Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default IP Community weekend Chat Oct 11-12, 2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Woo hoo! Yipee! Yehaw! Bazinga! I made my first goal!!! A 3 lb loss this week put me at 149.9 this morning.

After I jumped up and down doing fist pumps, I cried. I can see now that I still need to do some emotional work. I realize that my self worth should not be tied to a number on the scale but for so long my first thought every day was "What will the scale say today?" It's going to take a while to get to the point where I get on the scale and I'm satisfied with the number and even longer to get to the point where I am not getting on the scale every day.

But Wow! I'm happy!

Lisa: I hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-11-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Woo hoo! Yipee! Yehaw! Bazinga! I made my first goal!!! A 3 lb loss this week put me at 149.9 this morning.

After I jumped up and down doing fist pumps, I cried. I can see now that I still need to do some emotional work. I realize that my self worth should not be tied to a number on the scale but for so long my first thought every day was "What will the scale say today?" It's going to take a while to get to the point where I get on the scale and I'm satisfied with the number and even longer to get to the point where I am not getting on the scale every day.

But Wow! I'm happy!

Lisa: I hope you are feeling better.

WTG!! It is okay to cry when you hit a goal you have been working so hard for!

I did the couch to 5k program years ago (it is a beginners training program to get you ready to run a 5k race...it starts off really slow). It starts off on walk/run cycles until by the end of the program you are beginning to run for stretches at a time (20 minutes, 25 minutes, and then 30 minutes). The first day that I ran for a full 20 minutes at a time I was so proud of my progress that the last minute of it I started whooping, and laughing, crying and fist pumping. LMAO. I must have looked like a maniac.

At least you were at home
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

CONGRATS CATLADY!!!!!!- Well done! It has been proven that those who reach their goal weight are more likely to maintain their loss. And in maintenance daily weighing is highly recommended to catch any slips before they become free falls. So to me, it seems that you are doing everything exactly as it should be done. Love the thought if your victory dance, such a beautiful moment.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #5  

Nat1015: Thanks so much! I know exactly how you felt doing that victory dance. And you're right, I'm glad I was alone. I'm a terrible dancer!

RefreshingMe: Thanks! You're right of course. I'll have to monitor my weight daily in maintenance. I've been a daily weigher for a very long time so that won't change. I guess what I was trying to convey was that the daily weight check will be an affirmation instead of a condemnation. Those negative tapes in my head that berated me for so many years for being fat will be replaced with positive thoughts. Brain training!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go catlady!!! You earned a little victory cry - we work HARD on this diet - not necessarily in the same way that someone going to the gym for hours does...but I think in many ways this diet tackles root cause of our weight issues better than most diets - we HAVE to work at the emotional baggage that we carry related to our weight issues while on P1....especially when we have a long journey to a healthy weight. You enjoy every moment of your successes
Old 10-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #7  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Quote:

But Wow! I'm happy!
That's wonderful news! Congrats Andrea! When crying comes from a happy place, I'm all for it! How are you celebrating?
Old 10-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Congrats! Must feel so wonderful to have stuck to plan and met your first goal! Not long now and you'll be celebrating your next goal too!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am down with a bad head cold, but kind of glad it happened over the weekend so I can take the time I need to rest and recover, hopefully by Monday!
Old 10-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

WTG catllady!! I would be bawling if I hit 150. What a milestone. You must be so happy!!

Ate out last night at a Mongolian grill restaurant. You fill your bowl with raw veggies and frozen protein, add sauces based on the flavor you want and hand to someone to grill. Finally a restaurant With a ton of veggies to choose from. Next time I will bring my own little container of oil and tamari sauce. Was only able to add garlic, lemongrass and some chili paste as I wasn't sure about how IP most of the sauces were. But a great place to dine out with the fam and not be the "plain steak with salt and pepper" girl.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Last edited by CenTXChk; 10-11-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

That's wonderful news! Congrats Andrea! When crying comes from a happy place, I'm all for it! How are you celebrating?
I went shopping! I'm looking for a pair of boots that I can tuck my jeans into. A look I could never pull off at 200lbs. And also a new winter coat. I can't believe it's almost mid-October and the stores still don't have that many coats. Struck out on both counts but the day is not over yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Congrats! Must feel so wonderful to have stuck to plan and met your first goal! Not long now and you'll be celebrating your next goal too!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am down with a bad head cold, but kind of glad it happened over the weekend so I can take the time I need to rest and recover, hopefully by Monday!
Thank you so much! I have been 100% OP the whole time. It works! Hope you fell better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
WTG catllady!! I would be bawling if I hit 150. What a milestone. You must be so happy!!

Ate out last night at a Mongolian grill restaurant. You fill your bowl with raw veggies and frozen protein, add sauces based on the flavor you want and hand to someone to grill. Finally a restaurant With a ton of veggies to choose from. Next time I will bring my own little container of oil and tamari sauce. Was only able to add garlic, lemongrass and some chili paste as I wasn't sure about how IP most of the sauces were. But a great place to dine out with the fam and not be the "plain steak with salt and pepper" girl.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Thanks! I am over the moon. Aha. You went to Mongolian BBQ Grill. There is one of those right around the corner from me. I'll have to give it try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Way to go catlady!!! You earned a little victory cry - we work HARD on this diet - not necessarily in the same way that someone going to the gym for hours does...but I think in many ways this diet tackles root cause of our weight issues better than most diets - we HAVE to work at the emotional baggage that we carry related to our weight issues while on P1....especially when we have a long journey to a healthy weight. You enjoy every moment of your successes
Thanks scorbett. I feel fantastic. I'm going to order my copy of Beck's Diet solution. I checked it out from the library and read most of it but I want my own copy.

Everyone have a fabulous weekend!

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-11-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I just baked some jicama "fries" for my dinner veg - so delish! Just sprinkled with some red pepper flakes and chili powder. This is one I'll definitely carry into maintenance to replace potato fries.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

We took the kids shopping for their Halloween costumes, it's always fun because they usually pick out their costumes within the first 15 minutes, then we spend another half hour just hanging out in the costume aisle trying stuff on and being silly I even found a few things for my costume (yes mommy dresses up too!), I'm doing a version of Unikitty from the Lego movie...the boys thought it was hilarious so that makes it a winner!

Got caught at Target today when shopping ran well into lunchtime - I was VERY thankful that Target has a grocery section now! I grabbed a bag of the broccoli & Cauliflower, then over to the health food section - the Market Pantry brand chocolate protein bars are within IP guidelines, and under $6 for a box of 6! They weren't too bad either, definitely good in a pinch.

I'm getting ready to prep some veggies and food for tomorrow, I'm singing at church so I'll be there from 7:30 till noon for both services and will probably have breakfast and lunch there. It's so much easier to handle a busy day when the food isn't something I have to think about!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #13  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations Catlady!

Not much new here. I'm hanging in there staying on plan. The scale has been moving on down this week. If it holds true for my offical WI on Monday it will be a good number to record on my log. I'm out of the morbid range now - yahoo!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/208/136

I made the "apple pie" with zucchini recipe I found on this site ~ wow! What winner. I loved it. I used Walden Farms Apple butter and a drizzle of the Carmel sauce. I could have eaten the whole pie.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #15  
maintaining since 9/2013

Way to go Catlady!

Last edited by mars735; 10-12-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Closed Thread