Old 09-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/167/150

Height: 5'8''

Default Cheat Group Therapy

Hi everyone,

So I'm new, and I was thinking it would be nice to have a place where we can address our diet cheats. Not really a confessional or shaming situation, just a thread where we can casually ruminate on how we cheated, why, and the "fallout" or lack thereof.

(If this already exists somewhere, please point me towards it!)

I'll start -- I went out with my family this weekend and let loose. Coming back today was difficult. I was very grumpy over my skinless chicken breast at lunch. Walking by the Yogurty's while on an errand, I blacked out and suddenly I was walking around with a cup of plain frozen yogurt in my hand. The craving demon grew louder from there. It took a lot of self-convincing to refrain from murdering a pizza in a back alley. Lesson learned -- don't treat family weekends as cartes blanche, because bacon-asparagus risotto and chocolate-hazelnut semifreddo makes the craving demon very, very strong.
ShellCottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

I ordered a cup of coffee and had to wait 10 min for a fresh brew. The lady handed me a pumpkin biscotti for the inconvience..... I ate that sucker lol. Otherwise I've been good all month
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:36 PM   #3  

Well, I'd call that a cheat from the gods more than anything else
Old 09-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #4  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

I'm a HUGE college football fan so my husband and I can always be found at the bar. We always order spinach artichoke dip and mozzarella sticks to start the game off. Then we have wings during half time. I will also consume a good wholesome amount of beer and come home with no voice. I live for this season! Lol. Other than that I don't necessarily deny myself a treat here and there.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #5  

I cheated this weekend.
It was both awful and glorious.
It also made me horribly sick after eating clean for just 6 weeks.

Friday night was a chili cheese dog and fries
Saturday was seafood enchiladas and then sushi (and by sushi, I mean tempura fried sin)
Sunday was King Ranch Chicken in all its saucy goodness.

And Monday my stomach revolted.
Ive been so good for 6 straight weeks and then BOOM it was like the bottom fell out. I got emotional and saw a ton of old friends and dear Lord I won't ever do it again.
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I think this thread is a good idea!!
oh man, it was carb city for me tonight! I didn't go overboard but having a slice a bread with pasta wasn't necessary. I haven't lost anything last week so I'm a little annoyed that I couldn't get past wanting a slice a bread but I went with it anyway. I'd rather eat a slice a bread than go around my cupboards eating everything else!

Also I'm really craving something sweet this week so I think I'll treat myself to something later this week. Nothing too crazy, maybe a muffin? we'll see!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICAKECHICK View Post
(and by sushi, I mean tempura fried sin)
genuinely laughed at that!
(sorry for double posting, saw it after!)
Old 09-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #8  

Love the attitude in here! Muguet, I think limiting oneself to one slice of bread is actually really admirable. Maybe it's because I'm Italian, but the cheat demon can typically talk me into eating one slice of bread PER COURSE and ain't nobody needs that.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #9  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hello everyone, my name is Crystal and I'm a foodaholic. I've been binge free for ... 10 minutes and zero days.

I went on a C25K run today with my Fiance. I had some coffee this morning, one half a breakfast serving of fruits with some granola, I had a home made meatballs with some sauce for lunch, and then...

My Fiance made dinner. He logged the recipe as he went and then divided it. cup was 400 calories. Not bad at all! Only... it is bad if you eat half the recipe, which amounts about 3.5 cups. To finish it all off, I went for Hawaiian bread with cookie butter, because hey, why not? Not like I've been SOOOOoooo good all week. Why not just sabotage more?

It's ok. I'll do better the rest of the week. Drink a ton of water tomorrow. And not binge again.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellCottage View Post
Love the attitude in here! Muguet, I think limiting oneself to one slice of bread is actually really admirable. Maybe it's because I'm Italian, but the cheat demon can typically talk me into eating one slice of bread PER COURSE and ain't nobody needs that.
haha thanks! but trust me, after the huge plate of pasta I definitely wasn't hungry! Bread is one of the foods I love the most, especially with salted butter

Had my sweet fix of the week today! Grabbed a kitkat chunky and I felt reunited with an old friend. Was aware of the non-nutrition but didn't really care. TOM is forthcoming and I'd rather eat my kitkat now than in full bloat-mode!

kurisutaru I'm with you with drinking loads of water!! Don't dwell on the binge, it'll only make you feel worse! We can do this
Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #11  

Bread is my sworn enemy. Buttered bread. Bread dipped in olive oil and spice. Bread dipped in gravy. Bread with butter and jelly.

OMG bread. I love bread.
Bread, however, does NOT love me.
I miss bread.

I am confessing now- I am GOING to cheat this coming weekend. And I am NOT going to feel bad about it. I have been DYING for Chicken fried steak with gravy and mashed potatoes and carrots for a month. So, this weekend I am going to have it. Because otherwise I am going to make a whole pan of gravy and drink it through a straw. But, since I know this planned cheat is coming, I THINK it will help me to stay ON the wagon for the rest of the week.
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #12  

Wellllll, facing that amazingly bittersweet challenge of seeing a friend from out of town tonight.

When she asked me to recommend a place, I got over-excited and suggested a trendy eastern european spot. Fancy schnitzel. Sounds dangerous.

For those who have been at this longer than I -- do you think it would be better if I changed the venue, or just challenged myself to use moderation?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #13  

Oh dear. Cheat level upgraded. Now I've been suddenly asked to go on a work trip in the wilderness, where apparently the food provided is carb city. I won't have access to a refrigerator so I can't bring my own groceries! Lots of drinking too, very likely. It's too bad because I'm nearing a 10-pound milestone, and I'm SO CLOSE to being out of overweight BMI.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Yesterday my friend was trying to tempt me with one of my favorite pastries, a lightly glazed custard filled bun, from this Japanese shop I like. She knows that I'm dieting so wasn't surprised when I resisted. Then we went home, we're roommates with a few other girls. Then she ended up going to the shop herself and she brought me back the pastry, as a thank you for something I had done, when I had explicitly said that I didn't want to eat it....of course I ate it a few minutes later... I've never wanted to beat someone up and hug them for their thoughtfulness at the same time. Lol.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/165/120-125

Height: 5'2

Last night I ate way to many andies mints !!! I thought in my head " ohh I just have a couple" yah right!!! Laying in bed with the man watching tv and I look down and I have a pile of wrappers in my lap . I ate like 10- 12 and I didn't even notice really blahhh
countrymama is offline   Reply With Quote