Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/17/14

S/C/G: 257/Ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! I start tomorrow but was interested in what anyone is doing for gum? I love chewing gum but I've been using Doublemint and I know that won't be allowed.

Lese
Old 10-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Clothing That Fits

I had forgotten how nice it is to be able to pull something out of the closet and know it will fit properly.

One of the unforeseen side affects of my renovation was that I couldn't get to my closet or my smaller clothes in the attic for four months. All I've had to wear were the clothes I took out of my bedroom before demo started. I moved back into my room a few weeks ago and was finally able to take all the too big items out of my closet and replace them with old ones I've hung on to for years. Now I can get dressed in the morning without the guessing game of what will fit that day.

The fact that I'm wearing clothes that haven't fit since 2007 makes it even better.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all!!

I have my weigh in tomorrow. Expecting a slow loss week (but I usually always expect slow loss weeks).

I have to talk to my coach tomorrow about doing a ONE DAY ONLY thing for thanksgiving, since I should be right at goal or a little past it by then and she which approach she thinks is best for me. I know I need to get the two full weeks of P3 in so I'm just ready to talk to my coach and figure it all out.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #5  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

Wahoofan - Amazingly different start to the day knowing that your clothes will fit AND look good. Awesome.

WI today - down 2.6 for a total of 84.6. Psyched. Will be traveling next week and will miss weigh-in, so really, really hoping to be in Onederland when I do get weighed in 2-weeks.

I remember joining the forum 6 months ago and seeing everyone talk about Onderland. It seemed so far off to me, like a real wonderland. It feels great to be on that precipice!

Good days to all!
Rach
Old 10-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #6  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Good morning everyone! I have a dumb question: what are slow carbs? I've seen this come up in a lot of posts I've been studying (Life after P1, etc.), and a woman at work also mentioned it. I haven't been to my coach since July, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm planning on going on P2 next week, but I'm trying to de-mystify P3 & P4 a bit in preparation for maintenance. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Good morning everyone! I have a dumb question: what are slow carbs? I've seen this come up in a lot of posts I've been studying (Life after P1, etc.), and a woman at work also mentioned it. I haven't been to my coach since July, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm planning on going on P2 next week, but I'm trying to de-mystify P3 & P4 a bit in preparation for maintenance. Thanks!
This article from LIVESTRONG might help:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...burning-carbs/

Slow carbs are basically carbs that have a low glycemic index - they don't spike your blood sugar.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning!

wahoofan - doesn't it feel good to fit into things that you haven't been able to wear in years?

kissi - I will be interested to see what your coach has to say!!

Rayze - you are sooo close to Onederland!!!

I went shopping last night and was pleasantly surprised to fit into size 6 pants easily! I still can't believe it! I ended up just getting a new fitted skirt and top and no pants but I do desperately need some new work pants for the winter...just need to find the right ones!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone.

Checking in from LA! Flights got a bit messed up yesterday and we wound up on a late flight with no dinner service. Fortunately DH caught that we were not getting dinner so on our long flight to LA so we stopped at an airport diner and I got a burger no bun..... Extra lettuce and tomato and pickle & a side salad. Worked perfect! I did have a bar on the plane since I did not have enough protien. Crisis averted! Got to love DH for catching that. Even though I did have plenty of IP packets in my carry on to make a "dinner", we did not get to our hotel till midnight!

Anyway, boys are off to golf today. Me and sister in law are heading out for mani / pedi and then lunch somewhere....I have packets on hand just in case. Skipped the hotel breakfast this am and had my RTD vanilla. Going to have a snack later. DH & DS had waffles and I watched them eat and it was so disgusting lol. Guess my taste buds have changed....
Old 10-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #10  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Morning everyone!
It seems I am having better luck finding Christmas decorations at the stores around here then I am finding a descent winter coat to wear to work. I don't want to break the bank but, I also want one that is dressy and will look good with heels and slacks. I'm currently rocking out one I bought that is a little sportier than I would like for work but at least it fits.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #11  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This article from LIVESTRONG might help:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...burning-carbs/

Slow carbs are basically carbs that have a low glycemic index - they don't spike your blood sugar.
Thanks - that was a HUGE help!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #12  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

sgrealtor Great start to your trip, delays aside. You are so in charge! Have great time.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Tonight I've got my first game of indoor soccer for the season. We play for about 55 minutes and have time on the bench, do I need anything extra food wise?

Everyone keep up the great work, I love reading about everyone's successes
Old 10-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Hi all,

Tonight I've got my first game of indoor soccer for the season. We play for about 55 minutes and have time on the bench, do I need anything extra food wise?

Everyone keep up the great work, I love reading about everyone's successes
ANY time you exercise, even a little, you need to replace those calories. Have an extra packet either before or after the game, and keep an eye on yourself...if an hour after the game you're super fatigued, dizzy, nauseous...chances are you need even more food (a hard boiled egg or another packet).

We are taking in so few calories on IP Phase 1, even burning 100 calories can have negative effects. And I'm pretty sure soccer burns more than that!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #15  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lese1030 View Post
Good morning! I start tomorrow but was interested in what anyone is doing for gum? I love chewing gum but I've been using Doublemint and I know that won't be allowed.

Lese
Depending on your finances ... VitaminShoppe do a Spry gum (xylitol sweetened only) in about 6 different flavours. Expensive, but no aspartame, no saccharin. We use the Spry peppermints and berry mints for our walking and they are very tasty indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I had forgotten how nice it is to be able to pull something out of the closet and know it will fit properly.

The fact that I'm wearing clothes that haven't fit since 2007 makes it even better.
What a wonderful feeling - like having a whole new wardrobe without the cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post

I have my weigh in tomorrow. Expecting a slow loss week (but I usually always expect slow loss weeks).

I have to talk to my coach tomorrow about doing a ONE DAY ONLY thing for thanksgiving, since I should be right at goal or a little past it by then and she which approach she thinks is best for me. I know I need to get the two full weeks of P3 in so I'm just ready to talk to my coach and figure it all out.
I love how organised you are, planning for the next stages already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post

WI today - down 2.6 for a total of 84.6. Psyched. Will be traveling next week and will miss weigh-in, so really, really hoping to be in Onederland when I do get weighed in 2-weeks.

I remember joining the forum 6 months ago and seeing everyone talk about Onderland. It seemed so far off to me, like a real wonderland. It feels great to be on that precipice!

Rach
So close, so close. I'm sure you will be in Onederland in 2 weeks. You've got this. Such an exciting stage to see that first digit go from a 2 to a 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
I went shopping last night and was pleasantly surprised to fit into size 6 pants easily! I still can't believe it! I ended up just getting a new fitted skirt and top and no pants but I do desperately need some new work pants for the winter...just need to find the right ones!
Now that's a great NSV. Congrats! Have you thought about asking round the family or friends? One of the things I noticed with my friends is that those with teenagers and youngsters going off to college often encourage their kids to downsize what they take with them and donate extras to charities. As kids are so darned fashionable you could come out with some super trendy clothes for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Checking in from LA! Flights got a bit messed up yesterday and we wound up on a late flight with no dinner service. Fortunately DH caught that we were not getting dinner so on our long flight to LA so we stopped at an airport diner and I got a burger no bun..... Extra lettuce and tomato and pickle & a side salad. Worked perfect! I did have a bar on the plane since I did not have enough protien. Crisis averted! Got to love DH for catching that. Even though I did have plenty of IP packets in my carry on to make a "dinner", we did not get to our hotel till midnight!
Yay for supportive hubbies. Sounds like you have a good'un there.

Last edited by Briael; 10-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread