Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Wednesday 9/17/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #2  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Just a quick question ......anyone else use Benefiber?? I've been using it in my morning tea (for some extra HELP)!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #3  

I use Natural Calm. The magnesium helps with sleep and regularity.
Unfortunately, IP bundles their magnesium supplement with calcium, which can have the opposite effect
Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Trying something new this AM. Drank my RTD Vanilla and now I am sipping my 1st 16oz of water and taking my morning pills one at a time every time I was by the kitchen .... So far my tummy is fine. Been bothering me the last few mornings with my old routine....Lets see if this helps. Funny how things work for a while then you have to switch it up.

Nice and chilly here in NJ this AM and my husband is laughing at my too big shirt that I a wearing...Guess this needs to hit the donate bag LOL....

WI tomorrow! 2 big woosh's in a row so not expecting much... trying to stay off to scale at home so I don't obsess LOL...
Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #5  

Friends, I have to tell you about what happened on my walk this morning. I was on my way back up a hill near the house when a woman stopped at a stop sign rolled down her window (at 6:50am!) and said "I see you out here every day and I just wanted to say you are really doing great!" I thanked her and said I had lost almost 90 pounds since April and she said "you go girl!" That TOTALLY made my day! I cried all the way back to the house. It was so gracious of her to take the time to stop and greet me. Just retelling it brings tears to my eyes. Needless to say, I am feeling much better today. And....I might just be so happy that I'm going to float through my morning.
Have a wonderful day, all, and don't forget what an impact you (and your words) can have on other people!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Awww what a wonderfully heart warming way to start the day! Thank you kindly for sharing that gracerev.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Go Grace! What a great start to your day
Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Grace, that is the greatest NSV I've ever heard! It's good to remember how a few simple but heartfelt words can bring joy to someone's life.

I just heard this quote at a meeting last night, and then came on here to see it in action:

"I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.”
― Roger Ebert
Old 09-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Friends, I have to tell you about what happened on my walk this morning. I was on my way back up a hill near the house when a woman stopped at a stop sign rolled down her window (at 6:50am!) and said "I see you out here every day and I just wanted to say you are really doing great!" I thanked her and said I had lost almost 90 pounds since April and she said "you go girl!" That TOTALLY made my day! I cried all the way back to the house. It was so gracious of her to take the time to stop and greet me. Just retelling it brings tears to my eyes. Needless to say, I am feeling much better today. And....I might just be so happy that I'm going to float through my morning.
Have a wonderful day, all, and don't forget what an impact you (and your words) can have on other people!
That is awesome!!

Had a big NSV this morning, was getting dressed for work and on a lark decided to try on a few skirts that I couldn't get zipped/buttoned at all just 3 or 4 weeks ago. Nothing is better than the ZZZZIP sound when clothes suddenly fit again!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
What a wonderful compliment. You are doing great, congrats!!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Sorry this is long but need input. Not IP related

I need some help or advice about a decision I have to make. I live in a very small town, Everybody is in your business. It's all childish drama. Anyway, My BF's Ex lives here and her circle of friends spread lots of rumors and cause a lot of problems. I just happen to work with one of her old friends. They have been on the outs but, still some how things get said and drama happens all the time. I am not interested in having drama in my life. I'm a grown women and act as such. This person was just transfered to another school sight so I won't have to see her anymore. Yesterday I was offered a position at that same school sight in the same department. Jobs with more hours are very hard to come by. I have been trying to get more hours for three years. The unemployment rate is terrible here. I'm only part time and if I took this position I would make a few hundred more a month. Yes, I would like more money. Will a few hundred dollars make that much difference in my life, probably not. Question is, do I pass up this job in order to avoid personal conflict in my life. I am so torn and this is weighing so heavy on my mind. I keep telling myself not to take the job but, then think I have to be crazy to turn it down. I just don't know what to do.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

What an awesome way to start your day GRACE!!! That was so kind of her to compliment you...and you are doing fantastic!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #13  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Wishing Ruth Ann much luck today as she undergoes her surgery!! I can't wait to hear how happy she is with her results!

GraceRev: What a wonderful NSV! I've had times when I talked about my WL that have brought tears to my eyes, as well. I know the feeling! Re-taking control of our health is both exhilarating and overwhelming emotionally but it sure feels incredible!

Scorbett: Yay for "zip"!!! Nothing better than reigning it back in & rebooting before "disaster" strikes. I've lived the whole gain/lose/gain/lose and I find it quite an accomplishment for anyone to jump back on P1 BEFORE a complete regain. Thank goodness IP gives us these tools.

And lest anyone who has regained all thinks I'm "dissing" them...I'm not! Been there/done that/outgrew the clothes. It takes incredible fortitude to "suck it up" and take responsibility for our own health.

Yay to all of us today who are moving in a positive direction. We can all do it together.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip
Wednesday Sabotage: I’m so stressed that
[this happened-fill in the blank] so I’m going to buy some [fill in the blank with off-plan food] and eat it.

Response: All the
[junk] in the world won’t make [fix my car - or fill in the blank], it will just make me feel out of control of my eating and mad at myself. Remember, eating doesn’t solve anything and it will just make me feel worse in the long run.

To this I add: If I have a problem and I eat over it, then I have two problems!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I need some help or advice about a decision I have to make. I live in a very small town, Everybody is in your business. It's all childish drama. Anyway, My BF's Ex lives here and her circle of friends spread lots of rumors and cause a lot of problems. I just happen to work with one of her old friends. They have been on the outs but, still some how things get said and drama happens all the time. I am not interested in having drama in my life. I'm a grown women and act as such. This person was just transfered to another school sight so I won't have to see her anymore. Yesterday I was offered a position at that same school sight in the same department. Jobs with more hours are very hard to come by. I have been trying to get more hours for three years. The unemployment rate is terrible here. I'm only part time and if I took this position I would make a few hundred more a month. Yes, I would like more money. Will a few hundred dollars make that much difference in my life, probably not. Question is, do I pass up this job in order to avoid personal conflict in my life. I am so torn and this is weighing so heavy on my mind. I keep telling myself not to take the job but, then think I have to be crazy to turn it down. I just don't know what to do.
Only you can decide what is best for you.
I've learned I can't let childish, immature people have that much control over my life.
I've learned to reign in gossip & I keep work very professional.
I stay out of drama by separating myself from it & not responding to it. And, probably some immature people view it as standoffish. I don't care. I just don't have time for drama. (My mantra for this school year is the Polish proverb/saying: Not my circus, not my monkeys).

Anyway, I would never allow the immaturity of others influence a personal career decision. But that's just me.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Jemma - what a sticky situation! I think Lisa gave you some great advice....if you make the decision to move to the other site, I would make up mind that drama or gossip will NOT be a part of my life. I think the best thing you can do is not respond to it and go about your life and be HAPPY! If you have been waiting to get more hours for 3 years, this sounds like a great opportunity! Good Luck with your decision!

Last edited by SallyE; 09-17-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread