General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #1  
Getting Baby Ready!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'3

Default 5 pounds at a time

Ok. Here I am again, back after some months. I did well earlier this year at losing some weight, got pretty excited as I thought I was nearing the point of trying to actively conceive my first child and BAM!!! I find out I need surgery to remove fibroids and then a double whammy when I found out the surgery was more extensive than originally thought.

But anyway, here I am almost 6 weeks post op and the dr has released me to do light exercise (walking). I have been making all sorts of dietary changes to prevent those Devils from growing back but I am just ready to start really tracking again. Writing things down for accountability works great for me.

So here I go again. Focusing on smaller goals at a time now. I just weighed myself and today I am 165.6 lbs. So instead of focusing on my ultimate goal, I will just focus on 5 lb goals, more gratifying. All in all I would like to get 15-20 pounds off before trying to conceive so...

HERE is where I will do it!

I better get a few BEFORE pics so that I can see the progress not only on the scale but in pictures.

We all know those last 10-20 pounds can be a beast and I know that with limited exercise capabilities this will be challenging, but I'm up for it.

How I plan to get there.. Paying attention to calories in/out. I love my polar activity tracker. When I really tracked my food along with my activity, I did pretty well with losing a pound or two a week. I will record things here.

Start weight: 165.6

Goal #1: 160.6

You ready ?
BUNDLEOFJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Rock It!
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Get it, girl! We're ready!

You ready?!?
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #4  

I love the idea of 5 lb goals. Best of luck
ivanabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #5  
Getting Baby Ready!

Hi !!! Wow.. I am excited to see you gals dropped by!

Alrighty!! I got my groceries, got my treadmill pulled out (for dr approved light walking) and a stretching exercise video that I think will be gentle enough to not hurt my recovery.

Cooked up some leafy green vegetables to make sure I'm including veggies in my meals and ....it's showtime!

Activity tracker ...check!
Food log ...check!

I just threw out the foods that will keep me from reaching my goals. No point in those things sitting in the cabinet calling my name everyday. No thank you! Since my energy is not 100%, I plan to get my exercise in early.

Tomorrow I will be back with my meals and exercise. Preparation is key. I am glad I took time yesterday and today to get things in order.

Time to burn this first 5 pounds off!

Now...

I'm Ready!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

Nice, sounds like you are all set up and ready to go!

Go You, Go You, Go You!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-18-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #7  
Getting Baby Ready!

Good Morning !!!

Off today so able to sleep in a little.

8:45 am - 164.8 pounds

Time to go do a little exercise ☺️ I'll be back!

Exercise- Ttapp - basic plus workout.

Had a little soreness but felt better later after some Advil.

Ate a egg and veggie cheese sandwich topped with mixed greens for Brunch. It was delicious!

Was out longer than I thought for an appointment today so by the time I got home, I was hungry and it was dinner time. The doctor called to tell me that I need to up my iron intake ASAP because of low blood count which explains my tiredness. I told her I'd up my iron pills, eat dark leafy greens, beans, and a serving of black strap molasses/daily.

Her words, "Eat a couple hamburgers.."

I told her that I would since I don't eat meat that often, so I went and found some organic hamburgers at my local organic market and had one for dinner with kale and bean chips. Pretty good. I will do what ever I have to do get my blood count up. This is definitely important! Cals today ~ 1500.

Time for bed. I will be looking through a couple of recipe books so that I can get some ideas of some new things I can cook. I bought some easy frozen type meals to take my mind from worrying about extensive food prep at this point.

Well, off to go and dream about those delicious new meals.

Until tomorrow ...

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-18-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #8  
Getting Baby Ready!

MRS SNARK!!!

I quickly clicked on your blog link and OH MY GOSH!!! You have done an amazing job!! Such a beauty! Love the progress pictures ! See that's why before and after pictures are so important to remind you of how great you're doing. I did this years ago and it was so important because sometimes I'd look down and swear I didn't see progress, and then I'd pull out my pictures and BAM!! Undeniable progression !

Can't wait to read your blog later !

Ok, now I'm off to take my BEFORE PICS and THEN exercise! Thanks for the reminder !

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-18-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

Thanks so much for the nice compliments, you're too kind! I agree that progress pictures are so helpful, and while I was less than thrilled when I took the first one, I was glad I had done it. I'm glad you're going to take them!

Hope you day went well!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #10  
Getting Baby Ready!

Yesterday I got my first walk on the treadmill in. Slow and steady. Just 30 minutes but was glad to get it in. Really sucks to see the minimal calories burned but hey, I'm not running anymore so I have to just deal with it and cut the Cals from my food. Boooo!

Had some minor cramping last night but I will keep at it!

On to today -

This morning sipped on delicious herbal tea until I felt hungry.

Brunch was a delicious pumpkin smoothie with hemp protein and greens
Banana chips for snack
Dinner: 1 egg /3 white omelette with Go Veggie cheese and greens
Croissant

No exercise for me today. Every other day for now until I build my strength up. Every step is a step closer to my goal!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

Great job! I'm a big fan of the treadmill and I think walking is overall excellent for your health!

Your herbal tea reminded me that I have some nice peach herbal tea in the cabinet that would be good this afternoon! Yum!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #12  
Getting Baby Ready!

Talking

Gooooood Morning!!!!!!

Haven't even got up to wash my face yet but I'm here posting before the day gets crazy!! Got a few things on my mind that I have to post!

1) first things first, I now this may sound crazy but I think I need to shock my body for at least 1-3 days to just get the weight loss moving. I can do this a couple of ways but the best way for he would just be to "cycle" my calories a little. What I mean is, take my calories down a notch for a couple of day and then just bring them back up to the appropriate level. Ive done a version of this before when I needed to drop a few EL BEEEES (lbs..lol) but I would just create the deficit with my exercise. But for now, while I'm only burning 100 damn calories - obviously that method ain't happening.

So I will really tighten up on my calories. Eyeballing them was ok before but I think I am going to really have to strictly measure and post now that I don't have high intensity exercise to reign things in. It's allllll good. Adjustments, adjustments. Just keep tweaking the h*ll out of the plan until it's your OWN and it works for you.

2) Timing of meals - no, I'm not trying to have SET timing but as far as eating later in the night time hours --- NO GOOD! Sometimes I feel snacky at night but it's not true hunger and I must cut that out. I'm not eating twinkles and chips or anything but it doesn't matter. I feel better in the morning when I don't eat close to bed time. Plus I know I loser faster and see a definite change in my belly when I cut out the lip smacking before bed. I know what it is though... If I have a snack, I can go to sleep faster and I think that's why I do it too, but this will be cut out. Let's start working on that today!! Definitely no eating within 2 hours of bed time, but will work up to longer than that. It would be awesome to just say that I don't eat after 7pm and call it a day but I'll work on it. I just feel icky in the morning when I do that. My tummy is just not happy with it. So I must stop it.

Well that's about it for now, but I had to get that out. I just feel like I need to step my game up to get the ball rolling a little faster. I have to let my body know what the heck we're doing here ...lol. In the past, exercise just played such a huge role ...I just FELT more like I was in "weight loss" mode after a good run. It not only made me feel like I was in the midst of dropping weight, but also curbed my appetite as well. It's a feeling that's hard to explain but anyway I can make this happen with just walking for now but I have to tighten up on the food and that's exactly what I intend to do ! I'll start posting more meals but I'll warn you that I am a strange eater, but I just do what works for me.

So this past week was the Pre-Game Show... It was good. Just got me thinking ALOT... Revising the game plan... Ain't nothing wrong with that.

All I know is - WE'RE GOING TO WIN!

Let's do it
Old 11-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

Alot of people do calorie cycling, or intermittent fasting, and find it very useful and feel great on it. I think you know what's good for YOU. So do your thang.

I'm interested to see what your version of "strange eater" will be. I feel like I am a bit of a strange eater as well, so I'll compare for strangeness.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #14  
Getting Baby Ready!

Default 164.8... Holding steady

Yea I'm trying to see 163 like tomorrow or Monday and I'm not playing around. refer to my last post for the game plan. I mean helllllllo, my body needs to at least let go off some excess water weight - Sheeeesh!

No worries, We (me and you - all of you Lovelies who are on this same journey ) will make that happen.

Will be back throughout the day to update. That may work better.

Brunch egg and veggie cheese on rice toast with greens

Dinner - steak sandwich (trying my best to eat red meat at least twice a week u til I get this iron deficiency under control

I did not eat after 730pm. Went to bed around 2am. I wasn't hungry but did think about snack. Slept pretty good Gotta keep this up!

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-23-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #15  
Getting Baby Ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Alot of people do calorie cycling, or intermittent fasting, and find it very useful and feel great on it. I think you know what's good for YOU. So do your thang.

I'm interested to see what your version of "strange eater" will be. I feel like I am a bit of a strange eater as well, so I'll compare for strangeness.
Thanks for hanging around Mrs. Snark!

And if I have time here and there I will take a picture of a few of my "meals."
They really aren't that strange to me but to others they are sometimes a little odd. Lol

Last edited by BUNDLEOFJOY; 11-26-2014 at 09:28 PM.