South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Coffee SBD Chat for 11/25

COFFEE'S ON!

Good morning! Did I wake you up?

It's looking like we're going to have a white Thanksgiving here with 6" of snow expected tomorrow. Depending on when it starts, I may not even bother to go in, since I was only working til noon anyway. It seems our snows are coming earlier each year. It used to be rare that we'd see any accumulating snow until January!

So today is looking to be busy. I have to pick up the girls from school and drop them off at the Fox Hunt by 10:30, then drive to Wilmington to the Ski Bum to pick up their skis and boots so they'll have them for the season. There's a WholeFoods in the same shopping center, and I have a shopping list to pick up a few last minute things before heading back to the farm. Cindy and the girls won't be back until 3, so that will give me time to do some tidying before they get back. Then I have to drop Audrey off for her violin lesson in West Chester before I can head home.

OK, I'm ready for a 2nd cup. Who's joining me?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-25-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good grief, that's a lot of running around, Linda! I'll have to go and look at our forecast, I think DH said we're getting 2-3". We almost always get less than you!

DH made the coffee last night on the timer, that made me very happy .

My other vet actually called in to help out today, that hopefully means it will not be too insane. Only 3.5 more work days til my FT colleague is back! But, I'm not counting .

Putting chicken chili in the crock pot...
Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Off to get snow tires before starting work (well not really, I've already been emailing with my boss). that the storm holds off until late in the day Wednesday so we can get to DDs before it gets bad. I will be so sad if we can't get there for the baby''s first holiday.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Safe travels in all of your busyness, Cyndi and Linda. Looks like this snow will miss me, but tonight I have to start worrying about my boys being on the road. I think they will be ahead of the weather.

Working on changing my holiday eating mindset: it is not a license for an all-out week-long free for all. I WILL limit myself to a few off plan treats and modify my menu so most of our food is at least somewhat beachified. I have been living on Kalyn's site the last few days looking for ideas.

Got to run! I'll take mine in a to-go cup, Linda!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-25-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm happy not to be working today! Will finish any cleaning that doesn't need to wait until last minute. Need to make another trip to grocery store now that we've planned meals for DS and his girlfriend. Need to get to party store for some paper goods. DH is planning our Costco run but I won't be surprised if he wants me to go with him.

Having technical troubles related to the genealogy stuff I do so am frustrated that I can't work on that until I hear back from tech support. I suppose it is good timing - I have more important things to do today than research ancestors! But still...

I'm watching that weather since DS and his girlfriend fly in tomorrow from the east coast. He's in PA and she's in CT. They meet up somewhere for a connection. DS2 is flying out of LA late tonight and actually gets in tomorrow morning. Fortunately DH is doing that airport run!

Have a great day.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Busy, busy USA Chicks! I'm glad we have out T Day in October when we don't have so much other stuff happening - like snow!

Feeling really decadent today since I slept until after 7! Woke around 4 fretting about "stuff" but put some lavender oil on my pillow and went right back to sleep. My Grandma taught me that trick and it always works for me when I'm having a "white night".

No sign of roofers yet but they may show as we have a mild day without rain or snow. It's 41 right now and no rain in the three-day forecast. However there is a pretty strong wind this a.m. that they show.

Lots on my plate today but no baking included. The repair guy will be here as soon as he gets the new element from Sears. I do need to go to the bank to get some bills to finish the schoolwork prizes and will do some outside stuff like porch lights, ditching fall decor and maybe even covering the AC. I won't turn on the lights on the porch until December because they just don't look right without snow. (Not in a hurry for it so keep it down there, chickies!)

Gotta dash and get dressed so I can be decent if the lads show.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning safe travels chicks and chick children. DS comes home tonight so he should be ahead of the storm. We are supposed to get 6-10" better get the snow blower prepped today. I need to get the pies from the bakery tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if they will be ready late today.

Gotta go check on the critters at Joe's today. He is still away and expected to get more snow than me. Hope he has a plow guy on call so his tenant can get home.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was already running behind then got a call from DH. We talked for awhile since I needed to update him. We are definitely headed to KS on Friday for the pup. The shelter is closed but the rescue coordinator will meet us when we arrive.

No time for personals just a shout out to PearlRose.....sending supportive thoughts as StLouis walks through another very painful time.

Take care everyone! Gotta run!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Didn't really want to drive into St. Louis this morning but have a meeting with my director so I am here. I think I will work from home tomorrow.

Cottage that sure is a lot of running around.

Twynn great news that someone is helping out today

Cyndi I hope you are able to make it for first holiday

Beth I am the same have to get rid of that mindset and only allow myself one day

Karen safe travels for your DS's and GF

Ruth I hope they are able to come today to work on your roof

Jekel hopefully the bakery will have your pies ready early.

Debbie thanks for the thoughts, it is very somber at work today no one knows what to say. We are gearing up for this to last awhile.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all -

Positive thoughts to all in need.

I am exceptionally glad that this thread is here. Tough times going on in many places - they make me realize that my issues are SO manageable!

Be well -
Closed Thread