Old 11-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Menu Help!

I would love some input into this menu. What would you get from here if you were still on induction?

http://www.bakerscrust.com/wp-conten...MenuUPDATE.pdf

I'm thinking about the shrimp and avocado salad, without the citrus dressing, and maybe a ranch or blue cheese if it needs dressing. Does that sound okay? Are there better options? I'm usually pretty good at eating out, but this is a soup and sandwich place without nutrition facts posted so I'm a little nervous. Thanks in advance!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Ooo lots of good things to eat... But I can see that there are many tempting ideas!.

I would think any salad (no tomatoes, fruit etc) with the veggies and meat and full fat dressings are fine (Blue cheese, Ranch)... My standby is the Ceasar salad with grilled chicken, except I have ranch dressing instead of ceasar. Just my thoughts Enjoy!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Ooo lots of good things to eat... But I can see that there are many tempting ideas!.

I would think any salad (no tomatoes, fruit etc) with the veggies and meat and full fat dressings are fine (Blue cheese, Ranch)... My standby is the Ceasar salad with grilled chicken, except I have ranch dressing instead of ceasar. Just my thoughts Enjoy!
Be mindful that tomatoes are a little higher in carbs...but...they are permitted on Induction
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I'd probably go for a burger without the bun (many places will now lettuce-wrap).

The Cobb salad is also a decent option.

Shrimp and avocado if you avoid the honey mustard dressing ok too.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #5  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

ive been away and struggling but I saw another Navy mom giving it a go!!
Of course navy was some years back. That salad sounds so good, gonna give it a try
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Awesome! Thanks! I had the shrimp and it was really good. Actually just a little regular Ranch, but the avocado added so much it didn't need much. I appreciate the input!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #7  
Changed 1

S/C/G: 268/250/150

Height: 5' 10"

I have been working on converting my go to recipes into Atkins friendly ones and want to know which sugar substitutes to use. Are Stevia and Splenda ok or do I need to stick to Sweet n' Low and SugarTwin? And does anyone know how to convert any of these to honey?
Changed 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed 1 View Post
I have been working on converting my go to recipes into Atkins friendly ones and want to know which sugar substitutes to use. Are Stevia and Splenda ok or do I need to stick to Sweet n' Low and SugarTwin? And does anyone know how to convert any of these to honey?
According to Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, Splenda is the preferred sugar substitute. As far as honey, that would be a no-no on Atkins.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #9  
Changed 1

Is there a way to convert Splenda into a honey substitute?
Old 11-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Is there a way to convert Splenda into a honey substitute?
"Honey Substitute"....are you talking about something like Agave Nectar??
Old 11-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #11  
Changed 1

Something like that only Atkins Friendly. Agave Nectar isn't a low-glycemic substitution. I have a recipe that that I love and miss that calls for 1/4 cup honey. The only reason I cannot have it on Atkins is the honey. I want to substitute the honey with something that will go into Atkins Phase two or three so I can still eat it.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Something like that only Atkins Friendly. Agave Nectar isn't a low-glycemic substitution. I have a recipe that that I love and miss that calls for 1/4 cup honey. The only reason I cannot have it on Atkins is the honey. I want to substitute the honey with something that will go into Atkins Phase two or three so I can still eat it.
You are correct, Agave Nectar isn't a good substitute on Atkins. Personally, I don't use artificial sweetener of any kind. I'm not sure if it would work but, DaVinci's makes a "sugar-free" Splenda sweetened syrup that might be a possibility. http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...?productID=213