Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #1  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default July 2014 Starters Continue Journey in 2015

Happy New Year July Starters out there!!!

Several of us who began IP in July 2014 decided we should start a new thread for this new year.

Those of us July Starters who are still working the IP protocol have put in 6 months on program and most of us have dropped 50 to 60+ lbs. This is the most weight I have ever lost, and I can say proudly that I feel very good about this accomplishment.

I have another 34 lbs to lose to make it to my goal weight -- I am looking forward to making that journey with you 3FC IP peeps, and I am hoping we'll continue to share our WI's and our experiences with IP, and support one another beyond P1 and into maintenance.

Maybe for this new year we can identify some themes to focus on each month, or some kind of common topic we have interest in or a need to work on each month... maybe we could pick out some features of The Beck Solution, in prep for maintenance. Any thoughts? Let's kick some ideas around!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Thanks for keeping us rolling along into the new year! Hope you danced the night away last night...

Had a great NYE last night at a neighbors house. They were all amazed seeing me without at coat on LOL.... Kept my position far away from the food table and sipped my water. Had a Quest bar before I left the house so I would not be tempted to eat anything....

Making a roast beef dinner tonight for the family. Roasting up some cauliflower too. Went to the grocery store yesterday so plenty of fresh stuff in the house for the weekend ahead...probably the last of my weekends that I won't be working. Once the holidays are over, clients come out of the woodwork and my weekends get busy..

Here's to a thinner group of July starters in 2015!
Here's a bit for all of us.....
Old 01-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #3  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Thanks for keeping us rolling along into the new year! Hope you danced the night away last night...
I had a very enjoyable dance party from about 9-11pm -- I meant to take a picture of me in my bling outfit, but I was running a bit late and missed doing that. So sorry! But I'll do another dress up soon and share.

Quote:
Had a great NYE last night at a neighbors house. They were all amazed seeing me without at coat on LOL.... Kept my position far away from the food table and sipped my water. Had a Quest bar before I left the house so I would not be tempted to eat anything....
Very good planning Sue -- I knew there would be some crudité and some steamed shrimp at my dance party so I had a bit of that... then was sorry I had. The broccoli and the celery fibers seemed to cling to my teeth....
We dancers always drink a lot of water and altho there was wine last nite, I had no problem ignoring it. I would rather spend my calories on sweet stuff than alcohol any day, and I left before the dessert trays came out. Meanwhile, some cha cha, rumba, foxtrot, waltz and tango kept me totally occupied until the ball of my right foot began to scream at me. I came home in time to ring in the new year with DH (who can no longer dance), and then get this new thread started.

Quote:
Making a roast beef dinner tonight for the family. Roasting up some cauliflower too. Went to the grocery store yesterday so plenty of fresh stuff in the house for the weekend ahead...probably the last of my weekends that I won't be working. Once the holidays are over, clients come out of the woodwork and my weekends get busy..
I have a real dilemma today - I am originally from the South and it's our practice to have at least a tablespoon of black eyed peas on New Years Day to assure good luck in the new year. I am cooking them in chicken broth with scallions added, rather than my usual 'streak of lean' (aka fatback), and my plan is to have the requisite tablespoon and skip my restricted bar for today.... hopefully this will not disturb my IP body chemistry too much.

Quote:
Here's to a thinner group of July starters in 2015!
Here's a bit for all of us...

Thank you so much! I am basking in its magic!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good mor ing! Glad y'all enjoyed your celebrations we had a quiet night at home, watched the ball drop at midnight then went to bed.

I'm eating one spoon of black eyed peas today too - it's tradition!

Shared this on daily but wanted to put it here too:

"And now we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been." Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 01-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #5  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

"And now we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been." Rainer Maria Rilke
I love this quote! Thanks for sharing it -- good mindset to start the new year!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #6  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Happy New Year, July starters!

We also had a quiet NYE at home with the kids. A little flavored sparkling water in champagne flutes at midnight at the end of a 100% OP day. Visited some family today. I brought my IP chocolate drink w spinach added which I had while everyone else grazed on holiday leftovers (and sweets) and no one batted an eye. It is nice to no longer have attention on what I am eating (or not eating).
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Happy New Year fellow Juliers
Old 01-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #8  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Right back atcha Pebbles! So glad you found the new thread - come back regularly and let us know how you are doing!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #9  

Found the Quest Chips at my local GNC yesterday. Not doing ALts, but my clinic has not had any crunchy snacks that I like....With my lunch salad sometimes I want something crunchy! So I had the sea salt ones yesterday with my lunch...yummy felt like I was cheating and rechecked the stats 2x LOL...

Also ordered from Nausha finally...got some crunchy snacks. Will try the pizza crisps later today... I am looking forward to that LOL.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #10  
oneuh2

Quote:
Found the Quest Chips at my local GNC yesterday. Not doing ALts, but my clinic has not had any crunchy snacks that I like....With my lunch salad sometimes I want something crunchy! So I had the sea salt ones yesterday with my lunch...yummy felt like I was cheating and rechecked the stats 2x LOL...

Also ordered from Nausha finally...got some crunchy snacks. Will try the pizza crisps later today... I am looking forward to that LOL.
I need to go to GNC and see what I can find - the cost of IP chips is so high. I have been getting the Salt & Vinegar variety which I like. Very good for getting a whole bottle of water down

Do you get bars there too? I have some cinnamon bun Quest bars but I do like the IP varieties best. I need to review the alternates thread and find my way into using more of them.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Happy new year! Good to see you
Old 01-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I need to go to GNC and see what I can find - the cost of IP chips is so high. I have been getting the Salt & Vinegar variety which I like. Very good for getting a whole bottle of water down

Do you get bars there too? I have some cinnamon bun Quest bars but I do like the IP varieties best. I need to review the alternates thread and find my way into using more of them.
I really like the IP caramel and cookie dough ( I keep them frozen ) so I continue to buy them from my clinic. I use the quest bars as a sub when I am out because they are not chocolate coated therefore last in my purse lol....I picked them up for the wedding I am going to in a few weeks. Easier to deal with than the ip melted chocolate ones... I but the strawberry shortcake one, and the peanut one ( not peanut butter cup). I read on alts thread these 2 are closest to unrestricted. Although if I can I do count them as my restricted...but if I have to have 2 in a day I am ok with those 2. Also love the chocolate chunk one but defiantly restricted as are cookies and cream with is yummy too.
The chips are a nice non restricted. And a good portion size too...
Old 01-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #13  
oneuh2

Quote:
I really like the IP caramel and cookie dough ( I keep them frozen ) so I continue to buy them from my clinic. I use the quest bars as a sub when I am out because they are not chocolate coated therefore last in my purse lol....I picked them up for the wedding I am going to in a few weeks. Easier to deal with than the ip melted chocolate ones... I but the strawberry shortcake one, and the peanut one ( not peanut butter cup). I read on alts thread these 2 are closest to unrestricted. Although if I can I do count them as my restricted...but if I have to have 2 in a day I am ok with those 2. Also love the chocolate chunk one but defiantly restricted as are cookies and cream with is yummy too.
The chips are a nice non restricted. And a good portion size too...
I went to GNC yesterday and found that I could 'buy 3 get one free' on the Quest chips - I got a dozen bags of all 3 flavors, at a much lower price than buying the IP chips as I have been doing in the past month. I learned I can actually purchase a box of 12 at a reduced price too -- will figure out which flavor I like and then do that in a few weeks.

I have the cinnamon bun quest bars (restricted for sure), and the cool thing I like to do with them is to cut one up and set the pieces out on a cookie sheet and bake it into 6 little cookies. I like the change in texture that comes from the baking, and the aroma of the cinnamon as they bake is wonderful. A cookie baking guru like you might like that too, Sue!

I also looked at the Quest protein powders while there. I am not exactly sure how I would be able to use those other than making the shakes or drinks that is the primary purpose. Could I use one of those to make muffins? Their recipe book has a muffin recipe that calls for a scoop of the Quest protein and a tablespoon of coconut flour.... this is definitely not on program for P1.....

I wonder what the result would be like without the flour?
Or, what if I were to add a serving of Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal to a scoop of Quest protein powder, and then add the usual egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, and desired seasonings (eg cinnamon)....? hmmm this may be a good question to pose on the daily chat or the recipe link - now that Rainbowsmiles (an IP recipe guru extraordinaire) is back in the forum, she might have some expertise to share on this question....
Old 01-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I went to GNC yesterday and found that I could 'buy 3 get one free' on the Quest chips - I got a dozen bags of all 3 flavors, at a much lower price than buying the IP chips as I have been doing in the past month. I learned I can actually purchase a box of 12 at a reduced price too -- will figure out which flavor I like and then do that in a few weeks.

I have the cinnamon bun quest bars (restricted for sure), and the cool thing I like to do with them is to cut one up and set the pieces out on a cookie sheet and bake it into 6 little cookies. I like the change in texture that comes from the baking, and the aroma of the cinnamon as they bake is wonderful. A cookie baking guru like you might like that too, Sue!

I also looked at the Quest protein powders while there. I am not exactly sure how I would be able to use those other than making the shakes or drinks that is the primary purpose. Could I use one of those to make muffins? Their recipe book has a muffin recipe that calls for a scoop of the Quest protein and a tablespoon of coconut flour.... this is definitely not on program for P1.....

I wonder what the result would be like without the flour?
Or, what if I were to add a serving of Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal to a scoop of Quest protein powder, and then add the usual egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, and desired seasonings (eg cinnamon)....? hmmm this may be a good question to pose on the daily chat or the recipe link - now that Rainbowsmiles (an IP recipe guru extraordinaire) is back in the forum, she might have some expertise to share on this question....
Hummmm baking a quest bar! May have to try that lol... I actually like the quest chips better than the BBQ or other variety of IP crisps that are non restricted, and I feel like a get more quest chips which actually may not be the case but I feel like I am eating from a normal people food bag lol....

I think you can use the powder & oatmeal to bake. I would give it a try.

I know so excited rainbow is back! I lived the first few months trying her many recipes. Lol.

WI today....not feeling it. This hockey schedule with early mornings and late nights is killing me. My coach wants me eating every 3 hours even if that means adding packs..I feel like I am eating too much. Yesterday I was up from 4:30am for practice till 11:30 last night when we got home from his game...ugh!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #15  

Ugh! What a long day!! :P

WI was this morning, down 2 but considering TOM and that the home scale hasn't really budged until this morning, I'll take it!
Closed Thread