Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Not enough food

Hello all!

I'm new to the low carb section of the 3FC forum. Back in 2012 I lost about 40 lbs by counting calories. By 2013 I fell off the wagon and gained it all back and then some. I have found and carbs trigger my binges and just make me feel horrible. Today is Day 1 of Induction and I feel as though I'm just not eating enough. I realize that I don't need to be counting calories, but I'm only at 700 for the day. Does anyone else have problems eating enough? I don't feel particularly hungry, but im worried that it could stall my weight loss. Any suggestions?
PomWonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

What exactly have you eaten today?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #3  

Breakfast was omelette, lunch was tuna salad celery and cucumbers. My snacks have been a couple of string cheese sticks. Dinner will be ground beef wraps with veggies/salad. That'll put me right around 1000 for the day.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomWonderful View Post
Breakfast was omelette, lunch was tuna salad celery and cucumbers. My snacks have been a couple of string cheese sticks. Dinner will be ground beef wraps with veggies/salad. That'll put me right around 1000 for the day.
Be sure 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day are coming from veggies on the Acceptable Foods list.
Although cheese is permitted, be mindful it stalls a lot of people (myself included). I learned to limit myself to 1 or 2 ozs. every few days.
Beef wraps?? What are they made of?
Also, be sure you are drinking plenty of water.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Just a thought, you might want to add bacon or sausage with your omelette. You should have some protein with every meal.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #6  

Thanks jerseygirl for the advice. I'm trying to eat more fat and protein. I know this is only my second day but I feel surprisingly good. I was expecting the "Adkins flu" to hit me already.

Jersey - what were your staple receipes while in induction?
Old 12-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomWonderful View Post
Thanks jerseygirl for the advice. I'm trying to eat more fat and protein. I know this is only my second day but I feel surprisingly good. I was expecting the "Adkins flu" to hit me already.

Jersey - what were your staple receipes while in induction?
Even after 10 and a half years on Atkins, I still eat pretty much Induction style. Linda's Low Carb Recipes is my "staple". Lots of excellent recipes there. All those marked with an * are Induction friendly.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html