South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday - September 22

Good morning and happy (?) first full day of Fall. The leaves are starting to turn and the first autumn crocus has popped up. The fall wreath is on the door - that was about all I got done yesterday.

(Typing is difficult this a.m. since Miss Millie has now decided I'm her Forever Person and keeps jumping onto my lap. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't keep resting her wee chin on the space bar.)

Not sure what the day will bring - there is nothing on today's calendar and I love it! I do plan to do some cleaning - I think Donna has abandoned me! If the rain stops (been raining since Saturday night), I may get out to do some cutting back in the garden and pick the last of my green peppers that are turning red. (Salsa coming up.) The good news is that my car is clean again.

Still very dark here - I miss those June mornings. I guess another coffee is in order and then an official cuddle session with Miss Millie who is curled on her chair and giving me The Look. Jazz is upstairs on the bed.

Raising my mug in a toast to a Marvy Monday.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth! I was very slow to get up today...I also can't stand these dark mornings. It's just depressing. Now I feel behind schedule and need to scramble! Ugh. On tap for today is just work and then home and maybe an early bed for me. I'm still tired from going out on Friday night.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm raising my mug to a Marvy Monday day to you, Ruth, and those to come. I have the windows opened a crack, and there's a cool breeze wafting through, but it's still muggy. Isn't today the last full day of summer?

It will be an interesting, but exciting week at the farm. The excavation for the kitchen renovations started last week, and I'll have to empty out all the cabinets so the walls can be torn out. It's going to be pretty noisy!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Matilda, I thought of you as I set my alarm earlier (and still woke up before it), got my butt outta bed, and went on a walk/run. We'll see how long this lasts!

Ruth - that's so cute on Miss Millie! Do we get to see a pic of the two of you together?

I hate admitting that getting up and getting exercise out of the way is nice! I just have to remember to go to bed before 9:30 so I get enough sleep.

Today is work, of course. I was supposed to soak beans overnight for black beans and rice, and forgot to...so we'll move pork tenderloin up to today.

Camping was great. I laughed going to the restroom yesterday morning...a youngish couple had their keurig hooked up outside of it! she said, "I'll sleep on the ground, but I'm not giving up my coffee!!". Next time, I just recommend getting a site with electricity though...

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-22-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I did check and technically it's summer untill 10:29 PM tonight Eastern daylight Time. That works for me! I just finished a jacket that I've been procrastinating for years and it was on my list to get done before the fall so I'm right on target. It's really cute and for my first jacket I think it turned out pretty nice. It's a black fleece with a gray fleece on the back and so it looks pretty fancy and I'm gonna put a sparkly button on it I zigzagged around with a silver thread.

That said, I put the sewing machine back in its case and I'm going to do something else for a while.

What I should be doing is getting dressed for work since it's seven after five and I'm supposed to be there at 5:30. My smoothie is already made so I'm enjoying the last cup of coffee.

It sounds like we all have a good start to Monday. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-22-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I would bring my Keurig too lol. Hope you had a fun weekend.

Ruth I have become an expert and one hand typing. My free hand is for the pups

Matilda hope work flies by

Linda good luck with the renovation

I am a free woman off the sick list and can enjoy my days off. Going to ride indoors, quite breezy here. Then off to Joe's. The truck has been sitting at his place with an expired inspection. So today hopefully I can get tires and have it inspected. I really need to get it sold. After he gets home from work we are going to pick up my guns. How girly of me lol

Tomorrow I will tackle the pups nails as I can't take the sound any more. It takes me several days to get Mick done as he squirms way too much. They must sense me typing about them because now they want their walk.

Have a great day
Old 09-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie when you have time please post a pic of the jacket. Sounds really nice
Old 09-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning quick fly by for me

Getting ready to leave for work and I have offsite meetings for most of the day.

I had a relaxing day yesterday other than some baking and a couple loads of laundry. I finally found a healthy recipe my family liked from Elena's pantry her banana nut muffins. They ate all of them.

Sorry no time for personals hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

A side effect of getting up too early...I looked down to take my shoes off, and had two different shoes on for my walk!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So ... it's still summer? I guess the weather Dude didn't get the memo since it's in the low 40's and raining.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I didn't realize I was AWOL this weekend. Sometimes I start reading the daily thread but get distracted by something else open on my computer I'm not ready for fall weather! Or darker days.

Jennifer - glad to hear it went smoothly.

Matilda - my dreams make me wake up tired most days so there might be something to your theory.

I'm off to the gym. Then grocery store. Then niggles.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread