Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 12/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-15-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone

Made it thru my office holiday party last night. Had the roasted veggies that were served and there was some chicken. Also had a veggie platter that I ate from. There was a large carafe of water on the table that I drank 2 of myself lol....dessert was cookies and ice cream sundae's which did not bother me to miss at all.

Anyway today I am home while they install my new front door. Need to be here to make sure the dog does not run away lol. I will finish working on my bedroom clean up. Trying to pair down some things....have lots of stuff I found whe I had to clean the room out for the carpet install.

Tonight I have my neighborhood girls night out dinner. Have been to the place many times and I know they have a salad with chicken that I will order.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #3  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Hopefully you all had a great weekend. Well. I had my WI on Sat. another 2.5 lbs lost.

I treated myself by going to Texas Roadhouse and had dinner.

but i was back OP yesterday and must have consumed over Gallon of water ...
Old 12-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, all!

I have my first full week WI this morning and I'm a little nervous, as I haven't had a BM in 5 days (sorry for TMI). I know things will eventually start moving, but this has decreased my hope for seeing a big number of pounds lost this week. Oh well, any loss is good!!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #5  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All! Happy Monday and let's all get this week started right!!

Quote:
ladelineb
Have you tried the Smooth Move tea? I use it every now and again to help things along.

I always do better at WIs when I don't have any hope to see a good loss. If I go in expecting this or that just from how I feel that week, I usually walked out feeling a little disappointed. I do better with 'SURPRISE' more weight is gone.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IPers!

Had a good weekend, hubby and I went to Foxwoods to see Jim Gaffigan perform (hilarious!!) and OH MY GOSH I ate SO MUCH MEAT. LOL. We had dinner at the buffet, I had the big salad bar to take care of all of my veggies, but then there was shrimp....seared tuna...prime rib roast...pork chops....oh lordy I definitely went way over on my protein but I had kinda planned for it ahead of time. Drank lots of water yesterday because I'm sure some of the meat was salted Managed to completely avoid the GIANT dessert buffet, so I'll call that a win!

Definitely seeing a slowdown in my losses over the last few weeks, but I'm close to goal AND I started exercising again (we got the Les Mills BodyPump program, and a friend lent me Zumba for the Xbox Kinect) so I fully expected that to happen. Clothes still fit a little better every day so I know the inches are changing even if the scale isn't
Old 12-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Quote:
scorbett1103
MMMMMMMMMM all of that meat sounds tasty.

I have been upping my cardio the past couple of weeks. I went to the park yesterday (since it has been in the 70s in South Louisiana in December - no complaints here) and walked/jogged/etc a few miles.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

Caught up on reading some great successes over the weekend, keep up the great work everyone I really admire the great planning for some really busy lives!

Down 2.5 on WI, which was a relief because I was dreading a two week stall, especially so close to the holidays (it will keep my will strong).

Have a great OP week!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Whew, feel like I need another weekend to wind down from this past one. I was following everyone's chatting and am so impressed by all the willpower. Yay team!

Like Ladelineb and Purple Momster, I baked cookies all weekend and had to deal with the boys ordering in pizza on Friday night (my first encounter with pizza since I started IP)! And like you two, I didn't have a single taste And I was able to wear my favorite jeans all day yesterday!!

scorbett -- curious how that xbox Zumba is -- have you tried it?

Strong week to all -- only two weeks left in 2014!

Last edited by Mimi47; 12-15-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
scorbett -- curious how that xbox Zumba is -- have you tried it?

Strong week to all -- only two weeks left in 2014!
I like it! I prefer to take live classes, but it's a great alternative for now. I don't have a huge living room so I have to keep the intensity down just because of my space issues. Keeps me from over-exerting while I'm still on P1
Old 12-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everyone!

Yay for some good NSV's over the weekend! Had a pretty quiet day yesterday, which was good since the next little while will be crazy.

Off to pick up a few more presents this morning - checked around for prices last night and found one video game for my son for $20 off, woohoo! Hoping I can score a few more like that

The Zumba for Xbox game sounds cool - are there any other games that people would recommend? I have the Wii Fit game/board, maybe I should drag that out...

Jo
Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

thanks, scorbett -- I think my daughter actually has that downstairs, and I could probably dust it off and make use of it on those days when it's just too cold for me to venture outside.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #13  
Restarted IP 1/1/17

S/C/G: 280/265/180

Height: 6' 1.5"

Good morning everyone. Today is my third day on IP...and yes, I woke up with a headache, which seemed to subside after a bottle of water.

So far I have not been all that impressed with the diet: the food and drink choices seemed to have a wide range: some I like, some not at all, but I guess that is to be expected of any food.

Although my coach suggested I not weigh myself, I couldn't help it this morning and found that after two days on IP I have actually lost 9.1 pounds.

I've done Weight Watchers (and hated it) and Atkins (and loved it) but this kind of weight loss was surprising and almost scary.

I came here to read about some successes because I have strong cravings right now (Maybe a chocolate cake sandwich on top of a pizza?) but need to divorce myself from thee three lifelong friends (pasta, bread, and to a much lesser extent...alcohol) because they treated me badly.

I'm hopeful that tomorrow and Wednesday these cravings will diminish as nearly everything I have read says they will, and looking forward to some nice broiled swordfish and butternut squash tonight for dinner.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning y'all!

Had a whirlwind weekend of activities, and dragging this morning. A couple of meals out, and tried to stay on-plan as much as possible. (One restaurant was not able to meet my request for plain-steamed veggies.) Back to 100% this morning, and hoping for an ok weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #15  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey everyone! My weekend was a bust...won't even get into details cause I know how much you all hate hearing off-plan stuff. Suffice to say, I am back on track this morning and feeling strong! I had such a bad tummy ache yesterday, I'm not sure if it was due to bad food choices or bad food!

I had my shake this morning with spinach and just had cream of chicken soup with cauliflower, mushrooms and pearl onions and a bowl of iceberg lettuce on the side with a splash of lime juice and salt. I have some rutabaga chopped up and ready to be roasted to go with my lean steak at dinner...so far so good!

Hope you all have a great day! Looking forward to hearing about more great WI's!!
Closed Thread