Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 13

Our thread hit 500 posts. Time for a new one!

Here's the trackback to the previous one
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...lume-12-a.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #2  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for opening the new thread Lisa.
I got all my water drank today, but it was after 5 PM when I started. I shall be up a lot tonight I'm afraid, fluid balancing. I really need to set that large glass of water on my work desk in the mornings. At least to get one drank earlier in the day. Most of the time I remember to do that. Today just blew past and here it was 5 PM and not one glass drank, unless I count a cup of decaf coffee (I know I can, I usually don't count it though).
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Same thing happened to me today, Halfagain... I had two glasses for my pre- and breakfast pills and then got busy doing other stuff and now it's 10 pm and I'm drinking 6 glasses and taking the rest of my dinner pills with a snack! I am staying up for a bit anyhow since I worked last night and got home at 4:40 this morning. I should be able to 'drain the tank' most of the way before beddy but will probably wake up once to go.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello to all! Just got back from my Nieces wedding in NY city and let me tell you how wonderful I felt not being FAT lol well its true, from the plane to the dress to the zoo to two broadway shows and all the walking, I fit in my cloths and had the best time with my oldest son. We stayed in my nieces apartment while they went on honeymoon, had a lot to see in 5 days and the whole time i ate very smart only up 1 lb, very happy! Feels good to be in control, now to get busy on losing my last pounds, trying to hit goal by next trip to Las Vegas w hubby in Feb. Stay strong ladies its so worth it! Teena
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #5  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Halfagain & Liana - I've done the same & seem to remember reading somewhere (???) that more than 2 cups of water at a time can be counter-productive, so I usually do without & start again next day. I'd love to know if that little piece of info is really true!

FWIW, now I try to have 2 cups in the morning with supplements (I set the full glass on the kitchen counter as a reminder). Then I take a 3-cup water bottle to work, which I vow to finish before going home (it works most days ). Then I only have 3 to make up in the evening. Plus there is usually a full 1-cup bottle in my car (in case I am tied up on the highway after engaging with an elk or something - )

On non-work days, the above plan goes out the window & I still don't have a solution for that! At least we are trying

I do find that my vision is affected if I don't get enough water, so I am definitely motivated - just forgetful. Maybe the brain is also affected by dehydration
westwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #6  

My pain has returned. It isn't in the small of my back now, however, it is in my right hip.
I have a Dr appt next Monday to request more PT
Not quite sure why this has tightened up so badly but I can't seem to loosen it with the stretches/exercise I know to do.

I went for a walk today and pretty much limped home. Ugh!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:58 AM   #7  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

So sorry about your pain, Lisa - some discomfort just can't be walked through. I hope you get some PT relief - or at least find out how to deal with whatever is happening.
westwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

Westwillow - that's really interesting about spacing out the water. I sort of wondered about that.

Lisa - I sure hope your doctor can help. I'm sending the positive thoughts your way.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:26 AM   #9  

Having 6 cups of water in that short period of time didn't seem to affect me as much as I thought it might. I went pee just before bed, and then didn't even wake up to go pee until 7 am. I had been so thirsty feeling though, when I finally started to drink that night that I chugged down 750 ml immediately in one go with no problem (didn't even take the water bottle away from my lips, just guzzled). The next 750 ml I drank a little slower.
I usually do it the same as westwillow - 2 c in the am with pre & breakfast pills, then 3 more by lunchtime or immediately after.

I do happen to have a bladder of steel though (as all my relatives with TB - 'tiny bladder' tell me, lol).

Liana
Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #10  
6/26/12 start 355

well darn, I lost my whole post I was writing. All is well here.
Rainbow and Wingnut you have both been on my mind. I hope you are doing well. Miss you both.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #11  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thank you for opening the new thread Lisa.
I got all my water drank today, but it was after 5 PM when I started. I shall be up a lot tonight I'm afraid, fluid balancing. I really need to set that large glass of water on my work desk in the mornings. At least to get one drank earlier in the day. Most of the time I remember to do that. Today just blew past and here it was 5 PM and not one glass drank, unless I count a cup of decaf coffee (I know I can, I usually don't count it though).
Hi Halfagain

I fill up a one liter water bottle in the am and then around again around noontime. This way only two bottles are a must and any water after supper is just a bonus.
Not so fat anymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #12  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi Halfagain,

Try using a liter bottle, you only have to fill it twice and you have you water for the day. It has worked for me.
Not so fat anymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hi Halfagain,

Try using a liter bottle, you only have to fill it twice and you have you water for the day. It has worked for me.
That's a good idea otherwise you can lose track of how many times you go to fill your water glass in the day. My first two glasses with the pre and breakfast pills I just use my glass, but then I fill my 750 ml water bottle (it fits nicely in my car cupholder too) and drink it, then refill again & I'm done for the day. I usually end up having to use another glass of water for my calmag before bed anyhow so I get at least 8, if not more. I like that the 750 ml water bottle isn't too big to lug around. It even fits in my big Chloe bag (along with everything else I own, I think ) but don't tell my chiropractor, lol.

Liana
Old 10-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

My pain has returned. It isn't in the small of my back now, however, it is in my right hip.
I have a Dr appt next Monday to request more PT
Not quite sure why this has tightened up so badly but I can't seem to loosen it with the stretches/exercise I know to do.

I went for a walk today and pretty much limped home. Ugh!
Lisa - I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with pain. You have been such a trooper through all this process and an inspiration to all. Let us know what the doctor says, please?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:41 AM   #15  

Hi Lisa, a stretch that always works for me when I have a bad pain horizontally across the outside of my hip is the figure 4 stretch. You can do it sitting in a chair or lying on your back. It's a piriformis stretch and is quite often tight even if we normally stretch our hamstrings. Maybe this isn't your issue though?? Good luck!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...=26801&sc=3042

Liana