General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/192/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone taking Qsymia want to support each other?

I just started today. I am seeing a doctor and dietician. This week I am on a VLCD. I can add vegetables but the rest is packaged food. It is okay. The dietician gave me advice last week and I lost 5 lbs in a week before taking the med and I hope that continues. I go back next week and then I can eat other foods. I think I will still include some protein bars or shakes for snacks.

I have the first 2 weeks of meds, but I am waiting for insurance to clear for next month. My doc will fill out the pre authorization. I am hoping that isn't too much of a hassle.
lorib64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #2  

I got really hungry in the late afternoon, but I made it through the day. I need to buy more vegetables. I had a salad. I have a list of vegetables I can add. I think that will help with the hunger. I couldn't notice a change with the Qsymia, but it was only the first day.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:40 AM   #3  
Sunnybell

S/C/G: 272.5/265.5/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi lorib64,
I started Qsymia on the 12th. So far day 1 no appetite, day 2 a few cravings. I have chosen a PALEO plan for my eating. I will give it a full week before measuring weight loss . What exercise plan will u choose? I have an appt coming up for water physical therapy and I have walked a little.
Sunnybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:34 AM   #4  

I am going to start with walking. There is a trail hiking meetup group here I would like to be able to join when I am more fit. The exercise part will be hard for me. I wish I had someone to do it with. That sounds good that it is curbing your appetite already. I get through the day but then I get hungry at night. I am on a meal plan, mostly packaged food and I don't like it very much. I have been adding some veggies which help with the hunger and taste so much better.

Water theray sounds good. I tried a water aerobics class but I was too uncoordinated. We used things to help us float.

I see the dietician Thursday. I will see what she says about diet. So far it has been lower carbs, higher protein. I was using a target calorie amount that myfitnesspal gave me, but she will give me one.

My scale isn't too accurate. It varies between a few lbs. it is okay, but I will see what the dr scale says in a week.

Thanks for responding. I haven't been able to find others taking it.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #5  
Sunnybell

Hi...well, day 3 hunger high...but determination higher...water consumption not good and might make a difference in that.
Got the call to go for physical therapy, but as I was leaving they called back and cancelled...kinda grr about that...my plate is very full already with work and grand kids etc, so rearranging my schedule is not easy.
That is why it is so easy for me to make excuses instead of exercise...
Let me know what all your dietician tells ya.
I hope when the 2 weeks are up and I go to the higher dosage it helps curb my appetite better!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #6  

That's a shame they cancelled. I am a little hungry but it isn't too bad.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #7  
Sunnybell

Another day in the books.,..hope you have a great evening. Catch up with ya here tomorrow
Old 09-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #8  

Day 5 The authorization hasn't gone through yet. I called the pharmacy and left a message at the dr's office and hope I hear something soon. So far the day is going okay. Sometimes they give us chicken salads at work if there is extra. I picked out the things I am allowed to eat and I had a protein bar. I don't really notice an effect from the medication except my mouth gets really really dry. I don't know how accurate my scale is but it says I am down about 2 lbs.

I haven't started exercising yet. I am going to walk in the morning, it has been really hot here. My husband has a pedometer somewhere and will show me how to use it. I am not sure what is a good goal yet.

Last edited by lorib64; 09-16-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #9  

Day 6 I think it is kicking in. I don't feel very hungry. I saw my doctor today. I had some bad lab tests and she went over them. She wants to follow me and see how they change with weight loss. I was nervous but she was reassuring.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #10  

The fullness went away. I got hungry in the evening so I ate a protein bar that isn't on my meal plan. I see the dietician tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #11  

I didn't lose anything the first week. My insurance won't cover Qsymia and I can't afford it. The dietician gave me some goals (1200 calories, 80g protein, walking)
Old 09-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #12  
Sunnybell

Oh no...I am so sorry they won't cover...doesn't make sense, because of all they will have to pay in other meds if weight stays high..bummer.
Congrats on your 2 lbs!!!
I don't have my first weight check for 5 more weeks still...I do start PT tomorrow ...I will check back with ya over the weekend to see how it's going...
Old 09-19-2014, 01:35 AM   #13  

Thanks. I hope pt goes well
Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #14  

Hi everyone, I tried the pill last year but didn't really give it a chance. I just took it and didn't change my eating habits. In fact, I never finished the bottle.

The doctor was willing to give it to me again, but I opted for another pill that I've done the same way. Just took it w/o changing anything. I hope y'all have good luck with it.

Lori that's great you lost 5 lbs before you started. I found it,lol. What is a VLDC diet?

I'm really, really shy and won't join any exercise groups, although I wish I would. I do have several different exercise equipment that I could use, if I wasn't so lazy.

Oh, almost forget. I've joined Quick Weight Loss Center AND Nutri System in the last 2 months and haven't followed thru with them either.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread, mainly wanted to wish you luck and find out about the diet Lori's on.
libra1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #15  

Hi libra. I was on a very low calorie diet my doctor put me on. It was mostly packaged food and I didn't like it. It was just for a week. I didn't lose weight, I think because i lost the 5lbs before. Right now I am working with a dietician, she gave me a calorie goal and proteins and I have been using myfitnesspal to count calories.

I did nutrisystem before and didn't follow through either. I got too hungry.

Exercising is the hardest part for me. I walked a 3 mile loop near me on Fri and plan to do that 3 days/week. My goal is to get enough stamina to go on a trail walk/hike with a group.