Old 11-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Default What are meetings like?

Hello,
I am thinking of going to a local OA meeting but kind of nervous. Can anyone tell me a bit what it is like and what it involves?

My mian fears is I will be the worst overeater there, and that everyone will be having more success in their recovery than me. I have felt this at weight loss support type situations (though I know OA isn't a weight loss group), people get sick of me becuase I don't manage the successes they do, they think I am not trying. I worry about what the group will think of me, even though I guess everyone there got same issues. I am not sure why, just I guess makes you vulnerable. I also worry if what if people I know was there? Might make it hard to open up and things. I guess that happens sometimes. Any infromation I appreciate!
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #2  

The meetings I go to are wonderful. Very supportive group. You don't have to go it alone. My disease will tell me I'm the worse one there, I'm going to be the fattest one there, I'm a piece of crap, anything to get me not to go. If you know someone there more than likely they have the disease too and will be a great comfort to you. OA recommends you go to six different meetings as a newcomer to see if you are one of us and to see how different the meetings are.

Good luck, I hope you go and give yourself the best gift a person can be given.

Last edited by Loniblaze3; 11-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Loniblaze3 is offline   Reply With Quote