Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/162/140

Height: 5'1

Default Pushups and Breasts

I have lost 60 lbs so far very slowly over the years,the last 10 in the last year or so.Anyway,something possessed me to grab a large mirror and lay on my back naked the other day
I'm ok with the mess the girls have become while standing I guess,but I was not prepared for the horrific carnage I found as they lay beside me on the bed.Now,I KNEW they did it every night...but had never seen it. Anyway....with the loss of volume just in this last year,it looks like I have a pane of glass laying atop my breasts when on my back.The tops are flat and a bit crinkly.
My question to those who do pushups is,have you built/toned enough pectoral muscle to notice it maybe pushing out some tissue and filling in a little?
I'm 46,I don't expect a miracle but for the love of God,I'm divorced and hope to date again at some point.
beccabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Becca, unless you're planning on dating a 'man' half your age... they are used to seeing the 'girls' off to the side, lol. The only boobs that stay on top and don't move when you are on your back are the fakes and even then it's because they are encapsulated (held there by scar tissue). Sorry to burst your bubble, but even building your pecs (which by the way are flattish slabs of muscle) won't do all that much. Go on top, at least they will dangle tantalizingly within his reach, lol.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/162/140

Height: 5'1

Lol,thanks Canadjineh.
Dangling tantalizingly,and/or smothering....either way,one of us may be traumatized! Ha ha....
beccabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabutterfly View Post
Lol,thanks Canadjineh.
Dangling tantalizingly,and/or smothering....either way,one of us may be traumatized! Ha ha....
LMAO that cracked me up!! LOL

Mine are the same way and have even lost enough volume that I went from a 42 or 44D (I don't remember now - I might have been a 44DD at one point) down to a 36B and basically look like deflated balloons It sucks but my DH still loves them and I've had to accept that if I want perfect boobs, I can either use a push up bra or get a boob job.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #5  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

To jump in here, I'm 28, single, went from 275 to 155 (44J to 32E) and let me just say, I have the exact same glass pane, wrinkly effect as you do. Worse, when I lie on my back, my boobs run into my underarms. To be encouraging, after I maintained for a year, they looked a little less wrinkly and after regaining 40 lbs (which I'm working to relose), they've plumped up significantly but obviously regaining isn't the answer. The truth is that without surgery, we kind of now have what we have and we can accept them for at least being healthy even if not the most aesthetically pleasing.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Of course breasts flatten out when you lie down, including heading armpit-wards! That's what breasts do. I didn't put on weight until my thirties, and my breasts always did that before, when I was slim and with no sign of the deflating effect you can get from weight loss. I've never had a single complaint and I've had a **** of a lot of compliments. As a bi woman, I can assure you that breasts are still thoroughly attractive that way.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote