Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Hypo-thyroid and Atkins

Has anyone had or know anyone who is hypo-thyroid and had success with Atkins???
Old 01-20-2004, 06:14 PM   #2  
Head Princess

I don't know. The first place I go with my questions is www.atkins.com They have huge amounts of information and a very user-friendly search tool. There's probably something in there that can help you
Old 01-20-2004, 06:24 PM   #3  

Hey Hockeychic! I have hypothyrodism and I follow a combination of Atkins and South Beach. (I TRY to stay away from those bad fats, but sometimes they hunt me down.) Anyway, if your question is whether I'm losing on it. Yes, but I am on Synthroid, which doesn't seem to affect my losing. Last year at this time I lost 15 pounds using Atkins. This past holiday saw those 15 pounds pop back on, but I'm losing them again (between 1-2 pounds per week)
Old 01-20-2004, 07:27 PM   #4  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Thank you both, I have sent a email to Atkins and will post the response here incase others are interested.

Starprincess you are amazing, you have jumped in to answer every question I have posted. Thanks
Old 02-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #5  

Default I am a hypo too.

I have a slow-acting thyroid and take synthroid too. I have a very hard time losing weight on any diet. The first five pounds come off easy, but that is about as far as I ever get. I have about 20 lbs. to lose before pre-pregnancy weight, and she is six years old now!! haha

I have been doing Atkins for 2 1/2 weeks and I have lost 5.5 lbs. Hopefully if I keep it up, I will keep losing.

If you get any hints, let me know!

PS I ate about 4 tortilla chips last night watching the SuperBowl, and my tummy is killing me today. I am definately being punished for cheating!!
Old 02-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

HockeyChic - please be sure to post whatever Atkins sends you on the subject. I would be very interested to hear their response on the subject.

from a fellow hypo - thyroid - or
Cathy
Closed Thread