Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 1/30 - Tgif!!!!

-1°F here in Northwest Indiana, feels like -17°F! Brrrrrr. The good news is that the other girls are out of the office today, so my door won't be opening and closing as much and it should stay toatsy warm in here. I really hate taking Jacob to daycare at 6:45 am in this cold of weather. I guess that's what hats, coats & gloves are for!!!

I took a peek at the scale today. Still maintaining at 294.5. **Sigh** I need to get it togther and start losing.

It's a 3 day weekend for me. Saturday I am taking Jacob to his very first Dentist appointment, then we are getting cable internet installed on our new computer!! Sunday Suvivor starts!! Oh and that Superbowl thing. DH is on Vacation all next week, so I took Monday off. We are going to go to the bookstore, have lunch and go to a movie. All with little Jacob at daycare! Can't wait!!!

Hope eveyone has a great weekend!!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  

sandi sounds like you have a great weekend planned. and please don't let those scales worry you. i think sometimes it is just this time of year, because by it being so cold nobody feels like doing anything, much less exercise, but just look how far you have already come. enjoy your weekend and try to stay warm.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #3  

Sounds like a great weekend planned sandi. We are supposed to go ice skating this weekend, well the kids and DH but i am too chicken plus i dont have skates. I wished i was braver but i broke my arm roller skating when i was 12 and now i am very nervous on skates. Just cant seem to get the hang of it again.

chequitagirl i agree with you about the cold it does make it so much harder to get out and exercise. By the time you get everyone all bundled up and ready to go you already feel like you had a workout! LOL.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:43 PM   #4  

Ok, Sandi, since you brought up Superbowl ... I'll ask the question. How does everybody plan to get through the game w/out eating off plan?

My dh and I are not huge football fans, but we always watch the Superbowl and this year, our "home team" is playing (Go PATS!) BUT ... ever since my oldest (7yo) was in pre-school and learned about the Superbowl and Superbowl Parties we've made it a 'tradition' to have a "supper picnic" on a blanket spread in front of the TV and we don't always eat the most nutritious meal that night .. we'll have veggies and dip and I haven't planned the rest yet. The kids are asking for hotdogs and chicken fingers ... and my 4.5yo daughter, who isn't quite with the program has requested gumballs and face paint -- Sponge Bob Face paint, to be exact -- lol!!!

Thanks for any tips and info you want to share.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #5  

Default coming out of lurkdom.....

Good afternoon all! It is a chilly 0 degrees about now, and who knows with the wind chill! I usually read the daily posts and think, I will post next time. But, decided now is better time than any! We also have a Super Bowl party each year. If our favorite team is playing (Broncos) then it is mainly for the game, otherwise, it is a time to play cards with friends and watch the new commercials! And of course, have to catch Survivor All Stars after the game! I am planning on having my usual fare, with some twists I made up some mini meatballs with sauce (bbq and grape jelly), some little smokies in the same sauce, and I will have assorted goodies out that I want the OTHERS to eat so that they are out of my house! We still have leftover girl scout candy from my daughter, and it sits in the cupboard....let them have it! Leftover Christmas candy in small bowls for them to fill up with!
I am also going to have a veggie tray with two different dips...dill for them and low fat for me. I am also going to have a fruit tray with two different dips...caramel for them, and a yogurt based one for me. I figure if they want mine, great! But this way I do not have to worry about them "complaining" that I am changing my usual fare. I will probably take a meatball, a couple smokies, and then fill with veggies and fruit. I will take a few chips only because I am making Touchdown Taco Dip and it is my alltime favorite. But I am only allowing myself ONE helping! That is it I just hope I can stick to that one!
Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I think I may have maintained this week, but will find out tomorrow i guess. I am also going to take measurements since it is the start of a new month. I just measured 2 weeks ago, but will start measuring monthly now.
Tonight will be busy with dd in gymnastics until 7 (and a booster club meeting from 6-7) but as soon as I get home it will be time for me to exercise! Gotta watch my 2 days worth of Days and work out my legs
Hope everyone's day is going well....TGIF!

Jodi
Old 01-30-2004, 06:18 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hey Jodi...glad that you jumped in and posted!!!!
Sandi...sounds like a fun weekend. Have a great time!!

Hmmmmmm, for superbowl Sunday....I plan to make a veggie dip, and actually eat veggies with it instead of chips. UGH. I am also gonna make pita pizzas, while evryone else orders out. oh yes, my crystal light, and my diet pepsi. It is gonna be hard when everyone is eating other stuff...you know, the stuff I want to eat, but KNOW enough to stay away from. So, good luck everyone.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Hey, it's cold everywhere!

We got school off AGAIN today. This is *awesome* It's just what the "doctor ordered" for me. I'm so happy.

SuperBowl? What's that.... I'm fired up about Survivor!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 10:18 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

The Super Bowl means absolutely nothing to me...however, when Stanley Cup time rolls around LOOK OUT! As for the weather - cold doesn't begin to describe it and on either side of my driveway is a snow pile twice my height (I kid you not). Don't get me wrong, I love my country and am a very proud first generation Canadian, but it's a bit heart wrenching to know that if my Dad's coin had flipped to heads instead of tails I would be basking under the summer sun in Australia right now (and talking with a neat accent ).
Old 01-31-2004, 12:13 AM   #9  
missaprylj

Heads Australia
Tails Canada...

Hmm... I'd have to say that's interesting!

Old 01-31-2004, 01:21 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone,

You know, if someone would have told me a year ago, even a month ago, that I would be pouring my frustrations out on a website, I would have told them they needed a psych consult. I am quiet, shy and private (okay, maybe not quiet, perhaps not too shy but definitely Private with a capital P). As it turns out, I think you folks were my consult yesterday - thanks for the support. I really appreciated the car seat info and guess what - I am getting a new one covered by insurance. I would never have thought of that, so thanks for the tip!!

Sandi - it is so hard getting the kids out the door so early. Wow - 6:45 am. I hate the mits, hats, ski suits, etc. I hate it even more when the kids lie flat on the floor, stiff as a board screeching because they are tired and want to be home just as much as I do. Usually everyone is happy and things go well but when they don't, they really don't! Thank God for Saturdays and Sundays. Heh, a full day date - good for you! Gotta make time to connect.

Jillegal, glad the coin flipped for Canada, from a second generation person. Still living in a deep freeze but knowing that spring is coming. You can still talk with a funny accent if you like, we are accepting folks!! Our coin toss would have left us in North Dakota so weather would have been crappy either way!

News bulletin, I am going out for dinner to a place other than McDonalds. Gala evening for DH work, staying at a posh hotel. No kidlets. Don't know how I will cope, but I am sure I will find a way. Best part of all, company pays - whoo hoo!!! (Happens every twenty years, must get excited about such fine perks).

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Must go unthaw. -38 without windchill and -45 with, both sound gross don't they!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:28 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone,

You know, if someone would have told me a year ago, even a month ago, that I would be pouring my frustrations out on a website, I would have told them they needed a psych consult. I am quiet, shy and private (okay, maybe not quiet, perhaps not too shy but definitely Private with a capital P). As it turns out, I think you folks were my consult yesterday - thanks for the support.

Julie, thanks! I really appreciated the car seat info and guess what - I am getting a new one covered by insurance. I would never have thought of that, so thanks for the tip!! Good luck with the skating, even if you don't join in it will be fun watching your kids and DH.

Sandi - it is so hard getting the kids out the door so early. Wow - 6:45 am. I hate the mits, hats, ski suits, etc. I hate it even more when the kids lie flat on the floor, stiff as a board screeching because they are tired and want to be home just as much as I do. Usually everyone is happy and things go well but when they don't, they really don't! Thank God for Saturdays and Sundays. Heh, a full day date - good for you!

Jillegal, glad the coin flipped for Canada. Still living in a deep freeze but knowing that spring is coming. You can still talk with a funny accent if you like, we are accepting folks!! Our coin toss would have left us in North Dakota so weather would have been crappy either way!

Jodi, good luck with your party. You will do well, you have it all planned out! Have fun...

News bulletin, I am going out for dinner to a place other than McDonalds. Gala evening for DH work, staying at a posh hotel. No kidlets. Don't know how I will cope, but I am sure I will find a way. Best part of all, company pays - whoo hoo!!! (Happens every twenty years, must get excited about such fine perks).

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Must go unthaw. -38 without windchill and -45 with, both sound gross don't they!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 AM   #12  

Your welcome I just remember it from my accident that i could not use the car seats again even if they looked fine but i had to send them with the car when the insurance company came to take it. I hope that the weekend goes better for you. Mine is going good so far.
Closed Thread