Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:49 AM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Default Weekend chat!!! 1/31 - 2/1

Hey am I the first one up???!!! I am starting chat!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-31-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:54 AM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning,
I've been up for a while but I decided to cook myself a really nice breakfast for a change. No more grabbing some sausage and running out the door. I had the strangest experience last night.... of going over to my bf's house with the intention of dumping him..... and I got dumped!!! At first I kinda giggled.... Now I'm wondering how I didn't know he wanted to dump me. A silly thing to ponder over when I so didn't want to be the one who called it quits in the first place..... but oh well.
The surgery went well yesterday but the news wasn't good. We are waiting until she gets back on her feet to see if she wants to go through radiation treatment or not. She watched her husband die a little over a year ago from the same type of cancer... and he had been going through radiation and it didn't seem to work.... so I don't know what's going to happen.
Well folks, that's all I've got for this morning. I"m feeling gooooood...
Old 01-31-2004, 12:24 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Hey everyone!

Shimma - kindof funny how things work out. I'm glad to see that things are going better.

TG - I was thinking about you yesterday while I was wandering Lloyd Center. You seem to be doing great as usual!

Yesterday was my own little **** for most of the day. Thursday night, after class, I met up with a friend for some girl time. I had ordered a diet coke at the place where we were talking and we had a good time. I felt a little yucky when I went to bed but blamed it on smoking (something I normally only do on the nights dh works at the bar). I was wrong.

Yesterday morning, I was SICK. It felt like I had a horrible hangover without the dehydration and the headache. My stomach was just shaking and if I stayed upright for more than 30 seconds, I would throw up. It was terrible! I ended up having to stay laying flat on my back until 1:00 in the afternoon! I kept sipping water and nibbling on things to try and settle my stomach down. By 3:00 I was feeling almost normal. Except that I was completely lethargic and I was craving carbs like I was on my second day of induction all over again.

I've come to the conclusion that on my refill, the waitress must have accidently given me regular coke. OMG - that was terrible! So there's my motivation to stay away from sweets and only order water unless it comes in a bottle. Argh!

Happily I got feeling better in time to go with dh to a Winter Hawks game. They're our local, semi-pro hockey team and I love going to the games! Last night they played the team that they were tied with for first place ranking and we won! Yippee! And best of all, it was a really agressive game. I know, I'm terrible, but I love the body checks and the fights

Today, I'm at work making up for the hours I missed yesterday. DH is going to the Blazers v. Bulls game tonight and then meeting up with me and some friends later. Should be a fun night

Have a great day, all!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:42 PM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi kids!

Urgh I had the worst day yesterday. I got home and all the stress just was killing me and I got in a fight with DH who i haven't seen since Monday, the kids were crying and the house was totally destroyed and I just had my own little nervous breakdown!! Then came the carbs, I ate like I haven't eaten since October!!! I ate some chocolate, then I ate a PB sandwhich and some cereal (that used to be a common meal for me then sand and cereal) then I ate some M& M's and washed it all down with a glass of milk. OMG I was soooooo outta control, I haven't felt that crazy in a long time! Then OMG as soon as the sugar hit my system, I felt like I was gonna DIE!! I was all shaky, my heart was racing and I felt totally lethargic, I was sleepy just like someone had given me a drug. BUT that is nothing compared to this morning!! OMG I was soooooooooo sick. Totally nauseated and diarrhea. the worst! I feel better now, I got some water down and some LC food and I seemed to have rounded the corner, i am just still shakey. I am gonna try the gym and burn off the rest of the sugar!

Well I won't be doing that again!!!!! OMG!!! I still am in awe that I even did that.

Star maybe I had sympathy carb sickness for you!! LOL

I will talk later gals!!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey there, everyone!

Yikes, Theo & Star! Some pretty strong reactions there! Hope your systems are settled down now. Was wondering where you were yesterday, Star. It seems so bizarre to not see you floating around!

Shimma: Interesting how the two of you seemed to be at the same page, in terms of ending the relationship. I guess it helps that it was sort of mutual!

I'm marking assignments today. Part way through a pile of 70. Tomorrow one of my friends is actually having a superbowl potluck party (although interestingly enough, none of us are particularly huge fans, but it gave us an excuse to have a party). Another friend wants to go skating before hand, but on the other side of the city. I have to cook my contribution to the potluck, so it's going to be jam-packed day and I'm not sure whether I can fit both in. I haven't told him yet whether I am going to go or not...he has this amazing talent for picking the most inconvenient times to go skating. The difficult part is that he always takes it as a personal insult if you turn down an invitation to something that he comes up with. I think he thinks that we're lying if we say that we actually have to do something else at that time. *sigh*

Anyway, that's about it! Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:29 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Gee girls feel better huh..... ick.

Today we went to Kmart (I needed a purse), I can't justify buying an expensive one considering how I treat them (I toss them all over the place). Its FREEEZING outside burrr, so we came home, I had an omlet w/veggies and soy sausage for lunch, it was pretty good.

Tomorrow I'm going out for dinner for my anniversary - cheese cake factory

And that would be it for the weekend lol, we just like to relax (well clean and do laundry) but not rush anywhere if you know what I mean.

Have a good weekend everyone....

Hugs
Old 01-31-2004, 02:22 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Happy weekend, ladies!

Shimma: I guess you both had the same idea. I guess it's better that way than having one person thinking break up and the other thinking they are meant for each other.

Star: Yuck! I can't believe the reactions that you have to sugar. I need those reactions so I wouldn't ever be tempted. I hope you are feeling better! Have fun tonight!

Theo'sgirl: I'm sorry about your bad day. Are things better? I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Lekker: Good luck fitting everything in! I'd like to try ice skating again, but there's no ice in sight here.

Leenie: Have a fun and romantic anniversary dinner.

Well, it's a rainy and gloomy day here. I don't feel like doing a whole lot, but will probably force myself to do some laundry and cleaning today.

We watched "Out of Time" and "Le Divorce" last night. "Out of Time" was pretty good. Dean Cain (former Clark Kent/Superman from TV's Lois & Clark), one of the most beautiful men in the world, was in it. He was kind of a jerk in the movie, but I still love him! I really didn't like "Le Divorce" at all -- yuck!

DH wants some good ole home cooking, so I'm making him chicken and noodles, with homemade noodles, which are a pain to make. That's a family tradition in his family. They always have noodles at family dinners. Too bad it couldn't be something easier... Anyway, the PIA noodles are done. I'm also making rolls, creamed spinach and cheesecake. Wow! Kind of a carb-filled meal, huh? Anyway, I'm not planning on eating any of it, except the spinach.

Yay! The Super Bowl is tomorrow! I love sports. I think DH and I are just hanging out and watching it at home. Last year, when the Bucs were in it, DH had to work, so I went out to a bar with some friends, and we had a blast, especially since the Bucs won. It was crazy after the game. All kinds of horn-honking and people running around going nuts in the streets.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Oh my goodness....just got back from the gym, drank a liter of water, took a shower and I feel like myself again, the sugar stupor is over and I spent time with DH before he went to work so that made me feel better! I was just haywire last night. I guess I am just as bad as the kids about having my routine messed up. gotta go grocery shopping...I am down to salami, cheese and some almonds!!

Going to Costco too and I am getting 2 bags of the foster farms Hot and spicy wings I am addicted to them!!! And at 1 carb per 4 wings how could you go wrong??!!

Star...to continue our subway discussion over here... i had them add all the veggies and the extra cheese, but you are so right you need extra meat too! It was small but it tasted GREAT! I loved the taste.

Talk later ladies gotta do food log and word association!
Old 01-31-2004, 03:34 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Maybe I've been doing this long enough to shrink my stomach??? After 6 1/2 months of appetitie supressing ketones, it's certainly possible. I also could barely finish of a 6" sub before I started Atkins and I think the wraps are pretty comprable in size so maybe that's it.

TG - I'm sure you're noticed it, but for those not in low-carb mecca, there's been an absolute explosion of low carb "stuff" around here. All the burger joints have "low-carb" menus. One of the local favorites, Burgerville, is now advertising a "protein platter". At work, they now offer low carb bread in the cafeteria (6 grams per slice) and the vending machines all have things like peanuts, sunflower seeds, and beef jerky in them. Even those food vending machines that I affectionately refer to as The Wheel of Death have meat, cheese, and veggie plates in addition to the usual sandwiches and pasta dishes. It's weird!

On top of it all, it seems like I'm getting approached by someone that I'm aquainted with every week because they've decided to start doing the low carb thing.

It's all over the news, the medical journals, stores, restaurants, I overhear people talking about it every where I go! And it's certainly an adjustment for me. I'm excited because perhaps this will equate to an overall better way of life. On the other hand, I don't think processing low carb versions of everything traditionally high carb is the answer. I'm still amazed at the amount of people who are leaping into this with both feet before even stopping to learn about what they're doing or making sure they're doing it right. It makes me wonder how many other people are going to hurt themselves out of ignorance/laziness and then blame this WOE.

Enough ranting. Just needed to vent
Old 01-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 6"

Must be great living in carb central.. Around here everyone looks at you like your crazy if you order a burger without the bun We do have a few options. Hardess have their low carb burgers.. simply yummy.. but I ask them to take off the ketchup and pickles. BurgerKing I'm told has a low carb burger.. haven't gotten there to find that out yet.. and of course we have the Subway.. however those little wraps aren't for ones on induction *snaps* In the grocery stores Atkins products consist of maybe one shelf with a few other low carb brands on the sides. Not much to choose from indeed.

Have to admit that reading the effects of the "next day blues" you girls had, it made me realize that .. I used to feel like that everyday! Always tired.. always had an upset tummy.. just blah. Even in the 10 days I've been on Atkins I've noticed big changes... I do have much more energy.. I'm not always looking around for something to shove in my face and I'm not half as dead tired as I used to be. The only issue I'm having now is headaches.. oye I get one everyday! I blame it on the caffine.. Since I cut it out of my daily intake could that be whats doing it to me? I thought I would be over that part of it by now.. but then again I didn't become addicted to it overnight.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:14 PM   #11  
on my way down again

Hi everyone. Just came to say hi and see how everyone is. I hope everyone's feeling better soon. I am loving how more businesses are offering low carb meals and products, especially breads, cookies and crackers. And I loved the Atkins' friendly subway wrap. I found one just fine, could have ate two to get full, but dh wanted another one right away. But by the time we finished up our businees in town and decided to go to another drive thru Subway so we didn't look strange at the same place ordering more"diet food", he said he didn't need two and wasn't hungry anymore. So I split my macadamias with him. Maybe me complaining it was $4.00 each made him happy we could just have one. LOL Take care!

Last edited by Barbie101; 02-01-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:18 PM   #12  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good evening ladies!

I FINALLY figured out how to change my avatar to reflect my passion for all things froggy! There went half the day, with the other taken up spending hours, sans dh and dd, at Walmart. A little of Star has rubbed off on me, because I was just meandering, taking items off the shelf and reading carb values like I was some sort of secret shopper!

Shimma: Obviously you and your boyfriend must have been on the same wavelength. Even though I always found it personally more satisfying to be the one to call it quits, at least you know you didn't have to break his po' lil heart! Glad to hear the surgery went well, too. Don't look too far ahead right now, but take things as they come.

Star: Massive sugar intake bad, bad, bad. Hope you're feeling much better by now. I'm also just a little fed up with the massive influx into the stores of "low carb" foods. Most of it is too expensive, too high in carb counts, and the marketing is fooling people into believing that you can pretty much eat however much you want of it and still lose weight! The Advantage bars alone have been the downfall of a lot of people who would have otherwise succeeded in this WOE. Now...off of my soapbox.

Theo's Girl: Again...Massive sugar intake bad, bad, bad. The same happened to me a few weeks back when I ate 1/2 a bag of Hershey's kisses (w/almond), and a triple decker PB&J. Thought I was going to shake myself out of my skin the next day. Honestly....it's the memory of how I felt that day that helps keep me honest lately!

Lekker: I'm also working on school-related stuff, but not quite as advanced as yours. Just now, I'm taking a break from cutting out and laminating teddy bear shapes for my cuties. Wanna trade?

Leenie: Have a great time at the Cheescake Factory! Happy anniversary!

JDogg: You are too much! Since I've been Atkinsing, my hubby is one his own in the carb-loaded meal department. He's a skinny 'lil thing so I have little sympathy for him. Enjoy the cooking, stay away from the eating!

Trazzie: In a short while, when you see the weight really coming off, you'll start not to care whether people are looking at you strangely when you order your burger without a bun! I've ordered in restaurants before and told them "if it didn't have eyes in it's former life, leave it off the plate!"

Barbie: With everyone raving about the wraps at Subway, I'm determined to make a stop next week! I don't care how much they cost, as long as they're good!
Old 01-31-2004, 08:50 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

UGH! I hit my stupid backspace button on my mouse. I had this whole thing typed up about how my night went. How my co-leader kept sticking heath bars in my face because she thinks low-carb eating is stupid. Finally told her that it was MY choice of the way I want to eat. I wasn't hungry anyway which was a good thing or I'd have probably eaten the bars. I smuggled 2 boiled eggs for my breakfast while they chowed on "gorp". I'm wondering if I'd have had a bad reaction to the carbs if I'd have eaten it. Gotta admit I'm thirsty for a Pepsi. I made sf jello and plan on putting some of the chocolate whipped topping on it-maybe it's just a sweet attack.
Well, this chickadee is heading to bed in 10 minutes. Lack of sleep is hitting the brain (so maybe I won't even get to the jello. lol). Hope you all are having or had a great day
Old 02-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Just popping in to say hello I'm soooooo tired I could go back to bed but dd2 wouldn't let me lol.

Have a great day.

Leenie
Old 02-01-2004, 09:39 AM   #15  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Brenda: Don't let your coworkers sabbotage your efforts! I work closely with 5 other women, and I'm sure some of them were laughing (okay, I KNOW they were laughing) at my lunches consisting of turkey wrapped around cream cheese. But now that I've lost 17 pounds, it's funny how my copy of the Atkins books is floating between them. it's funny how they start asking some more educated questions, and how they start to wonder how much THEY could lose on this plan. Stick to your guns, girl. I'd rather they laugh at me because of the foods I eat than because my pants split down the back when I sit down!!!!!!
Closed Thread