South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Carolling! Fa-la-la etc.

Good morning from beautiful Delta, We got a skiff of snow last night but the Weather Dude says icy rain is on the menu for the rest of the day. That guy lies a lot though! I am off to the city for a haircut later this afternoon so sure hope he's wrong again.

Had a lovely and festive dinner and evening at Heather's house last night. It was Eric's 13th birthday. He even took off his knit hat for the occasion! We partied and laughed until midnight and I had just drifted off to sleep when fire trucks with flashing lights arrived across the street. No idea what that was about as there was no smoke or even lights on in the house. (This is Creepy Doug's house, the "retired" convicted arsonist so he may have decided to call 911 for a little excitement.) I'm sure I'll get the full scoop at the Post Office today.

Still cannot find the tree stand for the Bling Tree but Claire's DH is coming over this morning to make me one! When he's here, I'll get him to replace the bulb in the overhead kitchen light which blew out this morning the minute I turned it on. I do have a bit more prep to do for tomorrow night's Open House but am sure glad I ordered the veggie tray from a caterer to just be picked up tomorrow when I pick up my florist order. I really need staff! The dogs are not at all cooperative!

So.... what does your Tuesday look like? Festive or frantic?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tra-La-La Tuesday SBD Chat for 12/23

I have coffee ready! Can you smell it?

I'm looking forward to fun day at work today. It's the last day I work this week, and we're exchanging Christmas presents, and I promised the the girls I'd wear my special Santa hat. Yesterday we baked and decorated sugar cookies and made wreaths out of clothes hangers and Christmas balls that turned out gorgeous. Today, if the rain lets up, they're supposed to go on the Fox Hunt with Cindy, but if it's canceled, we may go to a matinee.

It's a good feeling to know that I have nothing I have to do after work this evening.

How's your day looking, and how did your check-up go, Tammy?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Fa-la-la to you this morning, Ruthie! Did Eric choose pasta for his birthday meal again this year? I'm glad your neighbor's house didn't burn down, even is he is a little weird.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Actually very dark here, still. We got snow yesterday and there were lots of traffic delays so the restaurant was very busy. We headed down to Denver after work to have dinner with Kirks DD. They fly out this morning for holidays in Seattle w/her family.

I got up early and did some chores so its now time for a bit more coffee and smoothie before I head to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in for a quick hello. I've got about 20 minutes left on duty and then I'm off the next 2 days. I'm happy to be off on Christmas Eve, but not so excited about working a double on Christmas Day.

I have to admit, I'm a little blah (and I realize this is a first world problem) because the people mailing me gifts have all run behind and I won't get any of it until after Christmas. And that has nothing at all to do w/ me wanting the gifts and everything to do with being 1,200 miles from home with nobody to share my holidays with like I did back home. BUT at least I get to see my nieces and nephews open their presents via video. *sigh*

43 more days until I get to fall asleep in my sweetheart's arms.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahh, Ruth, your post cracked me up. Glad you had a great time last night. The big question is: did you eat pasta?! LOL.

It also makes me laugh you two had nearly similar titles for the day. Great minds, eh?

Linda - Hmmmm....wasn't there one day in the last month you said you weren't making Christmas cookies, and I swear every other day is a story about cookies

I'm a little worried, that darned santa claus (that drives a brown truck...) isn't supposed to deliver until tomorrow (despite ordering the 16th), I hope he makes it on time...

Linda, my recheck went okay, thanks for asking. He said I could start taking off my hard collar some. I think taking it off for my nap (he said I could...) was a mistake, I was hurting the rest of day (thank you oxycodone!). My last few days I've been so weak, I have a hard time seeing myself trying to go back to work at 4 or 5 weeks (I was going to try to PT). We shall see what time brings though. Until then, I go crazy!!

I have a few girls downstairs, when they wake up (uhhh, just heard one!) it's French toast and sausage time. They slept through the night quite well, thank goodness. I am sure my kids are going to complain how bored they are, maybe daddy can take them to the Y for a swim?!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awwww, I'm sorry Natasha. In years past, I would invite friends over for Christmas that didn't have family, we would have 26-27 over. I hope you find some comfort!!

Debbie - good morning! Enjoy that beautiful view for me.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! Life is good! Just got out my Christmas mugs and found the missing tree stand parts!!!! By the way, Eric did NOT choose pasta for his BD dinner. We had grilled chicken and sausages done on the grill outside. Heather's new man is a great cook BBQ!

Now ... onward and upward. Is it too early to have Bailey's in my coffee?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

It's been crazy here. I won't go into the long story but added to the mix were house guests who stayed longer than expected, a dog who thought the 3-year old was a puppy, and a niece who unexpectedly delivered her baby a month early, hours after our family Christmas. I've actually been glad to have to go to work a few times through it all!

My son's girlfriend leaves today. I work this afternoon. We will skype with the other son this evening to open Christmas gifts since he leaves in the morning for his girlfriend's house. (Need to watch the weather for that storm out east.) Tomorrow should bring some semblance of normalcy here.

And my laundry basket is overflowing! Ate crap for the past two days and am looking forward to that returning to normal too.

Haven't read through the past days' posts so hope all is well with everyone.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Karen, what a crazy week for you! I love the chaos of the holidays but a return to a schedule is always good.

Ruth, I am glad you found the tree stand. And no, it's never to early for Bailey's. I remember one parent in particular who brought his bottle to hockey tournaments and spiked his coffee no matter how early the gametime.

Cottage, I am skipping cookies this year. I made a SF cheesecake this weekend and will make a SF pie today. I figure there are a few places where I am in control and can stay OP. (As opposed to the restaurant Christmas Day buffet.)

Tammy, it is good to hear your checkup was positive. Keep being patient and getting in those naps!

Off to make a spinach omelet. I think mid-morning I may pull a PB muffin out of the freezer.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Goor morning

chaos here too. Want to run after a 2 year old all day, will lose weight plus he seems to like what I eat better than his food. Front hall is full of toys and with dd arrival yesterday with the dog and full of suitcases you can imagine....but I'm not complaining, I love 4hem all here.
wishing everyone a very merry Christmas.
Tak3 care
Sophie
Old 12-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

DD2 has come to work with me today, hopefully she will not get bored lol. We closed our command center yesterday. Tonight I need to stop and get Christmas dinner at the store.

Ruth yum bailey's sounds good. hehe

Cottage enjoy your fun day at work today

Debbie I got up early this morning as well and got a lot accomplished before leaving for work

Natasha I know your feeling somewhat, I love having extended family around for Christmas but we just have our family this year.

Tywnn sounds like you need to still take extra easy for a bit. Just remember slow and steady wins the race.

Karen sounds like you have had quite the busy few days

Beth way to go staying op

Sophie sounds like you are having a wonderful time with family.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Ok if I join your party? I'm getting back on the SBD bandwagon after falling off for many months now - I know, right at the holidays - I must be some sort of crazy person! That's been my problem all along - waiting for the "right time" to start back up again.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and soaking in the encouragement I've been seeing going on here.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Gabby
Old 12-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, very quick check in here - it's my last day at work before break, I need to finish up details and then am going out for a holiday lunch, so I'm rushing. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Gabby! Glad you've joined us!
Closed Thread