Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:14 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 1/2/15

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #2  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Wishing everyone a great, OP day! My dog is a bit sick, so I've been up a few times throughout the night. I am sure I am going to regret this 3:30am post when my daughter wakes up at 6!

Thanks oneuh2 and murrcat for the support. Murrcat - congrats on phase 2! It felt good being 100% yesterday, no extra rtd or anything. Focused on doing it again today...need a plan as I expect the day will be pretty unstructured with my 5yo after a busy, social day yesterday. Drinking enough water makes a big diff, so that will be a priority!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #3  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Winter Onederland

I weigh myself every morning. I was 204 when I started 5 days ago. I just hit onederland today. Only about 89 more lbs to go (I am only 5 foot tall)...
Old 01-02-2015, 06:07 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I weigh myself every morning. I was 204 when I started 5 days ago. I just hit onederland today. Only about 89 more lbs to go (I am only 5 foot tall)...
Congrats on the loss - that is great! Isn't onderland something super to see!

As one shortie to another, it might be helpful to not think of it as I have X pounds to go but rather break it into segments. If I had thought at the beginning "I have to lose 125 pounds" I would have given up immediately! Instead I broke it up into smaller, sometimes silly goals with no timeline attached. I wanted to weigh less than my drivers license said, then I shot for weighing less than my husband, etc., etc. You get the idea.

The most important thing is to remember that staying OP is a day to day, sometimes minute to minute deal. Everyday you stay OP is a victory and you should be proud of yourself.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I will sure be doing the happy dance once that day arrives!! Congrats on crossing that big hurdle!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

Had a nice relaxing day yesterday. Went to khols first thing to return some things I had purchased and then realized I would size out of them too soon....lol. In the dresses place I bought 2 pair of jeans that fit, actually they are a bit snug so they should fit a while lol....then home to fold laundry and wash the sheets and blankets....watched some tv while I did that. Roast beef for dinner and then relaxed a bit before bed.

Today is back to the office for me. DS is supposed to have hockey practice at 8am, but he was complaining of a soar throat yesterday. Waiting to see how he feels when he wakes up.

Hope everyone has a good day.....TGIF
Old 01-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #7  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Breaking It Up

Ruth Ann, I do understand what you are saying. Completely. My next goal (besides the spring challenge) is to be down to 180 because when I lost weight a few years ago, I ended up there for quite a while. Then, 168 because in my last long term diet challenge, that is as low as I got. Then, 150 because that's what I was when I walked down the aisle about 17 years ago (not married now, but it was, of course, a memorable moment). Then, after 150? That gets fuzzy because I haven't been below 150 since college. Honestly, below 150 is scary for me because it is so long ago...it might as well be uncharted territory at this point. It seems like this far off destination that's probably just a dream. I am hanging in there though--because what if I do make it there? That would be awesome! Thanks for the support, you guys. It means a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Congrats on the loss - that is great! Isn't onderland something super to see!

As one shortie to another, it might be helpful to not think of it as I have X pounds to go but rather break it into segments. If I had thought at the beginning "I have to lose 125 pounds" I would have given up immediately! Instead I broke it up into smaller, sometimes silly goals with no timeline attached. I wanted to weigh less than my drivers license said, then I shot for weighing less than my husband, etc., etc. You get the idea.

The most important thing is to remember that staying OP is a day to day, sometimes minute to minute deal. Everyday you stay OP is a victory and you should be proud of yourself.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 1 of my reboot journey. Still have house guest until Sunday afternoon but decided not to wait to hop on the IP wagon. Good luck everyone we are on this journey together.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey hey everyone! Day five on my first reboot and movement on the scale! Happy to see that! I didn't have the power to stay up to midnight on New Years but somewhere I found the gumption to stay up late finishing off season three of game of thrones. My LO doesn't care that I'm tired lol so I'm off to drink more coffee then I should!

See you lighter!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #10  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Friday

I am happy to say that I am off of work today. I plan on doing allot of stuff around the house today. I do love the energy I have gained being OP this past week. I didn't realize how much the carbs made me so tired and sluggish. I can already feel the difference after only 1 week. Just think of the energy level I will have in a month.. cant wait.
enjoy today.. Stay OP

Lets rock this day!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey hey everyone! Day five on my first reboot and movement on the scale! Happy to see that! I didn't have the power to stay up to midnight on New Years but somewhere I found the gumption to stay up late finishing off season three of game of thrones. My LO doesn't care that I'm tired lol so I'm off to drink more coffee then I should!

See you lighter!
Your baby is BEAUTIFUL Ishbel! I was the same way for NYE, hubby was working until 2am so we weren't going to be together at midnight, I passed out watching reruns of Criminal Minds around 11

SO glad that the holiday madness is behind us! I love doing Christmas with my boys (they are still young enough to believe the magic, and I totally feed into it!) but there's just so much RUSH this time of year. I start classes again on Jan 21 so I'm looking forward to a more normal routine between now and then. Being on a more regular schedule makes staying OP so much easier too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #12  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

NEW YEAR NEW BEGINNING.

I am sleep deprived these days. Stayed late on Dec 31st and went to the movies yesterday. My scale showed 159.9 yesterday AM. So, I technically I met my goal of losing 25 lbs. But I would like lose another 10 lbs before I say it is done. I am giving myself until the end of the month. I know this is not race and but I will do my best.

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND EVERYONE.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy belated New Year's! My resolutions this year are focusing on hitting goal and working on being successful in maintenance. I still need to decide how much weight I want to lose during Lisa's New Years to spring challenge. I am thinking a goal of 30 but haven't put it down on paper yet.

SweetRelease - Congrats on Onderland!! Savor this moment and say goodbye to the 200's for good!

I've been 100% OP since Christmas. Got the cravings out of my system and am feeling good. Attended New Year's Eve and Day parties and stayed OP. Was down on the scale yesterday but WI isn't until Mon.

I didn't time my vitamins very well and am running out of a couple today. Debating if I should make a special trip to the clinic (if they are even open) or just do without until Mon. Do you think it would affect my losing if I skip a couple days?

Heading out of town to visit some family today. Little stressed about the food situation. Already told our host that I was bringing a cooler of my own food. This is family that likes to feed you so I hope there isn't any pressure to eat their meals. Need to spend some time planning out the meals before we go so I am ready.

Have a great OP day!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #14  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

@CenTXCHK - Costco have the vitamins on sale this month. I believe all vitamins works the same way.

I am in a boat to save money and why not. Just because the IP stamp on them they charge more.

Last edited by rsach312; 01-02-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #15  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

See you lighter!
hi lovely lady!!! and a new baby too! ooooo can't wait to catch up with you!
Closed Thread