Old 09-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #91

Good morning ladies. Jack's last day of work. He is giving me hour by hour updates. Poor thing is so anxious to have some time off. Unlike me, he believes it will be sunny. I just need to quit looking at the weather reports as they stress me out. I can't change whether it will rain or not, but I do sure hope it doesn't rain a week from Friday when we are in Cozumel so we don't lose all that money.

I am finishing up the scarf for my hair stylist. The darn yarn has a bunch of shredding and I have had to take out a whole row so I can splice them together as I sure am not going to knit in a piece of yarn that has thinned from coming apart. It makes me mad that they sell it that way though.

Susan: I am going to get a food saver vacuum sealer and try and make up low carb lunches. I liked the look of the recipe you posted on FB. I am sure it tastes great. Sounds like you had a lovely time with Glory.

Jean: Fingers crossed your computer behaves itself at the church. I always hated it when I had trouble because I couldn't find help most of the time. I noticed Oklahoma got snow yesterday. Hopefully you won't have snow too soon.

You all have a nice day. If I don't get in here tomorrow, I will talk to you when I get back. Keep your fingers crossed for me that we have lovely weather and I have not problems with this durn hernia either. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #2  

Good Morning! It's a bright sunny morning and supposed to warm up to 70 this afternoon. I hope so since we are going to Kolby's last soccer game today, and stop at SAMs Club on the way. Thursday is football so I hope the warmer temperature holds for the next couple of weeks. I have laundry going, just vacuumed the furry basement and now need to vacuum the furry main level. I swear I should have two bald cats!

"Gma," thanks for starting the new thread! I've had the same experience with yarn on the last two afghans. I think it's the same old story, poorer quality and raise the price. We've had a couple frost advisories but nothing about snow . . . yet. An inch for Christmas and the rest in January is soon enough! Is your cell company Verizon? I have unlimited iPad connecting, or whatever it is called, if I'm in the car or where there is no free WiFi. I hope you and Jack have a wonderful time on vacation!

I need to finish vacuuming away and move on. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!

Last edited by Jean; 09-16-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #3  

Good Morning! Not much going on in my corner of the world today. The sun is shining and it's another cool morning. I have bell practice later this afternoon, so getting back into the fall routine. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Hot Wednesday

GOOD EVENING IN SEPTEMBER MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

I haven’t been her for awhile but I had nothing to say. I still don’t have anything to say but HOWDY to all of you. Be back tomorrow and maybe have more to say hopefully.

Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #5  

Good morning, ladies. 70 degrees and sunshine right now but rain expected this evening.

Nothing happening in my corner of the world. I have Ladies of the Evening tonight, the first meeting after our summer hiatus. That willb e fun catching up.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #6  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful sunny and warmer day in my neighborhood. I've been to the grocery store with quite a list. Boy, have the prices gone up here! We are going to shampoo carpet after lunch and then head to Ian's football game.

Maggie, not much going on here either. Glad you checked in.

Susan, Ladies of the Evening always makes me ! Have fun!

Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 09-18-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #7  

Good Morning! It's a dark, gloomy, windy morning in my corner of the world. The temperature is supposed to hit 86, but I'll believe that when I see it. Ian's team lost their first game last night. The other team was also undefeated plus the penalties were called on us while the refs ignored those that should have been on the other team. Ian played the whole game and did well; he didn't get hurt and that's the main thing. Two more games, then the play-offs.

I need to feed my outside critters and head for the library later this morning.

It's Friday and the crazy drivers crawl out in the afternoon. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday.

Last edited by Jean; 09-19-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Fabulous Friendly Fantastic Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN SEPTEMBER MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

We have been out and about today and I got a new phone which is a Samsung Galzxy 5 and has lots of nice features and measures 6” x 3” with the extra battery pack attached it is ¾ “ thick. The thin pack is built right into the case. I have to wait until midnight to turn it on though. Will also got me a ger-prize of a “357 long gun” with a really nice scope on it which is called a Coyote and he says it is for my birthday. I can wear my fox vest when I am out hunting with it. The rifle will reach out and get me an elk when we go hunting in Montana. He is going to be thrilled when he sees what I am getting him for Christmas but it is something he really wants in a rifle.

Not much else happening around here but I am excited to get that new phone and get it all set up in a few hours. I’ll get to keep my number from my little phone and that is what takes so long since it is from a different company. I have been using a “throw away” phone since my Blackberry took a dump.

JEAN Those refs should be ashamed of themselves playing favorites with kids games. We try to keep the kids honest and then look at that bad influence coming from grown-ups.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon! It's a beautiful fall day in my neighborhood; the leaves are beginning to turn colors almost overnight. We had quite a storm go through around midnight. All evening the weather gal kept giving warnings to an area northwest of us and moving on north. Around midnight it hit here, strong winds and heavy rain. We got 1.06" according to the rain gauge. We had some leaves in the yard this morning but no other damage. We lost electricity for about an hour, so I finally gave up and went to bed. I went to the library this morning and then stopped to pick up the pile of cigarette butts at church. I will check on Monday, and hope there isn't any more. We are going to Des Moines tomorrow to see Phantom of the Opera, and will miss church.

Maggie, is your new phone a "smart" phone? I noticed on the news, the people lined up to get the new iPhone. Don't think I would ever stand in line for a phone. Bob needs a new phone and is dragging his feet about getting one. He has a simple flip phone and he likes it, doesn't think he needs to go "smart." Have fun with your new phone and new gun!

I need to write birthday cards so better get that done. Hope you all have a nice day and enjoy!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #10  

Good Evening! It's been a long day, and I'm so glad I don't live in a big city! There was a musical and food festival going on a few blocks from where the Phantom was playing so parking was at a premium. A nice lady crossing the street told Bob where there was a spot on the street and we managed to get it; we had to walk four blocks but that was ok. The Phantom of the Opera was outstanding! Costumes, set designs, fire, gun shots, chandelier, magic, music, and singing were all awesome. We went several years ago and all the scenery has be redone and changed. An interesting thing we both noticed at the same time was the difference in audience dress. The first time men were in suits and ties, some women in long dresses, furs, and diamonds. This time we only saw a couple of older (than us!) men in suits, lots of slacks and nice shirts, but many were in sloppy, wrinkled jeans and wore caps which they left on during the show -- NO class there. Women were dressed in everything from designer jeans, grubby jeans, nice casual outfits, and long dresses. Lots of really high heels! From leaving home in the morning to returning, we were gone twelve hours.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening. Tomorrow is Monday . . . again.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny not as Hot Sunday

JEAN Glad you enjoyed the Phantom. Dress codes have sure changed through the years. As a teen I got into the theater of live performances as an usherette and had to dress up. For doing that job I got to see the programs free. To answer your question: My new phone is an android by Samsung and I didn’t want one of those new ones by Apple 6. I got the one I preferred and like having this one with the thin lightweight extra battery ($100) on it. I can do e-mailing and surf the web, watch movies, etc if I choose. It’s like a little computer that I can make and receive phone calls on. I can’t type as fast on it but I have a soft tipped stylus to use on it if I choose. Will is going to make me a nice soft leather pouch for it to keep in my purse to keep from scratching the face of it. I do have the plastic shield ($25) on the front to keep the glass from breaking. I chose getting the black battery pack and phone cover but they did have a nice pink one.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #12  

Happy Monday! I just typed a note and it flew away somewhere, so will try again. It's a beautiful fall day in my neighborhood. Both counting efforts went well this morning and balanced on the first try. I had to go back to the hospital this afternoon to do a greeting card inventory and straighten out a credit card purchase from one of our vendors. I wish the buyers wouldn't use a credit card because it messes with my meager bookkeeping system. Bob has a meeting at 5, with food, so have no supper plans. I need to pick up the Sunday newspapers and put in a load of laundry, so need to keep moving.

Maggie, it sounds like your new phone is pretty spiffy! I know you will enjoy it!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon! It's trying hard to rain, a cool and gloomy day. I went to have my contacts checked this morning. Allergies have played a part, but also have a slight prescription change in my glasses. The good doctor wants me to wait until we have a freeze to do anything, thinking that will cure my allergies. I don't think so but will play the game. This afternoon I have to work on my annual gift shop report for the Auxiliary meeting on Thursday. We are donating $5000 to the hospital so had a reasonably good year. Tomorrow is my morning to work in the gift shop, a perm in the afternoon ending with bell practice.

I need to keep moving. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #14  

Good Evening! I've been on the go today. I worked the gift shop this morning and even sold a few things. This afternoon was spent getting a perm. Then off to bell choir; my co-ringer, that I have stood next to for several years, died last night. She had had surgery for colon, ovarian, and stomach cavity cancer in March. She was also our county treasurer so very well known around town. A huge loss and much too young at 63. Her funeral is Saturday and the bell choir will be sitting together. Kathy is the second of my five cancer stricken friends to die this month. Tomorrow is my monthly coffee date and the annual Auxiliary meeting in the afternoon. My report was finished last night! Since my day is almost over, will wish you a terrific Thursday for tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wonderland Wendsay

It has been a busy day around here this day and I can’t say we accomplished much but we had a good time of it. I found my little black leather incidental purse is a good size for my phone to be kept in. I don’t like the clip on fronts that they sell for these pones but I wanted a cover when I put it into my purse and this will work great. It has enough room in it to easily get the phone in and out plus to keep a wiping cloth and the stylus in it also.

JEAN That is sad that that lady died so young. You just never know when your time is up which is probably a good thing. I bet you hear an echo when you are the only one posting. I meant to get here earlier today but never made it as you can see.