Old 10-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #293 Bale of Turtles Working It!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-17-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
there is still plenty of time to lose a few pounds between now and Halloween.
That will be our first official challenge of the autumn. Let's keep on using our skills to drop some pounds.

Any good new ideas for food?
Judy
234.6/201/199 and thinner
Old 10-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend... I managed to overeat again and had a large gain at WW on Saturday, so dissapointed in myself!

I don't have any great ideas for food Judy but if I think of anything I will let you know!

Bandit hope you are doing well!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had a wedding over the weekend. I did really well, but just not well enough to lose any weight. Need to exercise!

Bandit and Princess and Cherry and all................good to hear from you any time. Chime in.

Judy
234.6/202/199 and thinner
Old 10-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I did lose a pound this week, so I am happy.

Judy
Old 10-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Monday all!

Busy weekend but I got my exercise in, did not make it to WW on Saturday though since I had to work at my second job so just did not have enough time, the following weeks weigh in was not good so I am kind of leary about going anyway

Great Job Judy on your loss!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, glad you got your in! Weigh to go. You are busy.

Let's keep on doing this bit by bit. We can do this.
Judy
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #8  

Its good to see the posts from everyone. Judy good job on the weightloss. Princess keep on keeping on. Bandit good to hear from you. I can't seem to get myself heading in the right direction. I guess I get frustrated with myself because I have been here and done this before. Sometimes I have trouble finding that kickstart that gets me going in the right direction. I try to just keep moving forward.
The
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #9  
Chick

good to hear from Cherry, Bandit, and Princess.
All I can say are the things we've heard before.
Keep on Keepin' on.
Baby steps
one day at a time, one pound at a time.

I continually disappoint myself, but if I don't keep on trying where would I be?
I may rejoin the weekly sessions at WW's. The leader there is terrific.
If I learn anything , I'll let you Turtles know.
good luck to all of us!
Judy
Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #10  

Hello Turtles. I'd like to join up again; I was a member a few years ago, got all the way to goal and then ten pounds below to 130, my personal goal (right in the exact middle of the weight range rec's for my height and age.) Then I got sick -- stomach pain so severe that a fast paced walk hurt -- and I got married -- I was at about 150 for a while but managed to put on 10 pounds in the last two months, between a career-changing opportunity that was great, but left me in another country, living out of a hotel with few food choices, no microwave and no fridge. I could have made better choices and handled it better but I cannot change the past, only the future.

So I am here, to make a commitment and I'd like to join you ladies again to give and get moral support. I AM NOT GOING ALL THE WAY BACK. Not now, not ever. So this has to stop now.

With that in mind, I am taking it one day at a time and then one week at a time. My goals right now are tracking and gym 5x a week. My first gym "Date" is tonight. I will also post my tracker here today because tracking is my biggest weakness. So please, if I don't post it here, please poke me if it occurs to you.

I hope you all are having a good day.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #11  

Quick update -- made it through an hour at the gym, at slower than my normal pace, but still, made it to the end -- while jetlagged (it usually takes me 3 days to recover from 7 to 8 hour time difference and I'm only on day 2). Having an interesting tv show to watch on my ipod helps tremendously, time goes much faster when I am watching Dexter or The Closer. I must try and keep those shows queued up on my ipod for gym visits, going to be visiting a lot more.

Only have six points left for today but I am tracking so I'll take it as a win.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #12  

Ariana- Good to "see" you again. I am kinda in the same boat. Lost all the weight and due to meds for stomach issues have gained some back. I refuse to go back where I was to. Great job on making it through your gym date.

Hello to bandit, princess, and judy.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #13  
Chick

Ariana, So glad to see you here again. Giving and getting support is the "weigh" to go. So smart to stop the gain now and work on getting it off.
Cherry, see above! Lol. So glad to see both of you here. We can all use that extra boost.
For me, it's been a very trying year. I haven't gained much, but let's face it..................I'm far from goal and the idea is to lose much!!!!

I did a great thing last week. I realized a dear friend of mine is babysitting early in the morning in my neighborhood. Since my dh hasn't been able to make time to walk and since I lacked motivation to walk by myself, an
came to me. Now my friend and I are walking for about 25-30min. each morning after she gets the little guy she's watching on the school bus.
Success! Of course, walking makes me feel as though I need to watch what I am eating more closely. I call this a win-win.

Best of luck to all of us. We can do it. We just need to believe it!
Judy
Old 11-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #14  

CherryAutum and Judy thank you for the warm welcome; it's sweet of you to remember me, I remember you guys too.

Cherry, it's good to know I have company, even if it's a club neither one of us wishes to belong to...! But we will win this battle. I have discovered one of the culprits of my stomach pain and although the resolution is "move to England permanently" there may be other places that work too and for the time being, I am limiting my diet to vegetarian + chicken and turkey and that seems to help. I didn't use to have this grumpy of a stomach, but....

Thanks for the kind words on making the gym.

Judy, kudos on the walking! Exercising can definitely bring your mind around to watching what you eat and it helps reduce stress levels, etc. -- you know all the details, the hard part is getting going, I understand!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #15  

Update on me --
Monday Journal -- Starbucks short soy latte (2), Sbucks Oatmeal + Sugar and Fruit (7), Frozen Lunch (7), 12 now/laters (4), 2 tsp oil(2), 1c soy milk(2), amy's mac (11). Total -- 37.
Tuesday Journal -- Coffee with Creamer (1), WW Bfast Sandwich (6), Fritos (9), Small French Fry (6), 6" Turkey + Mayo + Olives (10) + Baked Chips (4) and Soy Milk (2) and Dessert (2). Total -- 40.

Neither of these are great days but I tracked, and that's all I'm shooting for right now. I will target gradually reducing how far I am over flex points until I can get down to my real daily target (26) + FP.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday but Rosie (my wife) and I picked up some e-juice for our e-cigarettes (zero nicotine for most days, with nicotine for crisis situations), which will help me fight the urge to munch and I picked up some wonderful (and expensive) tea at teavana. My game plan is to switch gradually to just tea (I can drink my favorite teavana teas without sugar, so yay, zero points caffeeine!) and use the e-cigs to combat the initial urge to munch.

The gym and I have another date tonight. I am EXHAUSTED already (jetlagged still) but I am going to do at least 15 minutes at the gym. If I can do no more, at least I tried. If I can do more, awesome -- sometimes the hardest part is walking in the door and after 15 minutes it all seems much more do-able.

Hope you ladies are having a great day.

Last edited by Ariana2000; 11-05-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Being honest with myself and not making excuses. :)