Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 02:46 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Chit Chat #26

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies~

I thought I would go ahead and start the new thread since we passed 50.

Katie~glad to hear from you and again WELCOME! Where in CA are you from? I lived there for about 18 years, in Long Beach, Lakewood, Thousand Oaks and then Palmdale the last 4 years there. I LOVE mushy chick flicks and those 2 are my favorites. I don't care how many times I have seen them, if they are on I will watch them over and over and over...I can only imagine how hard it is for your son to be halfway across the country. I know I would miss my kids terribly if they were even in a different state! Good that he has the internet though.

Angie~Jared is all over the tv and I think it is GREAT how he lost weight. I read that he was attending college and lived in/or near the same building as Subway and had to walk past there daily so started eating there. Now I am seeing the black twins doing the Subway commercials-it's cute!

Kayecee~What do you think about the Clean Sweep show? I have seen it a few times and am amazed at the mess and clutter. As far as packing goes, I am getting it done slowly but surely. A little bit a day. I really don't know where to begin. If we were moving long distance it would be easier because everything would be wrapped and packed in a box and sealed. As it is we are just moving 8 miles away so I don't need to pack like if I were going long distance.

Jana~ for the FT info. I can't wait to receive it and get started. When I got my license I couldn't wait! I got it at 16. None of my kids have been in a hurry to drive. I just thought all teenagers wanted to drive as soon as they could, not mine. Of course around here they can drive at the age of 14.

Marti & Shanna~how are you ladies doing today?

It is so ugly here. It is supposed to start snowing sometime today and go until Monday-YUCK! And guess what I am cooking for dinner? With all this talk about chili I had to cook a pot today. I've got the beans cooking right now. It is sooooo very cold so perfect chili/soup weather. Okay, now I am yaking. See ya ladies later...try and have a good one.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-01-2004 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Default Long posts today!!

Good afternoon ladies!!

Jana--I do remember you saying that it was a two week program....but I think I will do only a week also...to test the waters. And if I like the results ( and I do hope I have one as good as you ) I will try to attempt to do it the first week of month. Just know that I'm still applauding you on your success!!

Katie--Hello! I am currently enrolled in school to update my "office skills" Years ago I received my certificate in Office Assistant, and didn't put it to use and when the company closed that I worked with, I decided that I probably should put it to use, only to find that I'm outdated. I would like to eventually get into nutrition and work in a place that I can prepare food for people with restricted diets, such as the senior homes....but I suppose that I should really get myself together first. Pilates....I got the video that came w/the set that has resistant bands. The video is called "Pilates anytime, anywhere" and it's very simple. And it only last about 15mins. So if you ever decide to try it...that would be what I suggest. And about the parking lot...I purposely park in the farthest lot so I can get the walking in. There are so many other spots I could go to, to be closer, but I wanted to make a difference somewhere. (I would love it if my thighs decided to shrink up a bit!)

Cristi--Thank you for the "Happy Birthday" I told James to let his grandpa know. I'm like you, if I knew that I could grow old gracefully and not in a lot of pain, I wouldn't mind living to be 100yrs. old. In my family history, I have a grandfather who past away of heart disease at age 35, and an uncle who died of heart failure at age 55. I used to worry so much about my dad passing away at a young age. But he is now 55 and doing very well. He lost weight and now he needs to quit smoking. (ok.. I do too….) Chili?! OMG....there are too many of us having chili....what will the world think? It may appear in the news that a strong gas is seeping over the states!!

Angie—I’m sorry I had to admit that I would laugh. Terrible of me I know. But if it would have been a “real” accident I would have been right at your side! (I know, it WAS a real accident!!) I remember when I was 18 and I worked in a Croissant Factory, I thought I was smart one day when I walked into the walk-in freezer, I had to put in some racks and on my way out, I figured I would pull the rope to close the door “BEFORE” I exited…well the darn freezer doors were faster than me and I got stuck in between. So here is this vision….two large doors with a young girl with half her body sticking out…all you could see was the right side of my body! The girl I worked with laughed her head off and opened up the door for me, and I was upset that she was laughing until I realized how that must have looked! And about Jarod...I've heard about him for years also. I remember (here I go down memory lane again!) when I used to ride bikes every other day (can't even imagine myself doing that right now!) and around lunch time I would ride to Subway while the others would head to McDonalds or Burger King. Damn I looked good.

Shanna—How goes it your way? We haven’t heard from you in a bit! One post and you think you’re off the hook? You’re sadly mistaken little lady! Just remember…..You live near by!! And I can find you.....you also attend the same school and I have your schedule!! Come back my friend!!

Kayecee—How in the world did I miss that you’re an older woman too?? I didn’t know that your husband was younger! I am going to look at your bio...did you mention it there? James is almost 5yrs younger. Isn't it wonderful to have all these young men around!! Sorry to hear your belly is causing issues. Mine was still a bit tender this morning but not like yesterday..I could hardly stand it. Now...if I would have been home, I could at least "relieved" myself a little! But a girl has to be a lady in public! Ok.. my question for you....what grade do you teach? Or are you a teacher for certain classes? I'm very curious I must say.

I'm loving the long posts today! How wonderful is that? Today Jhanai and I went to Wal-mart and I spent my $20 certificate that I got from my parents. I went and bought my scrapbook and so now I'm ready to fill it up some. I can't even imagine filling that thing right now. But I'm hoping to make it a years worth of progress. Jana would you mind e-mailing me the serenity prayer? And anybody...if you have any inspirational quotes or prayers... would you mind sharing? I would LOVE to have them. Tomorrow will be my first photo.....ugh!! I'm dreading seeing it. I need to find an outfit that I want to fit into and use that for every photo each month.

Interesting night last night. My ex's (Thom) car broke down after he dropped Jhanai off, and so we suggested that he stay the night so he didn't have to work on it in the dark and in the rain since we don't have a garage. It's a good thing we get along. Otherwise I would have sent him walking the 25 miles to his home!! We ended up yappin way into the night... bizarre I tell you. But hey....it gives the neighbors something to gossip about!!

Ok...my post is very long.....hope your eyeballs are ok!

Take Care
Marti
Old 01-31-2004, 05:55 PM   #4  

Talking Me again, y'all!

Waaaaaaaa! Fred's Discount Store always does double coupons up to $1.00 (so a dollar coupon= 2 bucks!) on Saturdays here. I rack up- I haven't paid for toothpaste or underarm deoderant or air fresheners or certain cleaning products in a year! I go once a month or so when I have a motherload of coupons and when I went to do my thang today, they had a sign up that said they have discontinued that program!!! Waaaaaa! I usually get $70-80 worth of merchandise for $25-35 bucks!!!! Waaaaaa! Now I'm in a funk! Bummer!

Angie- I agree with Marti- I woulda been "right by your side." (After all, I'd like to get a close up view at what you were looking at too! ) hee hee We all know that's what you meant when you said "right by your side" Marti!

Cristi- I like the Clean Sweep show for motivation. But you know that their houses are gonna look like that again in about a month. I know that 20/20 did a show about organization a few years ago. They gave this guy a year to clean up his garage. At the end of the year, still a mess. They gave him another year, still a mess. They called in a heavy duty cleaning/organizing team and wiped it out. It was very nice. They checked in after a year---- you got it---- one big mess! DUH!

Marti- My motto is "Marry 'em young and train 'em right!" LOL I think I did mention it in my bio. As for my teaching: I teach a reading program to kindergarten through 2nd grade. It's mainly for kids that are struggling in 1st and 2nd. In the morning, I teach a student all alone for 30 minutes then I repeat it with 3 other students (4 all together). Then, 2 days a week, I go to a classroom and teach the whole class for 30 minutes. In the afternoons, I teach 2-3 groups (depending on which day of the week it is) of 5 students for 45 minutes each group. That's it. My day is usually fast paced, but I have a lot of time for paperwork and I like to help the other teachers out with the computer. And my nerves are sooooo much better than they were in the regular classroom. I have no report cards to do, no grades to keep up with, no papers to grade- I do MOST of my paperwork while I'm sitting there observing the child so when I walk out at the end of the day, I'm done! Most elementary teachers have tons of work that they do on the weekends or at night. NOT ME!!!! Now you know why I love it. Oh... you asked about CompTIA and I forgot to tell you what it was... it's to be certified to tear down and repair computers. I'm really trying to cram like crazy right now, because one of the school board members wives told me that our current tech is currently looking for a job closer to her home. If I could land that job, that's a $10,000 a year raise- I'm also getting my National Teacher Certification and when I finish that next year, I'll get a $5,000 a year raise. Woo Hoo! I figure- after taxes- those 2 things combined would mean about another 900 bucks a month free and clear! That would let Tim slow down and turn down a few of the muckier jobs. His back has really been bothering him and I have serious doubts about him being able to continue for several more years. Concrete is making an old man out of him. (And y'all know I like 'em young! ) LOL

Oh Shanna.....

Hey to everyone else! Well, now that I've posted all my life's story, I guess there's no need for me to write the book! See y'all later!

Oh yeah, Marti- the ex wasn't wearing chain mail or a dentist's costume was he? THAT would really give the neighbors something to talk about! LOL Maybe me and Angie could give ya some tips! hee hee

Last edited by Kayecee; 01-31-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #5  
self portrait

Default Howdy Ya'all!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am back and ready to chat. I have to apologize for not chatting more, but to be honest I get bored really easy and it is hard for me to spend a lot of time on the internet. So, by the time I get half way caught on all you posts, I want to get off to do something else, then I forget have of what everyone said and I feel lost again. I am just a goobber, I admit it. hee hee.

Katie: I join everyone else in saying a big welcome to you my dear. It is nice to see someone come on here that is a little bit closer to me and marti. Everyone else is too far away. boo hoo. hee hee. I look forward to getting to know you more and chat from time to time. You will find that these great ladies are very friendly, welcoming and hilarious. It makes me smile to just read what they say if I can't get enough time to respond. I hope everyone knows that.

Jana: WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!!!!!!!! You should be dancing in the aisles with a feeling of success. I should be so luck to lose that much. Of course it would probably help if I actually stop being depressed about myself and got off my big butt to do something about it. I don't know about everyone else, but it makes it double hard to lose weight and have control when your partner is not doing it and putting the peer pressure out there to eat what he eats. It makes it hard to stay strong when you get no support. Anywho.......... You are my idol!!!!!!!!!! I bow to your superior weight loss skills.

Kayecee: Ok, what have i down now???? You are taking to threatening me with a beating over the head with a rolling pin??? WAAA WAAAAA WAAAA, I need protection against the mean lady everyone!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me send marti after you!!!!!!!! hee hee

Marti: Hey girly girly, I know where you live as well, so you don't scare me with your threats. Hee hee. You got your scrapbook supplies already. NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!! You need to tell me what I need, so we can do this together!!!! Maybe we should meet up this week. Let me know.

To the rest of you i missed, hope this week treated you well and the next week does the same. To all you sickies, stay back!!!!!! ;-) so far I have not gotten sick this winter, knock on wood. Jared was in our town, springfield or Eugene this last week signing autographs at a local Subway and I missed it. Not that I would want his autograph, I am not that desperate for entertainment, but it is always fun to see someone from T.V. I even get excited when I see someone at the store from our local news. I am impressed easy I guess. Anywho, I bought a roll of film and am hoping to get some pictures posted for you guys to gander at and have a good laugh at my geekiness. So, sit at the edge of your seats in anticipation. I just hope they don't make anyone sick. yikes!! Lator gators.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:19 AM   #6  

Talking Morning Y'all!

How's everyone doing? Y'all know how I spent my Saturday night- yep, shrimp and nickel poker! Tim and I came out a whole 6 bucks ahead last night. Boy! Talk about high stakes!

Shanna- Go ahead girlie! Whine all you want! Marti threatened you to get your butt back to post so she ain't got your back! No- we're just teasing. Just wanting to make sure you haven't deserted us and every time I threaten you, I see a post from you within 12 hours, so I figure you MUST be scared of this mean old lady! *gasp* YOU DIDN'T GET JAROD'S AUTOGRAPH?!? Oh the humanity! I can't believe you can still walk the planet! (Can y'all tell I'm glad Jarod fled to Canada? LOL) I'm looking forward to your pictures. (Notice all the ones I have posted of my beautimous self. )

Hey to everyone else! Where are y'all?

Well, gotta go make coffee and get everyone's clothes ready for church. We are having a guest singer this morning- Jack Campbell- anyone heard of him? I really like him. So we are doing Sunday school/singing/potluck/singing in that order. Church won't end until 2 or 3, but we're not having services tonight. Hmmmmm..... a Pentecostal poker player..... I'm a contradiction in terms- ain't I? Later y'all!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Angry

A happy Sunday to all~

Kayecee~yep, that is exactly what DH and I thought also-that the people on Clean Sweep won't keep everything organized and all pretty.

Shanna~can't wait to see the photo's. I just posted the link to my yahoo photo album. I had it up there before but was going to make some changes and haven't gotten around to adding some new photo's. I am hoping to do that this coming week when I get a roll developed.

Marti~that is sad that your family members have passed at such a young age. Of course anyone can go at anytime but for the most part our families are pretty healthy and live long lives, well in their early 90's. Have FUN filling up your scrapbook! I should have gotten a bigger one for my Weight Loss journey, I think I may need another one soon if I keep adding stuff to it. I have A LOT of inspirational stuff. I will try to send you something every day. I filled a notebook with it.

A boring day today for me. Went to Mass this morning and almost fell asleep. We had a stand in and no one measures up to Father Mike. On the way home drove by our house. I need to ge toff this thing and do some packing, A LOT of packing. The 20th will be here before you know it. I need to go feed my face ladies. Hope everyone is having a nice day. TTFN
Old 02-01-2004, 06:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!

Afternoon ladies--

Anyone watching the Super Bowl? Not me! Watching cartoons! Ok..more like Jhanai is watching cartoons.

Cristi--I went to Wal-mart and was browsing around the shelfs of "scrapbook" stuff and OMG...I could really get myself in trouble! So many neat things! I just couldn't really think yet what it is I wanted to put in my "Weightloss Scrapbook" yet...so I'm waiting. But I'm sure it's going to be fun. I might head to one of the craft stores later this week.....imagine what I may do in there!

Kayecee--Little miss poker girl are ya? 6 bucks?! Wow! You're rich! Can you imagine how things would be if you "upped" the stakes? You and your hubby could've been rolling in money last night celebrating!! Glad you had fun last night. Oh...good luck with getting the other job! I'll cross my fingers. What a great opportunity! $$$$$$

Shanna--Don't fret...all I got was the scrapbook, nothing more. I'm still figuring out how I want to format the whole thing!! We could get together and talk about it and share idea's. Anytime! Just give me a call or an e-mail!

Jana, Angie, Katie.....Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.

Ok...I must get going.

You all take Care
Marti
Old 02-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya gals,

Kayecee - I sent you an email days and days ago re: WW FT and Wendy. Didn't you get it?? If you want the actual WW FT, tell me, and I'll mail a copy to your home.

Katie - I got your PM w/email, but same goes for you, if you want the WW FT, PM me your home address so I can snail mail you a copy, okay? Or I can send it to your post office.

Marti - if you have access to a Hobby Lobby, you should go there to see all the scrapbooking stuff they have! I sure wish you and Shanna could join us in Evansville and share scrapbooks....

Shanna - I'll be glad to see your pics! Let us know when you get them up, ok? Yes, I am lucky to have the support of my family. They never eat in front of me anything that would be a big tempation to me. The good thing is, with WW, I can have anything, just not much of it!

Cristi - did you say where you were moving to? I mean, did you find a house to buy? Packing tip - stop by the liquor store to get empty wine boxes for knick-knacks, glasses, vases, etc. that have divided spaces. They are great! You should get your copy of WW FT tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Just so you'll know, I followed it as printed with no substitutes.

Angie - hope you are having a good Sunday! You haven't posted yet on this thread, so I can't scroll down to see what you said!

The concert was great!! Katie and Kayla had such a good time and felt so grown up, having their own room. And the good news is I stayed 100% OP!! I took fruit to snack on, and had rotisserie chicken for dinner last night with a double order of veggies (no potato so no butter, no sour cream), a salad and a 4" bread stick. I even counted in the 2 beers I had at the concert (Micholobe Lite) and so I am proud of myself!

Better run, see you tomorrow,
Jana
Old 02-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #10  

Talking Hey Y'all!

What's everyone up to? Went to BIL's for a while for some of the Superbowl, but none of us are really big football fans. I stopped watching after the half-time show. Can you believe that wench, Janet Jackson? She not only stole the number I performed for the last school board meeting but she copied my outfits too! (O.k. that would psychologically scar all the students...uh.. and the board members too! ) hee hee

Cristi- Loved the pictures! You and Ernie Dog look wonderful. I swear I'll post some of mine.... after my Extreme Makeover! You had better get packing girl! You only have a couple of weeks and there's always a million things you seem to forget until the last possible moment! I always get boxes from school. They order TONS of copy paper and those boxes hold such heavy loads that they are really strong and have such good lids. For lighter stuff, I get boxes from Dollar General or the school cafeteria. Good luck! I know you have to be sooooo excited!!!

Marti- You're just jealous because I can go and buy bunches of *bling bling* with all my winnings last night! Our Hobby Lobby also has tons of scrapbook stuff. There is also a scrapbook store where I think you can go and make scrapbook pages on site during certain nights. I've heard it's really neat. I think they call it a Crop Party.

Jana- Uh..... e-mail?..... I thought it was coming snail mail! I'll check my e-mail as soon as I leave here. I try to remember to check it once a month, but it's usually so crammed full of spam and junk that I go nuts with the delete button. But I don't think I have seen it. WTG for staying OP!!

Hey to everyone else! Angie and Katie- where are you? Just ask Shanna- I'm not afraid to come over there! Night everyone!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Morning ladies,

Kayecee - you asked what was the difference between WW FT an Wendy, so I explained it all in an emai... then, if you wanted the diet, you were supposed to let me know! I'll just send you a copy of it, and you may or may not choose to use it, okay? Please post your pictures! I should have posted my full-body one, but I didn't want to scare you guys off!

Marti - Yahoo won't let me in to send the Serenity Prayer to you, so I'll post it here again for you to copy... here goes:

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things
I can,
And the wisdom to know
the difference.

This prayer is widely used in 12-step programs.

How did it get to be Monday again so soon???

Later,
Jana
Old 02-02-2004, 07:41 AM   #12  

Thanks Jana. I did get the e-mail.

As for my morning so far: 2 kids- stomach virus- ALL NIGHT LONG!! Wish me luck! Later girls! Mount Washmore can wait no longer!
Old 02-02-2004, 12:22 PM   #13  

O.k. girls! I'm in a funk! Someone snap me out of it!!! I had virtually no sleep last night- the house is a wreck- DH is sicker than a dog now- and I've been pigging out on cheese toast and coffee all morning! Waaaaaaa! I'm sitting here fuller than a tick on an elephant but all I can think of is "I want some shrimp... no wait.... soup sounds good.... maybe some stew or potato soup... then again crab legs are calling my name.... or homemade dumplings... my dumplings are sooo good.... " Help! I am having a major food fit and just plain don't have the darn motivation to get my butt up and clean this pig sty of a house. I think I'll leave... I need to go buy groceries but I'm afraid they'll have me arrested for stuffing all the Twinkies down my bra! Waaaaaaa! My life is out of control! Anybody out there?

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! I'M GOING DOWN WITH THE SHIP!!!!!

Last edited by Kayecee; 02-02-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #14  
self portrait

Default Don't you dare!!!

Kayecee: This is your captain speaking, no one goes down with the ship but me!!!!!!! So, strap on your life vest and hold on tight. :-)
Sounds like someone needs a good long nap and some tea under a comfy blanket. My thoughts are with you and I pray that things get better. I feel bad that i cannot do anything for you, but I am thinking of you. Hey, here is a funny story that will cheer you up and make everyone laugh. Of course it was the most embarassing thing to happen to me, but if in sharing it it makes someone else smile, so be it. It happenned this morning. .......

WEll, I drank too much yesterday during the super bowl, so I had triuble sleeping and felt awful when I had to get up at 5:45 this morning to get ready for my early morning class. I almost didn't go because I was feeling under the weather, not because of the drink, but l think I may be coming down with something. Anywho....... I drove to the school and sat in my car for about five minutes because my stomach was doing a number. Well, I got out and walked to the end of the parking lot and was feeling something wierd in the back seat of my pants. I thought maybe I had some sort of accident without knowing it, but would check in the bathroom's right by my classroom. WEll, I walked across my the bus area of the college and went to wipe my backside to check without being noticed and had the shock of my life. I ducked quicky and probably pretty noticeably behind a plaque by the bus stop. Because low and behold, somehow, somewhere between my house and there I had ripped a huge hole in my jeans. Here I was in front of god and everyone with a huge gapping hole in my backside showing the world my panties. Thank god I wasn't wearing a thing today. But I was so mortified and thanked god I was wearing a sweater over my t-shirt so I could have something to cover it up and no one else would notice. But, god knows who DID already see. I can't believe it happened to me. Things like that only happen in nightmares or on comedy shows. Of course when I relayed my horror to my man when I got home, the tears were falling down his face from laughter. GRRRRRRRRRR Anywho, the rest of my day so far has gone farther down the tubes, but I hope this humorous story brightens someone elses day.

P.S. Pictures will probably not be happenning for a couple of weeks, but look for them then. hee hee Get ready world.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:17 PM   #15  
self portrait

I apologize to everyone for my typing errors, I get to going so fast, that I forget to go back and check my typing. I hope everyone doesn't think i am a ****** and understands what I am trying to relay.
Closed Thread