Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default a new healthier approach

I always base my eating on what I SHOULDN'T eat and I would like to add an emphasis on what I SHOULD eat. I will be starting back on Weight Watchers (leaving for Disney with the DH and kids tomorrow) and would like to include things that I should eat into my diet and work my points around that. I THINK some of the things that I should include in my diet are 3 fruits a day, citrus, blueberries and apples are great, yogert, skim milk, Whole grain breads almonds, walnuts,. I thought if I could come up with healthy breakfast, lunchs and snack by eathing the things nutritionally my body needs then at dinner I could try and eat lean meat, veggies and salads. Please help me create a healthy base to build my personalized plan on.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:09 PM   #2  

You will find you do better and are less hungry if you include a little protein (meat, veggie alternatives, milk, yogurt or nuts) with your meals and snacks. Carbs leave us hungry after 2 hours, protein sustains us until the next meal.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:35 PM   #3  
deleted2

Jagmom, excellent food for thought. if you'll pardon the expression! You're so right that we concentrate on what we're deprived of instead of the steps we're making toward good health.
I hear that you can make good food choices at Disney. Seek those out and make it fun for yourself. Have a great time! And thanks for 'today's thought'!

Old 02-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #4  
stbakd

jag have treat ocassionaly (cake or anything you enjoy) in small doses. that way you wont fall off the wagon.
glen
Closed Thread