Old 10-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Default Getting out of the 180's! New thread!

Hey ladies! This is the new getting out of the 180's thread!

If you are close to the 180's, in the 180's or even under 180 lbs but still identify with our group you are welcome to join!

Let's share our thoughts and experiences and support each other while trying to get out of this evil decade!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-02-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for creating the new thread! I feel it's time for me to start chiming in again... I just came off of a two weeks maintenance break, preceded by a 6 week plateau. I am READY to start losing again and get out of the 180s! I was hoping to hit 179 by Halloween, but I don't think that's possible. Maybe Thanksgiving
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Pasta is so worth it though...HAHA! Oops, I'm not supposed to SUPPORT overeating, this is a weight loss forum. Who cares, as long as it wasn't mindless I would bet that it was so worth it!

Noname I envy you for knowing yourself enough to know that you need a maintenance break. I just binge on junk food for a week and at the end think, 'huh, maybe I should have just taken a maintenance break and upped my calories.' Duh.

I guess I'm on the other side of the rainbow now. I don't feel like a mental mess anymore or feel like raiding my snack cabinet for whatever I can find. I had a really solid day yesterday and decided I did well enough to weigh myself today. I like about a pound and a half, so I'm not disappointed at all, especially with my behavior as of lately. ALSO, I officially hit the big 5-0 in poundage! What what! I'm so proud of myself, I can't even lie. I've never come this far.

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 10-03-2014 at 01:50 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

kurisitaru We got this...we totally got this! I've been following your posts and reading your frustration has just echoed so much with me. It's time for us both to move forward! Good luck with your test. That will be such a relief I'm sure. Less than a week! I agree about the pasta. So worth it LOL

xRiotGirl Nothing to be envious of...but maybe a lesson learned for next time? I'm just so glad JohnB (I think that's his username) shared the info on the maintenance break when I first joined here. It sounds like whatever you did is working since you're in such a good place. Congrats on 50 pounds lost! I am dying to get there!

I was at an event for work today and made the mistake of a) bringing chocolate to put on our table and b) not bringing my lunch in from the car because I thought they might have lunch. So I ate a few too many fun sized chocolates, but I washed it down with my fruit and veggie smoothie when I got back to the car and hopefully I can manage not to snack before a vegan feast with my brother and his girlfriend tonight. Seriously guys, there's nothing healthy about the vegan cashew mac and "cheese" I made...
Old 10-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #5  

You girls are hilarious! I feel like i've made some friends!

The last 3 days i tried to stay on maitenance mode and it worked... i didn't gain or lose. It feels kinda nice to take a few days of and i wonder how will my body respond when i get back on plan.

Today i went to a neurologist and got a prescription drug i've never used. It's for people who have conculsions (i don't) but also used to treat migraines that make you puke and see lighst flashing (i have them, they're awful). Iasked if they could make me gain weight and he said sometimes it's easier to lose weight while taking them. They have this side effect of lowering some people's appetite. Not sure why, but i feel they won't change a thing other than my migraines.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #6  

kurisitaru, try not to let it get to you. It's so much easier said than done, i know, but i always try to remember how it felt when i had not lost any weight at all and i find it motivates me to at least maintain.

I'm having sort of a hard time. I'm stuck but it's completely my responsibility. It's not like i'm eating an appropriate amount of food to lose weight and not losing. I am eating enough to maintain, sometimes even a bit more. I'm exercising, which helps a lot to maintain. I guess i was feeling kinda tired and just needed a break. Losing was getting so much harder than at the beggining and i didn't know how to deal with it. I'll try to go back to losing this week but i'm putting less pressure on myself, at least for now. I'm also changing my goals for october and will be much more modest for the rest of the month. Maybe in november i'll get more impetuos. Maybe not.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #7  

kurisitaru - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Maybe try this: take your focus off of weight loss and put it on some other aspect of health. Like, focus on really killing x amount of workouts this week. For me, I'm focusing on my sodium goals at the moment. It is taking the pressure off of 'pounds lost' and so when I look at the scale again and see that, inevitably, I've lost a bit of weight, it's more of a nice surprise, and it propels me forward. I think if you relieve some of that pressure then you won't feel like you are failing.

The other part to that is: you can't fail at weight loss if it doesn't have an end date. This is why I love the quote in my sig so much: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." Any weight lost is excellent, even if it is slow going, even if it is just 1 pound in a month. That's one pound less weighing on your body than there was last month. Shoot for that big goal, but know that even if you don't make it, in the meantime you are still doing better than you were.

Marina - That sounds like me last week. You probably just need/needed a break! And it also sounds like your body naturally took you to maintenance mode, which is awesome. I'm starting to shake off those weeks a bit easier now, just have to remind yourself that this is a long journey. When you think about how much time you have between now and let's just say a year or 5 or 10 from now, taking one or two weeks of maintenance is so minuscule. Just keep your mentality strong, you'll get right back into it when your body is ready.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #8  
Call me NNS!

I don't think my body will ever go below 186.8 Gonna have to shake things up next week. Grr. So frustrated. I could deal with it for the first month or so, and then I thought the maintenance break would be helpful, but it's still not budging!

In one way, I'm glad I'm not alone with the frustration lately, but I would much prefer us all to be seeing the numbers we want and deserve!

I suppose this is my first real plateau. I have only last two pounds since Aug. 1! I am going to kick this plateau in the *** next week, HARD.

Last edited by nonameslob; 10-10-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #9  

Hugs all around, you guys are working your tail ends off, you are going to get what is coming to you soon. You have to!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #10  

Hey ladies! I'm currently at my parents for my mum's birthday. I've taken a few days of work and i feel soooo relaxed! I'm actually eating healthier than i was at home. How's that for a change? This morning mum, dad and I went walking in the neighborhood, which is lovely, so i'm getting a little exercise even though it's less than i do when i'm at home. Wish me luck.... i'll only weigh again on tuesday.

nonameslob, i feel for you. Weight loss gets slower over time, but don't give up. I'm having a hard time too and i've taken a smaller break also. I'm trying to adjust my expectations to my present stage. I'm losing slowly, but i am losing and that's what matters.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Hey noname, I'm so sorry to hear that you're at a plateau. Just wanted to say that I think you have a great attitude and work so hard, and I know you're going to be able to bust through this!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Hi all - just hit the 180's on the 13th. At 187 I've got at least 2 weeks here I think - maybe a little longer with a planned Halloween pizza night coming up Looks like a supportive group for this thread - have a good weekend!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #13  

LesMillsLuvr, this is indeed a very supportive thread! Welcome to the gang!
Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #14  
Call me NNS!

This thread has been rather quiet lately! I know for me it was because I really had nothing to report. Made some changes last week and finally a drop in the scale. The end of the 180s is not quite in site yet, but at least I'm moving down again.

How is everyone else faring? I think some of you have probably moved on to new threads by now.

Welcome LesMills! Wow, your progress is fast! You think you will be here only two weeks? I've been here for months now lol But please, don't be encouraged to stick around. I need some people to follow into the next decade

Last edited by nonameslob; 10-20-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Training session this morning went better than I could have imagined - weigh in puts me at 180. I step on the scale with my back to the sliding balancer things and all I heard was "whoa" from my trainer so I'm thinking oh crap. Turned out to be a good whoa I've had one other week that was a giant drop so it isn't unheard of, but it's only happened twice now in 8½ months. I may stall or it may bounce up next Monday, but I'll take the 7 for today!

Hope everyone else's Monday is going well
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote