Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #1  

Default Looking for a Weight loss Buddy

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. Saw online somewhere about having someone anonymous over the internet to share weight loss goals and updates with was a big help for some people so here i am. Did a little googling around and was looking for a pretty active advice / support forum and i happened upon this one.

I wasn't sure if posting this on one of the female treads was appropriate so I'll give it a shot here.

I'm a pretty conservative guy brought up in the same type of environment where you keep this kind of stuff to yourself and i couldn't even imagine talking to someone i knew in R/L about this kind of stuff, as a matter of fact, I'd be pretty mortified if anyone I knew saw this so i have come to the internet =)

I was looking for a weight loss buddy, preferably a female on a long term weight loss goal similar to myself. Why female? I don't know i just feel weird talking to a guy about that kind of stuff. Wouldn't need any personal information, just someone to PM or email (daily/weekly what ever really) goals, talk about meal plans and mainly just to have someone that is interested that i would feel bad if i fell off the wagon and i could offer the same to that person as well.

If this request is inappropriate please delete as that was never my intent.

Pulled this off the one of the intro pages to introduce myself:

First name: Lou

Geographical location: The South, US

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Dog - Max

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a big movie buff, TV shows, Computers, Gaming, Target / Clay Shooting, Football

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Looking to start this week!

Starting Weight: 362

Present Weight: 362

Goal Weight: 210

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation

Following any specific plan: In the past I've just done a diet where I would do shakes in the morning with some fruit, shake for lunch and bake chicken and a vegetable for dinner. I found that really worked for me last time i got into a weight loss kick but just got demotivated and stopped. I'm not one that needs something new to eat everyday. I can eat the same thing everyday and it doesn't bother me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never realized it until recently when my sister's were putting together a family album with pictures of my nieces and nephews. I noticed i was in almost none of the pictures... i was knowingly avoiding all pictures most of the time volunteering to take the pictures probably because of the weight gain.

Also I've gotten really big into target / trap shooting and would like to do competitions. This involves a lot of running and i can't run more then half a block with out being completely winded...Which is pretty terrible lol.

I'm just ready.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I shared most everything. Like i said previously, I'm a pretty conservative guy so this isn't something i could do with a person face to face so looking for someone anonymous online. I've noticed some people do open threads where they post updates but I'm not sure I'm ready for that quite yet.

Reply to this thread, PM or message me some how if you want a weight loss buddy!

Thanks for reading,

Lou
Old 10-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #2  
Just Me...Lee.

Height: 6'4"

Welp, I've been eliminated at female, lol.
Just_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: s305/c267/g220

Height: 6'2

I'm looking for a weight loss buddy too.
I'll try to msg you
ck9000 is offline   Reply With Quote