Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 83kg/71kg/65kg

Height: 1,76m

Default still dieting, no more weight loss...

i've lost about 12kg so far but it's been a few weeks since i've lost any more. i'm still on the same diet and i go to the gym every day for an hour.
i was thinking maybe it's the muscle gain that's not letting me lose weight, because i've been improving quite a lot at the gym and i feel stronger.
what do you chicks think i should do?
sedelman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

How much is that in lbs? How tall are you? You look pretty slim in your avatar. If you are near goal weight, weight loss does slow down.

Maybe work on toning and firming?

We have a featherweight forum for women with a few lbs left to lose.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #3  

so i weight 156 lbs now, after i've lost 26 lbs. my goal is 143 lbs.
i am working on toning and firming but i still have a tummy that i want to lose and i've been doing some abdominal exercises but it's just not making a difference.....

is there a type of food i should avoid if i want to lose the tummy specifically? or maybe a detox drink i could start drinking?

Last edited by sedelman93; 10-01-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I think you look wonderful.The weight loss slows down the closer you get to goal and you have done a great job so far.Just keep plugging along doing what you are doing and the weight will come off but much more slowly.I have been successful with low carb and the 3 s diet...no sugar,no snacking,no seconds.That means no snacks between meals.I am able to eat 3 decent meals a day and maintain.I drink lots of water..You are beautiful and have done a great job.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #5  

thank you apo9! alright i'm less worried now.
i guess i'll stop looking at the scale and start measuring myself instead. maybe i'll see more progress that way
Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #6  
Warrior Princess

Jillian Michaels!! Her 30 Day Shred DVD gave me amazing tone results! I used 5 and 10p hand weights instead of 3p.

Forget the number on the scale, use a tape measure and you will see that you're shrinking.

Try her DVD and stick with it. You'll thank me later.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #7  
maintaining since 9/2013

Default short answer is low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedelman93 View Post

is there a type of food i should avoid if i want to lose the tummy specifically? or maybe a detox drink i could start drinking?
I agree that you look GREAT & it's a good idea to 'break up with the scale' for a bit. If your tummy really really bothers you, I'll chime in with my experience, which is to watch your carbs. I did low carb and lost all my fat pads--I don't mean I'm a skinny stick figure, just that those areas I always thought I would have no matter what went away on low carb. My tummy and upper thighs were the last places to shrink.

Although I did Ideal Protein, I recall reading a long time ago in the South Beach Diet (also low carb) that insulin stores fat in around the abdomen. Even back then, I noticed my tummy shrinkage on that plan, though I couldn't stick to it.

Which leads to my word of caution...low carb agrees with some people and not others, so proceed with caution and listen to your body. It sounds like you are doing great doing what you're doing

Last edited by mars735; 10-01-2014 at 09:46 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #8  

aw you're so sweet, mars!
i've only been watching out for the calories during my diet so maybe that's the issue! i'll start paying more atention to carbs now too! thanks for your advice!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

71 kgs is an excellent weight if you are 1,76! Maybe that's just the weight your body adjusts better to. If you want to get to 65 it will be much slower now that you are closer to goal and you may need to cut back a bit more or up your exercise routine. Just remember that exercising - specially if you are doing weight training - changes sizes even when it doesn't change weight!

Muito bom encontrar alguém de Portugal aqui!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 10-01-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #10  

yup! i've gotten very used to my diet by now and it makes me feel good, so it's not that hard to keep to it. i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and if i lose weight, good, if i don't, that's fine too! i feel great!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #11  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedelman93 View Post
aw you're so sweet, mars!
i've only been watching out for the calories during my diet so maybe that's the issue! i'll start paying more atention to carbs now too! thanks for your advice!
A footnote with carb watching is you'll get the biggest benefit by limiting the refined carbs that are rapidly absorbed. You could use a tracker like myfitnesspal.com to see if anything in your current way of eating has a lot of carbs. Overall the things to tackle first are refined sugars & flour, ie sweets and baked things, also rice.

Btw If you decide to count carbs, make sure to subtract fiber grams from the total carbs to get net carbs. Fiber is the get-out-of-jail card for carbs
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #12  

haha
i actually already don't eat anything with sugar or flour and also no rice or spaghetti... so that's not it..
Old 10-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #13  

I tend to carry my weight in my thighs, so I was really surprised how much weight I lost through the middle when I cut out simple carbs (no sugar or white flower, etc.) and combined that with exercise.
KarenMI is offline   Reply With Quote