Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 11/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good morning everyone!!! I got up early full of energy lol.....rare for me on a thursday since i work evenings the other days. I sleep so well now without having heartburn.

Yesterday while munching a salad i gathered some new recipies, I am trying to cook more with spices to really enjoy the taste of things more then salt and sugar taste. I wish some of these diet foods werent so sugary.

My cat is really happy with all of this chicken and fish I am eating lol Maybe his big belly will shrink a bit along with mine!
Old 11-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning.

Busy day for me today. My office is changing names and we are having a grand re-opening ribbon cutting at 10 and then a family cocktail party at 5 tonight, all being catered. I will have my food with me for the am and that will be easy, dinner tonight another issue, but I'll make it work!

Had a dinner out last night and felt great passing on the wine, bread and dessert with ease. Was with a group of people I see yearly at this dinner and they were so happy to see me and made many comments on my weight. Felt great and made passing on the food so easy
Old 11-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning.

Busy day for me today. My office is changing names and we are having a grand re-opening ribbon cutting at 10 and then a family cocktail party at 5 tonight, all being catered. I will have my food with me for the am and that will be easy, dinner tonight another issue, but I'll make it work!

Had a dinner out last night and felt great passing on the wine, bread and dessert with ease. Was with a group of people I see yearly at this dinner and they were so happy to see me and made many comments on my weight. Felt great and made passing on the food so easy
Ifs funny people offer items were not allowed for the moment we can say no easily, then at home alone......the munch monster strikes lol....mine is tied up for the moment, but I hear him lol
Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning IPers! Celebrated my 20yr anniversary last night. DH took me to Trulucks for dinner (seafood and steak) and they gave us such great service. That and fixed my seafood just the way I wanted. No butter on anything. The scallops were to die for.

Oh, and I bought and wore a little strapless number. Who would have thought THAT would ever have been possible a few months ago? Gave that strapless bra a run for its money but it held everything together. Can't wait for the girls to lose more weight.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Loved reading about all of the NSVs yesterday. Let's keep it up!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #6  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Day 12 starts for me. Until yesterday I was dealing with big "C". I ate my spinach and wonder happens.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone

Today is day 4 and I currently have a headache but it seens to be going away it was really bad lastnight and when I first woke up ... I tried the salt on my hand but that didnt work and unfirtunately I didnt have any aspirin to take.

So I'm going to do my big grocery shopping this weekend and I think I am going to pick up a WF or two ... so far the only one I heard is kind of good is the Thousand Island and a Creamy Bacon .... any other suggestions?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOgden3 View Post
Good Morning Everyone

Today is day 4 and I currently have a headache but it seens to be going away it was really bad lastnight and when I first woke up ... I tried the salt on my hand but that didnt work and unfirtunately I didnt have any aspirin to take.

So I'm going to do my big grocery shopping this weekend and I think I am going to pick up a WF or two ... so far the only one I heard is kind of good is the Thousand Island and a Creamy Bacon .... any other suggestions?
Our favorite is the Italian - regular not Zesty - my kiddo even likes it. I also like the balsamic, but hubby says it's too sweet for him. Hope your headache clears up!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #9  
Beginner

Check out www.waldenfarms.com and they have pancake syrup, tomoate sauce and many other items. I found Wegman's has the cheapest price on WF product in compare to Wal-Mart, Giant, Target and others.

Also, for big "C" I bought 3 Ballerina Tea from a asian store. Drink 2 cups a day and see the magic.

Last edited by rsach312; 11-20-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Our favorite is the Italian - regular not Zesty - my kiddo even likes it. I also like the balsamic, but hubby says it's too sweet for him. Hope your headache clears up!
Thanks for the info ... I am going to try those .... I wish I could get sample packets somewhere ...
Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Morning! So nice to wake up without any joint aches! I always forget how much a poor diet that is heavy in processed carbs kills my joints until I remove those products and then I'm pain free!�� My daughter is home today sick . It seems that a virus is spreading rapidly through their school this week. We need to keep her isolated so it doesn't spread to the rest of us. She is thrilled to stay home and watch TV!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Good morning IPers! Celebrated my 20yr anniversary last night. DH took me to Trulucks for dinner (seafood and steak) and they gave us such great service. That and fixed my seafood just the way I wanted. No butter on anything. The scallops were to die for.

Oh, and I bought and wore a little strapless number. Who would have thought THAT would ever have been possible a few months ago? Gave that strapless bra a run for its money but it held everything together. Can't wait for the girls to lose more weight.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Loved reading about all of the NSVs yesterday. Let's keep it up!
Awesome NSV's!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOgden3 View Post
I love the ranch dressing, and I use the honey dijon dressing on chicken and tuna patties. If you can find the pancake syrup it's TOTALLY worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchfun View Post
Morning! So nice to wake up without any joint aches! I always forget how much a poor diet that is heavy in processed carbs kills my joints until I remove those products and then I'm pain free!�� My daughter is home today sick . It seems that a virus is spreading rapidly through their school this week. We need to keep her isolated so it doesn't spread to the rest of us. She is thrilled to stay home and watch TV!
Great news about the joint pain! Between the lowered inflammation from removing those processed carbs, and the lower weight...your joints will definitely be thanking you.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good morning fellow IPeeps,

I find it so hard to be active in the winter! It's waking in the dark and leaving work in the dark. I'm finding it challenging to get up in the mornings to get a light morning walk in on the treadmill.

Usually I just give up on my walking/running efforts and stick to once a week indoor soccer and I added curling in for the first time last year (but equipment problems are delaying this season). But I really want to get into the habit of some daily activity.
I've tried to get my husband to encourage me to get up when the alarm goes off, but that's not working. I think I may have to remind him daily to encourage me

And you gotta love this forum! Here I was thinking I was doing great, being 100% OP for almost 8 weeks, when I just found out I was occasionally having two RESTRICTED IP packs in a day!!

I try to post what I've been eating in the daily "what are you eating" thread, and thankfully someone caught that I had two restricted packs yesterday. I did not know that the cereal flakes were restricted(I'm glad I'm starting to see "restricted" stickers on some of the products that are coming in)! Thankfully I only bought one box so far, and only to add some variety.

Have a great OP day!!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #14  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!
TOgden3 - it's also day four for me this time around. So far so good. I've never dealt with terrible headaches or any of the symptoms I've read about on here - Something I'm very grateful for!

locks - I hear you on the "private eating". When I'm around people that know I'm on a diet I have such self control. Then when I'm home alone, bored, I'll eat whatever's in the pantry! It's like if no one sees me eating, it didn't actually happen! I usually since I keep most good food out of the house, I end up binging on food that isn't even worth the calories and I don't even enjoy!
So far no real cravings, but I need to keep busy this weekend as I know it's usually Friday after work when the cravings start sneaking up on me!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #15  
Beginner

Have a office potluck. I am determined to stay good and will focus on salad only.
Closed Thread