounds like an excuse for a little extra. Not a good thing to get started with. The brat needs a little spank on her butt.
We'll keep an eye out for each other

Liana
Old 01-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #12  

Hi Want2b,

We will have these UP pounds off in no time. I had a good low carb day. I think your resolutions are great. Another step on this journey that we are on.

Liana, time to drowned the inner brat with herbal tea and water. We just need to remember that we survived perfectly well on Phase 1 and that the inner brat is just craving.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

I'm ready to jumpstart in January! Back to a routine and eating healthy. I'm at mid range in my weight so I feel pretty good about that but will work towards the low range now. And back into my exercise regimen which always makes me feel good. I am happy to read all of your posts and to continue to support and help each other along this journey. Have a great day.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2

Hi!

We made it home late last night. It was a very stressful and dangerous drive through the mountains back to Calgary. What usually takes us 10 hours took 13. My husband was driving an older 2 wheel drive truck (we bought it from my dad to do renovations in this house) and I was in my little car behind him. There were a few sketchy moments where the back end of the truck slipped and swung out in front of an oncoming semi truck. We encountered numerous flipped over vehicles along the way. Ugh, so glad we made it safely! I have much to do today including grocery shopping and signing up for a gym pass so I can run on the treadmill but the roads in Calgary are insanely slippery. I feel like hiding in my house all day but all I have for vegetables is one old scummy looking rutabega!

I am with you want2be. Way too much eating over the holidays. I am back on track today. Not sure if I'll do Phase 1 today or Phase 3 which seemed to work really well. It's too early in the day to decide :P I'm just settled down with a a blankie, coffee, and some water.

I wish Costco delivered! I don't wanna go out there! :P

Hope you all are warm, safe, and motivated to make health a priority in 2015.

-Steph
Old 01-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Liana: You need to rain in the inner brat. She needs to know who the boss is. Lol Yesterday was hard for me, seems like once I fall off the wagon my brain thinks it is ok to be off everyday. One day at a time.

Slip: How did your day go? What phase are you on today? Are you back to work yet? My first day back is tomorrow.

Hawaii: Sounds like you are back into the swing of things, good job. I am back on track with my eating this week and into exercise next week.

Yesterday was a 100% on plan day for me! Stomach thought it needed more food but I gave it more water instead. Looking for another 100% day today. I also signed up for a 6AM workout class, it starts on the 12th, if they get enough people. Fingers crossed for that.
Stay strong and drink lots of water today newbies!
Closed Thread