South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday - December 22

Good morning and welcome to "over the hump" - the days will get longer now as we move towards Spring.

Lots to do today, particularly tree decorating. Unfortunately I can't find the missing parts of the Bling Tree so did not get it done yesterday. Can't decorate it if it isn't upright! I'm kind of hoping the stand pieces are in the box with the decorations. I remember making a mental note about location last year but it seems to have leaked out of my brain since January.

Today is supposed to be an "at home" day of final wrapping, some cooking, laundry and decorating. Tonight there is a birthday dinner at Heather's house which starts off the Christmas whirl. * Sigh * Eric gets to choose the menu - it's usually pasta, garlic bread and then ice cream birthday cake. Talk about Carb City! I'm hoping his taste has matured a bit this year but ...

On I go - laundry first while the cheap rates are on. The Christmas juggernaut has begun to roll.

How does your Monday look?
Old 12-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, you are crazy busy as usual! I'm with you on the pasta and garlic bread, just turns me into a blob (short and long term, lol. I hope that tree gets its bling today!

Today is my 2 week check up! I've been exhausted the last couple days, do you think it has anything to do with my kids being home??!! It does scare me of when I'll be able to go back to work. If I can change collars (I wear a hard collar 24/7 right now, can't drive in those), I might be able to go part time in a couple of weeks. Dunno!

Today is DD's 10th bday!!!! I keep debating if I should wrap her present really quick (American girl doll...she was still begging for it....) so she can tell her friends for her sleepover tonight to bring theirs.

Unfortunately, my appetite is coming back, and DD's request for dessert is a key lime cheesecake. what's a girl to do?!?!

Have a great Monday!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Tammy and Ruth and others yet to arrive

I took a two long nap after work yesterday and got up for a while then couldn't sleep when I should have. So I took care of my chores in the middle of the night and set the alarm for just enough time for coffee take care of the dogs and smoothie. Today is my early day so I go in early and get off early. It's snowing lightly here a little more up above but travel should be clear by Wednesday morning when we head over the hill again.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I remember you saying you were going to put the tree stand in with the decorations, so I'm betting that's where it is. Hopefully Eric has graduated to Prime rib or steak for you to look forward to.

Tammy, Happy Birthday to DD! I say let her have her present early so she can tell her friends to bring their dolls. My DGD, Carley, is turning 10 tomorrow. Good luck at your checkup today!

Debbie, have a great day!

I love Christmas falling on a Thursday, since I only work today and tomorrow this week. I must remember to stop by the store on my way home since I somehow overlooked getting gift boxes to put their gift cards in, and we exchange presents tomorrow. Other than that, I'm all set!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Ssshhhhh...I have to say a quiet good morning since DH and DS2 are still asleep.

Today is my first official day of vacation (weekends don't count) and I have already basked in the thought of not going to work. Instead I will do some laundry and cleaning, and spend some time in the kitchen. With the boys home every meal requires 3x the food.

Ruth, I wish you luck finding the parts and getting your bling tree up. And dinner tonight sounds like a challenge; when I know a dinner out is going to be like that I've learned to just eat smaller portions and eat before or after if possible.

Tammy, happy birthday to DD and may you have a good checkup!

Debbie, hopefully your day will be busy enough to make it move along but not so busy you go crazy.

Cottage, have a good day.

I'm off in search of coffee. to all the chicks to come!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Last day working the go live but I should be able to leave at normal time today unless something blows up.

DD2 took first place in her age group at the bowling tournament, she was so excited.

Ruth- I baked all the goodies with DD2 for the neighbors and distributed to them yesterday evening.

Tywnn hope your two week check up goes well. I would tell DD, my is 11 and wants a Barbie Dream House for Christmas, she has been wanting for years so I am going to give it to her.

Debbie you know I will be watching what the weather is doing over there in anticipation of our travel dates.

Cottage I still need to get fixings for Christmas dinner but I am going to wait maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Beth enjoy your quiet time before everyone wakes up

Nothing on the agenda tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread