Old 09-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:283 /GW:150

Height: 5ft 5in

Default APOSTOLICS / PENTECOSTALS (Using Bible to help with weightloss)

I have no problem talking to any other persons of other beliefs but just want to now if any pentecostal/apostolic out there. sometimes we need scriptures to assist us with this walk of life. I strongly believe in the Lord
fightbbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #2  

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Sometimes i have to remind myself that with God I CAN DO THIS!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #3  

3 John 1:2 ESV /

Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Raised Pentecostal, am a Presbyterian, now. I believe in the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the HolyGhost.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #5  

UPC here, born, raised, 4th generation, raising my 5th generation son to be the same!

.... and grew up eating like a UPC gal too! Trying to undo it now, but I know you know how that goes!
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #6  

welcome u all!...seeing that we are devoted Christians we do lost our way at times..physically..........by letting ourselves go........so can help each other lose weight spiritually and physically as most times, the weight is put on by some unsolved problems in our lives..........i need God on this journey
Old 09-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #7  

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just say a little prayer—God, please help me reach this goal—then go to sleep and wake up the next day a transformed person?

Unfortunately, God doesn’t usually work that way.

Often, we fail to reach our spiritual goals because we’re sitting back, waiting for God to change us, while He’s sitting there wondering why we don’t follow His suggestions if we want to change.

Romans 12:2New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2 And do not be conformed to this [a]world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may [b]prove what the will of God is, that which is good and [c]acceptable and perfect.

HELP ME HELP YOU HAVE A TRANSFORMED MIND!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #8  

FOR THOSE WHO PREFER THE NATURAL WAY
CLICK LINK LINK BELOW

http://www.myhealthtips.in/2013/09/t...ight-loss.html
http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/rem...ight-loss.html
http://www.homeremedyshop.com/18-saf...r-weight-loss/
http://www.homeremedyshop.com/33-hom...ose-belly-fat/

and yes .i love to research!.lol......i will try one of these
Old 09-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #9  

All those pages say not found.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #11  

Default Hi, I'm Apostolic

Praise the Lord ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to find some apostolics on this group. I love reading the Bible and look forward to going on this journey successfully. Amen!
Kept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #12  

Default Hi, I'm Apostolic/Pentecostal

I'm glad, so glad, to find a group of Apostolic people who are interested in losing weight! Fantastic! We sure do need to lose weight with all the fellowships and fried chicken and ice cream that we enjoy eating oh so much! So I'm very happy and very excited to find Apostolics out there who are interested in turning the tides rather than another piece of peach cobbler! Hahaha. So like I said earlier in one of my posts, I really enjoy reading the Bible and I insist on keeping God first and not putting exercise or or nutrition trackicking before Him. So what that means is: I make sure that I read my Bible before I do my exercises are concentrate too seriously on my diet. Of course our bodies are the temple of God and we need to take really good care of them, but the first thing that I do in the morning is make sure that I have my prayer time and my reading / searching the Word of God time. Isn't that beautiful? Of course it is, so I personally want to join with others who are committed to turning around the poor reputation that Apostolics have for being overweight but making sure that we keep God first! So I intend to share what Scriptures and aspects of my devotions that stood out each day, because that's more important than my exercising and weight loss. So today I read from two chapters of Isaiah and also I read Proverbs 11. What stood out to me the most is there's a part of the Bible in Proverbs Chapter 11 that says that a person can tend to poverty and I thought about that. I thought about ways that I can think that I am excelling but I'm actually tending to poverty. Sometimes when we choose to work overtime rather than serve God and the church, we can think that our extra money earned is helping us to excel, when in actuality if we're neglecting our ministry, we're tending to poverty. Today is my 4th day of life changing habits of eating healthy and well let's just say exercising eventually. I'm very pleased with myself as I've been staying under the 2100 calories that I've been assigned to eat and even though my body feels very light, I feel cleaner on the in side. And I'm hoping to reach my goal of losing 122 lbs early. And so far I am on track. I found a really great app called Lose It which encourages me by counting my calories and letting me know anticipated, specific day that I will reach my weight loss goal. It helps me out so much. I hope that you also find the tools which will help you. But most importantly let's all please remember to keep God first!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 AM   #13  

Default Still Reading the Bible

Today I had the pleasure of reading 2nd Samuel chapter 24, a chapter from Isaiah and Proverbs 12. What stood out for me in my reading was in 2nd Samuel 24, David paid for an offering to the Lord. A man was willing to give him the oxen and the land that he needed to make the offering for free. But David insisted on paying for the offering because he didn't want to offer to God something which cost him nothing. I thought about that because sometimes I complain about working in Ministry. I complain about taking 20 to 25 minutes out of my day to text about 500 people scriptures... as a minister or servant to God, the things that I offer God should cost me something, not always necessarily money-wise, but sincerity of heart and effort. If being in Ministry was as easy as laying in bed and sleeping under the covers, what type of an offering is that? For real? So I need to be like David and offer to God things which actually cost me something, and not expect a cakewalk in this life, I definitely know that I shouldn't be complaining. And I'm learning that being a part of the Ministry is going to cost me something. I'm glad that working in Ministry does cost me something, because I don't want to offer a "Cain-type" type of sacrifice. I should offer something which cost me, an appropriate type of sacrifice, like Abel offered. So as far as my diet goes, I went over my budget about 30 calories, and I feel okay about it but I want to do better next time. I am glad that I did have some success with not being greedy as I bought two bananas and I threw away some of a banana when I felt myself becoming full. I haven't started exercising yet, but baby steps, I'll get there. I'm just happy to be on the right road!
Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/152/105

Height: 5' 2"

Born again; 1st generation; pentecostal here. I am thrilled to find this thread this morning. I am re-starting my journey today (for the final time in Jesus' Name!). Depression, chronic pain and hopelessness got me to this highest point in my weight as of now and these are all demonic forces at work. I married an alcoholic 5 years ago thinking that "I could help him!" and in that 5 years I have gained 50 pounds and gone through **** and didn't help him at all. Beginning next week I will get a break from him for a while as he will be working out of town and only coming home on weekends (so I can keep the evil out for a while ). After doing a "house cleansing" I plan on doing a "body cleansing" fast and start taking communion daily. I'm off to the chiropractor today so hopefully he can get my body moving better again until I have built up enough faith for my healing. I want to start the Atkins diet, because it has worked well for me in the past and I love being in ketosis once the flu is over LOL. This time around I will have to drink lots more water.

Anyway, sorry about the long intro. Does anyone know of good confessions that we could be saying daily during our time with God for weight loss? I know that there are tons of confessions for receiving healing, so there has to be some or if not, maybe we can come up with our own. That would be a good project.
JBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #15  

Default Hi Sister Burton!

Praise the Lord sister Burton, I think as for now it's only you and myself in this group. This is perfectly fine with me! I'm pretty sure that it will eventually grow. I think we're both happy to have each other and other people of Apostolic faith who want to lose weight with us. Eventually others will come, hopefully. But I'm glad to have you along. As I've said in other posts, my focus is on making sure that I keep God first in my life and that I don't allow my health routine to interfere with my devotionals. You asked a question about confessions for weight loss, I don't know of any. But maybe through prayer and Bible searching, you may find what you're looking for. Today I read from Isaiah and John 10, 11 and 12 and Proverbs 14. What I noticed in Reading part of chapter 12 of John is Judas had seen Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead, yet Judas was still sneaky and conniving while trying to consider how he could have stolen the money from Mary's ointment. I found that pretty interesting. How someone could be so close to God and see the miracles but yet still have the devil in their heart and in their intentions. I've experienced that in church. I've witnessed people who go to church a lot but allow the devil to control their actions like gossiping, backbiting, bitterness, denial, lack of repenting. Reading that information about Judas gave me more insight on how to deal with church people who are influenced by the devil. Prior to reading and understanding more, I didn't really understand a lot of church people's actions. But after reading that part of the Scripture, I now understand that some people are so hardened, it doesn't matter how close they've been to Jesus or how many miracles they've seen, they will continue to have their motives and their negative influences and actions attempt to hinder others, like Judas attempted to hinder Mary and her offering towards the Christ. I know that my comment is over simplified, but, you get the general idea of what I'm saying right? Now, as far as my health journey goes, I am happy, I feel clean. A major success I had today was I went to a convenience store and I didn't buy nuts like I usually would, I looked at how many calories the nuts would have consumed on my calorie budget and I put them back. I said I'll wait until I can get some fresh fruit instead. I am very happy with my progress, so happy my body actually longs and desires to eat vegetables. I probably used to eat like 4000 calories a day, and now I keep it under 2200 calories a day and I don't feel light-headed or bad at all. I feel good. And even though I'm permitted to eat 2200 calories a day, I actually really shoot for 1500 calories a day. Because I'm really full throughout the day. And I'm enjoying eating healthier things, sincerely. How do you feel about eventually becoming healthier? And becoming a healthy and fit Apostolic? Do you have any tips for me in regards to incorporating exercise? Thank you!