Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #1  

Arrow IP community Daily Chat Wednesday 9/24/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Yesterday at wi I had my first 0 week. Old me would have headed right to the nearest store for a tasty treat, but instead I came home and cooked my salmon and veggies for dinner.... according to the body monitor thingy I did gain 2 lbs of lean mass. All the measurements stayed the same.

Beck book arrived yesterday just in time. hopefully I have time to get thru some if it today.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #3  

Hang in there, Sgrealtor1. You have the right attitude! The Beck book will surely help your perspective even more. And hooray for gaining muscle mass! That's a good thing!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Sgrealtor1 - way to go and hang in there...I LOVE your attitude! You have had huge success with IP. Keep up your hard work and dedication!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Well, today was my first WI and I lost 5 lbs - so I'm very happy with that. I learned a hard lesson, though. I weighed myself on Saturday and saw that I was down 5 lbs already and I fell into my old habits and had a few (cough) beers on the weekend to celebrate. Well, Monday morning I was back up 3 lbs. I went right back on program and I lost the 3 that I put on. Lesson learned.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

I feel for you realtor. I have my weigh-in today, and per my home scale, I've only lost 1 lb if that in the past week. I am a little discouraged by that. I've given up bread and wine, and it needs to be worth it! I guess I need to get that book. It seems to be helping everyone else's attitude. I could use that encouragement today as I sit here at my desk, hungry, with over 3 hours till lunch!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #7  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

This was pretty relevant for today!
I also find it relevant for maintenance. When I loosen up too much, my clothes tighten up!

September 24, 2014 - Wednesday Sabatoge

Wednesday Sabotage: The scale went down so now I can loosen up a bit.

Response: It’s 100% not true that it’s okay to loosen up. The scale went down because of all the things I’ve been doing. The moment I stop doing them is the moment the scale goes back up.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-24-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

today I Will Not Stand In My Own Way!!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #9  

Kind of on the same lines as Lisa's quote.

"Don't Let your doubts sabotage your actions."

Whether you have a really good week or a really bad one, we have to remind ourselves just why we started in the first place.

On another note my WI isn't until tomorrow, but today showed a -2 drop ))
21 lbs total in 7 weeks.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hooray for all having good WI's - and extra will power dust for those of us with 'issues.' I am up 5 pounds over the past 2 days due to meds and sloth and sodium in my easy foods. I know it's not fat since it's so quick and my eyes are puffy and all my rings including the toe rings are tight. 90% of the jeans still fit though so I call that an NSV for today, lol. Pain sux - needed an icepack on my head last night when I went to bed, as headache wasn't touched by the meds. At least that helped. And the chiropractor to get my hips and shoulders back in alignment yesterday. Weird weather isn't helping I'm sure, thunderstorms for the next few days interspersed with sun/cloud periods. Barometric pressure way down, then way up Grrrr!

Liana
Old 09-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hooray for all having good WI's - and extra will power dust for those of us with 'issues.' I am up 5 pounds over the past 2 days due to meds and sloth and sodium in my easy foods. I know it's not fat since it's so quick and my eyes are puffy and all my rings including the toe rings are tight. 90% of the jeans still fit though so I call that an NSV for today, lol. Pain sux - needed an icepack on my head last night when I went to bed, as headache wasn't touched by the meds. At least that helped. And the chiropractor to get my hips and shoulders back in alignment yesterday. Weird weather isn't helping I'm sure, thunderstorms for the next few days interspersed with sun/cloud periods. Barometric pressure way down, then way up Grrrr!

Liana

I know how you're feeling. The weather is making me feel all BLAHH
Old 09-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Yesterday at wi I had my first 0 week. Old me would have headed right to the nearest store for a tasty treat, but instead I came home and cooked my salmon and veggies for dinner.... according to the body monitor thingy I did gain 2 lbs of lean mass. All the measurements stayed the same.

Beck book arrived yesterday just in time. hopefully I have time to get thru some if it today.
Sgrealtor - I am right there with you! I had a goose egg yesterday and it sucked, but I stayed OP.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Thank you for your support Lisa32989 and ShelbyLynn8. I'm so happy to be sharing this journey with such strong, smart women and men. It is important to remember lessons that we learn along the way and that we are worth it.

Congratulations on all the FANTASTIC losses!!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

It is finally raining in Seattle. Sounds weird, since it's supposed to rain here all the time. The weather has been sunny and warm for months, until yesterday. The good news regarding that weather report is that I was finally able to spark up the oven without overheating the house. I made the cauliflower tortillas and just ate one for lunch. It was great! Almost reminded me of a bread product...
Old 09-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Congratulations on the loses, big or small, it all adds up.
Sgrealtor - Way to go not sabatoging yourself. You deserve to be happy and successful so stay on track.
Liana

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! The sun is shinning here which is lovely.
Closed Thread