Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 11/21/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Happy, happy Friday IPeeps!!!

I am happy this week is OVER!! I don't know if it's hormonal or what, but I have just felt dragged out, blah and uninspired at work this week!

Hopefully I will get some stuff done around the the house and it will help me feel more accomplished.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Day 1 for me (again). I bought The Beck Diet Solution yesterday and am already on chapter four. I decided I am going to be OP over the weekend and start the six week challenge on Monday. I really hope this helps. So far what I have read, everything is making sense and seems just like me and my thought processes. I can't wait to make permanent changes!

I hope everyone has a great day. I will check in after work!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #4  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Happy Friday All:

Day 13 starts for me. I am on this diet for 2 long weeks. Feeling better day by day.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Starting again today! Lost really well for 13 weeks, then had some stomach issues and fell off track. I was thinking about trying Atkins, but I just think the regimen of IP will work better for me to get the last 15-20 lbs. off. Hoping my mind will get in line and I will have the focus I had the first time.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #6  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Glad it's Friday! I had official weigh in #18 last nite - down 2.2 which I was glad to see. I had lost 1 lb last week - my lowest weekly loss so far, and there have been so many recent postings re "stalled losses" that I was paranoid. I am happy with slow as long as it is steady - so far so good.

I did hope to make it to the 50lb milestone this month... I guess it could happen but I think early December is more likely. I think it will be a milestone to celebrate... A facial? Maybe massage? Or maybe I should do a light Botox to get rid of my 'elevens' wrinkles between my eyebrows.... Something to reward myself for hanging in and reaching such a notable milestone!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Glad it's Friday! I had official weigh in #18 last nite - down 2.2 which I was glad to see. I had lost 1 lb last week - my lowest weekly loss so far, and there have been so many recent postings re "stalled losses" that I was paranoid. I am happy with slow as long as it is steady - so far so good.

I did hope to make it to the 50lb milestone this month... I guess it could happen but I think early December is more likely. I think it will be a milestone to celebrate... A facial? Maybe massage? Or maybe I should do a light Botox to get rid of my 'elevens' wrinkles between my eyebrows.... Something to reward myself for hanging in and reaching such a notable milestone!
Oneuh2 you are an inspiration to me! We started at the same time and I am glad to see you doing to well! Made my jello this morning and getting my head in the game to see this to the end!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Feeling down today. Lots of NSV's lately but the scale is not moving too much. Grateful it is not going up. With only 24 lbs left to lost I am realistic that the losses will slow down but we are human and we let it get to us.

Planning a busy weekend to get in the spirit of the holidays. Hopefully that will push the bad feelings out and give my a refreshed spirit to continue my journey.

Glad it is Friday!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Good morning!! Just had my second WI, and apparently I took down my numbers on my chart wrong... last week I lost 7.6 lbs, not 7.3lbs (not that anyone is following me THAT closely, but I am going on the record because hey, it is affecting my overall pounds lost now!)

This week I am down 3.8lbs which brings me to a total of 11.4lbs lost in 2 weeks! I'm also down 8.75".

I am really starting to see the weight loss in my stomach and arms (and my bust... booo) but I'm now at the point where people are noticing and commenting on it, which makes me feel great!

I cheated a little bit this week with some real salad dressing (vinaigrette, not creamy) and yesterday had 3 small chocolate covered pretzels. My initial plan was to go hardcore until Thanksgiving, take one meal off to enjoy it, and then get back OP until Christmas. Thanksgiving plan is still the same (coach approved for one meal--no leftovers, except turkey), but I won't beat myself up too bad for a couple slip ups. Onward and upward!

Have a great day, lovelies!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
Feeling down today. Lots of NSV's lately but the scale is not moving too much. Grateful it is not going up. With only 24 lbs left to lost I am realistic that the losses will slow down but we are human and we let it get to us.

Planning a busy weekend to get in the spirit of the holidays. Hopefully that will push the bad feelings out and give my a refreshed spirit to continue my journey.

Glad it is Friday!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Buster – When I feel like the scale isn’t moving for a couple weeks, I go back and add up how much weight I’ve lost the last month. Whatever the amount lost, my rationale is I never would have lost that much on my own (or even another diet). Don’t miss the forest for the trees….you’ve come so far! I totally know how you feel but it will come!

Hit 200lbs on my home scale this morning. Soooo close to Onderland. I can’t wait!

I want to shout it from the rooftops but even my DH doesn’t know what weight I started at so if I tell him I hit 199 after losing 63lbs he will know I started at over 260. I have been talking to my therapist about being my authentic self and not trying to have the perception of being perfect so maybe I need to tell him. But it is so embarrassing that I let myself get to that weight. My weight/emotional issues…GAH! Sometimes I think life was easier when I was fat and unhappy.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday!!

Totally missed my weigh in this morning, kids were being a little rough getting ready for school...so I'll probably hop on the scale tomorrow to see where I'm at. Expecting a lower week since I dropped 2lbs last week, and I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should this week. I'm in the last few weeks of the semester and trying to stay on top of my homework with the holidays coming up is tough!

Hope everyone has a Fab Friday!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

WI this morning. . . . down 1.4 lbs.! to everyone else and have a great day!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #13  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Oneuh2 you are an inspiration to me! We started at the same time and I am glad to see you doing to well! Made my jello this morning and getting my head in the game to see this to the end!
ooohh!! Thanks for the kind words, Tanklan -- you have been right in there with me and our other summer starters on IP -- thanks for your support!!!!

And thanks to all of you posters on 3FC who keep coming back to the forum, sharing ups and downs, and ideas and recipes. To be honest -- when I began my IP journey I set a goal to try to lose 50 lbs... thinking that the 90 I really needed to lose was just too much to try to get my head around. And, besides.... I have never lost 50lbs on a single 'eating management' effort, and I have launched many of those over the years. I just did not have the confidence to go for the whole magilla....

Now, here I am - 4.5 months later, with the 50lbs lost milestone actually in reach. I could not have done it without you all and this forum. And furthermore - you give me such confidence that I changed my goal a couple of months ago to lose the full 90 lbs!

Just to top off these good feelings -- now that I have updated my signature and profile here on 3FC I see that
I have passed the halfway mark!!!! DING DING DING !!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

Had my second weigh in yesterday, was down a pound... so 4 pounds total in 2 weeks. To be honest i was expecting more but wont complain because ive lost over 14"! including 5 alone from my tummy.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I haven't checked in a while! I missed last week's WI because I had to jump out of town unexpectedly. I went this morning and am down 1 lb from last weeks WI. I won't WI again until December 5th so I'm HOPING I'll drop into the 130s then. I was at 140.6 this morning.

I have to get back into my go getter mentality and I have been buckling down this past week. TOM this go around brought on some serious cravings and I buckled saying "I can have a little of this or that and I won't gain" but I still have more to lose and I couldn't keep that mentality. Like I told my coach, no way I would have lost 50+ lbs if I had been on that mentality all along. Hitting the grind hard through goal now. I don't even plan on cheating on Thanksgiving anymore.

I hope everyone is well. I miss everyone!! :hugs:
Closed Thread