Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Default Any makeup lovers?

Hi everyone~

Just wondering if there are fellow makeup lovers out there! List what you've been loving recently

Top three drugstore loves:
- Nyx butter glosses (I have Tiramisu)
- Revlon lip butters
- L'Oréal Magic Lumi primer (I use it as a highligher)

Top three high-end:
- MUFE HD invisible cover concealer (I'm super hard to match and this concealer does amazing things to my under eye area. A little disappointed at the packaging and the price though...)
- Stila Convertible Colors (My favourite cream blush is from that line. It's called Rose)
- Inglot eyeshadows
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Me! Well kinda lol I am not awesome at makeup, so I normally go for a simple look, emphasizing my lips w/a pink or reddish tint gloss, eyes w/a gold color & eyeliner (I really need to learn to do eyeliner already *sighs*) not really into mascara because of my sensitive eyes.

My favorite brands are -
Bareminerals (foundation & eye shadow)
Buxom (lip gloss)
Eyeliner (either Bareminerals or Stila lately)
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Makeup lover here!!
I'm not into "high end" products. I am a firm believer that if you know how to apply & choose the right color combinations, it doesn't have to be expensive.
I swear by Studio Mineral Makeup (foundation, blushes, glows & veils). This has been my HG for 9+ years. I am also a fan of Coastal Scents eye shadow palettes, Wet n Wild eye shadow palettes, NYC Smooth Skin loose powder, L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara & Physician's Formula gel eyeliners....among A LOT of other products

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-18-2014 at 06:18 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #4  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Present! I love makeup. I realized yesterday that my eyeshadows may need their own makeup case. I am also on the lookout for a new concealer.

My staples:
Clinique Perfectly Real Powder
Milani Lipsticks (I have many colors)
Jordana Lipliners (Pairs well with any lipcolor)

Loving Now:
Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara (will rebuy)
Too Faced Melted- Berry Red
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #5  

Candidcamster I have the Stila liquid liner too, it's the bomb! I'm glad I went for it, I've had it for more than 6 months and it's still going strong. I can't believe it hasn't dried up already!

JerseyGyrl
totally agree with you! In Canada we're not blessed with the amazing drugstore makeup that's available in the US (especially if you don't live in big cities) so I always stock up when I go. I bought a Wet n' Wild palette when I was down there and it is some kind of amazing for the price. I honestly feel most high end products make you pay for the packaging more than anything.

Mizzthingaling What kind of concealer are you looking for? I heard the Maybelline Fit me is good but colours are pretty limited. I've had amazing results with my MUFE one so maybe if you're hard to match, give them a try. Bobbi Brown doesn't work for me either but for some people it's their HG brand for base products.

By the way everyone, I'm looking for an affordable mascara that volumises and layers well. I was loyal to the L'Oréal Voluminous line but it doesn't hold up well on my lower lashes. Any recommendations?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Foundation, I use Revlon Color Stay in the spring/summer and Illuminaire mineral foundation in the fall/winter

For eyes: I am using Avon's true color eyeshadow quad (browns), brown and/or gray glimmerstick eye liner, and Big & Daring mascara.

For lips: I find it hard to find something i like as everything seems to either dry out or get gummy on me. At the moment, though i'm using Avon's extra lasting lip stain and balm because i love the subtle color when it goes on.

one thing that i do spend money on that I think is worth the price is the make up forever HD Powder.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muguet View Post
By the way everyone, I'm looking for an affordable mascara that volumises and layers well. I was loyal to the L'Oréal Voluminous line but it doesn't hold up well on my lower lashes. Any recommendations?
I use L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black waterproof on my lashes.....but....not on my lower lashes. For my lower lashes, I use Maybelline Lash Discovery (waterproof). It has a teeny, tiny brush that is perfect for lower lashes.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
For my lower lashes, I use Maybelline Lash Discovery (waterproof). It has a teeny, tiny brush that is perfect for lower lashes.
Will definitely look out for that!! Thank you
Old 10-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I am also on the lookout for a new concealer.
I have a ton of concealer. The one's I like best are: For under eye, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in the "brightener" shade (pink). I top this with NYX HD concealer.
For blemishes, redness, scars etc., I really like Hard Candy Glamoflauge. This covers pretty much anything. Hard Candy is only available at Walmart.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #10  
Golden

Muguet I am looking for a potted concealer but I am going to try to the MUFE and the ones Jersey suggested. I have discoloration around my nose and eyes so I need something thicker. The Clinique usually gets my under eye.

ETA: Just realized the Maybelline and Hard Candy doesn't even come in dark colors.

Last edited by Mizzthingaling; 10-19-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Muguet I am looking for a potted concealer but I am going to try to the MUFE and the ones Jersey suggested. I have discoloration around my nose and eyes so I need something thicker. The Clinique usually gets my under eye.

ETA: Just realized the Maybelline and Hard Candy doesn't even come in dark colors.
Mizzthingaling, If you have discoloration around your eyes, you need a corrector & a concealer. The shade of corrector you need would depend on the color of your discoloration. If the discoloration is bluish, you would need an orange/salmon/peach or a pink corrector. If the discoloration is purple, you would need a yellow corrector. The corrector is applied to the discoloration by "tapping" it into the skin (don't rub or swipe). I apply a primer before I apply the corrector to help prevent creasing. The $1 ELF eye shadow primer works well for this (yes, applied under your eyes!). Next I top the corrector with concealer. I use a concealer that is a shade or 2 lighter than my skin. I apply the concealer in an upside down triangle (triangle of light). I tap this into my skin with my finger.
If you need a dark shade concealer, I suggest NYX HD. They make a shade called "Tan (CW07) & Nutmeg (CW08). NYX HD is a liquid concealer with a doe foot applicator. If you want a potted concealer, NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer is great. This comes in the same 2 dark colors as the liquid concealer. NYX also makes nice correctors, both liquid & potted. I also like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser correcting shades. The "brightener" shade which is pink & the "neutralizer" shade which is yellow.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #12  

Mizzthingaling I'm not as dark as you are I think (I'm about an NC45) but I understand the frustration. JerseyGyrl gave you amazing advice. Check out youtube, there are tons of darker girls with discolouration who give application and product advice.
This girl is intense but knows her stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqi6bovHkU
Old 10-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Concealer - Givenchy. It's expensive but it's the only one I've tried that doesn't sit in my lines around the eyes so worth it.

Mascara - Clinique glossy black. It's a good every day mascara, I'm still trying to find a good volumizing night time dramatic mascara.

Eyeliner - Rimmel Kohl - I've got one in every color from Target!

Lipstick - I use neutrogena and burt's bees in the daytime. I've got fancy ones for nighttime of all brands.

Eyeshadow - this is the only product that I can only buy high-end. Drug store brands cannot compare to Dior, they glide on so smoothly.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #14  

Makeup is huge in my life, on a forum called MakeupAlley, love it but i don't spend on HE just because of other priorities, i do shop Indies like Fyrinnae for gorgeous loose eyeshadow and mainly DS, new HG foundation oddly enough is CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous and i love Almay Get up and Grow mascara, the best wand i've ever come across

Started using Careprost (generic latisse) in mid July as my lashes due to age, dieting, are non existent and now they're long and getting lush, the lashes of my dreams! So mascara shopping is different now then when i had puny lashes.
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #15  
Golden

So many goo suggestions.

@Jersey- I don't have undereye darkness but I think you're right about the NYX. The tan looks like a good dupe for the Mac Studio finish I use to wear. I stopped wearing Mac because my skin was looking ruddy. When I switched it cleared.

@ Mug- I think we're the almost same color, I'm an NW40-45 depending on my tan in the summer though. My profile pic is just darkened.

I'll be by Sephora Tuesday so I'm going to try MUFE too just to compare. Anyone using BB/CC/DD/etc creams?