Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Default Getting out of the 230's and 220's

We hit 500 posts so I am posting a new thread....I will quote the last replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
It's short term fasting some day mixed with no fasting. So you may eat only 8am-6pm M-F. Or like me. I fast until 12pm M-F. I usually try to stop eating before 12. There's a good documentary on it Eat, Fast and Live Longer. There is also a thread on here about it.

I like it because it's flexible. You can choose to do it when you want. Once a week, every day, 6 hours every other day, etc.

I did it when I trained for a half marathon and it worked good then. Now I don't consciously do it but I notice its still there. For example I had a sandwich while out then the next day I stuck to protein and vegetables. Maybe I should start paying attention again. Have you tried it?

Forgot to add, since adding the vegan yogurt and kimchi, I've noticed less bloating and better digestion. I'm going to try to keep that up. The kimchi was so easy to make and lasts a while. I'm working on getting my mother to like it. I've been hiding it in other food like she's a kid. She needs it per her last colonoscopy so she's going to have to like it.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 View Post
Mizzthing...that sounds interesting...yes I am doing the carb cycle right now. It looks like this:

Monday Low Carb 1200 calories
Tuesday Low Carb 1200 calories
Wednesday High Carb 1500 calories
Thursday Low Carb 1200 calories
Friday Low Carb 1200 calories
Saturday High Carb 1500 calories
Sunday reward day nothing over 2400 calories.

I have noticed on this I bloat less. Depending what I eat on Sunday I will bloat a little then it washes away with the Monday Tuesday Low carb! It is also easy to follow for me too!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...I am waiting to get in the 220's!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I am just holding on so much to the 230's, I guess I might be on this thread for quite a while. Up to 237 today.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #4  

I didn't weigh in today because Sundays are my off meal day and well I know how it would look so holding out and hoping to be out of these 30's...they are dirty 30's for sure!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #5  

Oh forgot...the end of this week ends my 2nd month with healthy lifestyle so I am so curious about my measurements...looking forward to Saturday morning
Old 09-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Ahh that does sound interesting Jen. I may do that if IF/low carb doesn't work. I actually like it for right now.

Jen you are on the cusp but I understand. I want out of the 30s too. I am trying to be patient though. I fit into a shirt I haven't been able to fit into in a long time. Just hold on. I bet you get a woosh soon.

My weekend was so so. Eating was okay but it is time to grocery shop again. I feel like I am doing more of that lately. I did try to make vegan ribs again and they didn't turn out. I think I used too much water. Hmm.
Yeah the 230's are hanging on to me like a sucker fish that won't let go Its hard!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #7  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Well at least it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one. I really need this decade to be better than the last. I know I can do this though so I will not give up.

We didn't make walking today because my mother didn't feel well so I will do some Callanetics before bed.

On a good note I am glad it is finally getting cool here. I have a dream shirt I brought from the thrift store and I can finally button it. It seems like I have alot of clothes I'm waiting to get into I have to stop buy those. If I see them on sale though I just try to get them.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #8  

I know what you mean...we have had more days in the 90's here than any other summer....I'm dying with no AC!!!! I love fall!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #9  

Exactly 230 today I am happy because it is 20 pounds...but just like come on why couldn't you be nice and give me 229.8!!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #10  
Golden

Jen I thought I was the only one! We have always had central heating/air then we moved here where there was none. I really almost broke down and brought one but then I realized I didn't want to take it with me to a new place since I don't want to stay here. It's been a test though.

Yay on 230. It's coming.

I am going for a trail walk/run Saturday so I may try to make me a hat. Diet has been so so. I'm working on it though. I know I'm not getting enough protein so I need to remedy that next week/month. Time for an online order I guess.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #11  

So 229.6 but I am not holding my breath as I know sometimes I go up a little for tomorrow weigh in I was hoping for another drop....I like to at least get 2 pounds a week but it always doesn't work like that!

On my Low Carb days I always do protein shakes it helps me get my protein up!!!!

I am going away this weekend to go visit my hubby instead of making him come down here its about 2.5 hours. He is Army and about ready to retire....trying to figure out how to do my girls hair so it will hold up....they are mixed with black and white...I have learned so much having them with them getting his genes of the really curly hair LOL I have tried and tried to learn braid small and all that but I guess practice makes perfect!!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #12  
Golden

I hope you have a safe and great trip. Twists are always good for girls.

My mother and I went for a walk today. We need to make sure to exercise to help with her cholesterol and she also need to drink more water.

I did some squats and kickboxing the other night and I think that helped push me forward. I was 236 today. Hoping to keep it up so I can get out of this decade with the quickness.

I think I'm going to start with 4/wk and see how it goes. Both of us are going to up the protein to help. I finally made a tofu scramble and this is the first time I've liked tofu.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #13  

I love twists they are easy...I try and braid as much as I can just so I can get better at it. I do know how to French braid well!

Hope you had a great weekend. I just got back from Washington and we are all sickies ....colds! We went to an amazing zoo and Brooklyn my 5 year old rode a camel!

I wanted to start walking everyday we will see I feel really out of it today!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Well, I had a good loss this week, down 3.4, so puts me closer to the 220's. It's been kind of an up and down month, so I am glad this week was down!

Jenni: Looks like you made it into the 220's!! Yay!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #15  
Golden

Aww Jen I hate to hear that but I'm glad you had fun.

Woo hoo Slash on the loss. I totally understand the up and down month. Good for you for powering through.

I am going down again-235 today. Usually I gain during TOM but I am losing. I think the exercise and strict eating is helping. I might just make it out of the 230s this month.

It's almost time to get new lounge wear. I know I need new workout gear. They're all either getting too big or old.
Closed Thread