Old 07-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #1  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Default Misto - for olive oil

So I came across this cool little bottle at my local target and I decided to give up the 10 bucks and give it a try. It wasn't until tonight that I really tried to use it and do the math. It will surely spread the olive oil upon surfaces better than dripping it from my tsp. But how do I calculate the amount I'm consuming for calorie counting?

I filled it with 100g of virgin olive oil.
Then I took my tsp and put it on my scale and weighed how heavy 1 tsp is. Which turned up 4 g and I confirmed it on google. (google>calories in olive oil they have a handy little tool)

So then, I got a bowl then sprayed and counted..
one one thousand, and so on

until it measured out to 4 grams.
multiple times and got an average of 8 one thousands.

Now I realize some of you are wondering who is this crazy girl doing all of this??
But I'm totally serious about this calorie counting thing, can you tell?

So This is to ask... does this sound correct?
Does anyone have this misto thing and did the same thing? probably not. lol.

(I just did a search > misto calories per spray and it says 1 sec = 1/4 tsp 10 calories...
which in my experiments 1 sec= 1/8 tsp 5 calories. I keep coming up with the same thing... so that's weird.)
Help.

Last edited by raworz; 07-11-2013 at 05:14 AM.
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/213/130

Height: 5'6"

wow, kudos for you for being diligent in your calorie counting. I haven't heard of this misto thing, but I might look into it because I've gotten annoyed with the "spray can" versions that say 1/10 of a second (1 serving) is blah blah calories.. how the heck am I supposed to spray it for 1/10 of a second? lol. I bet raworz could work that out for me though
Kuualoha is offline   Reply With Quote