Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #1  
IP Start Date 6 Aug 2014

S/C/G: 248.8/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Goals of 100+ Loss

Thought I'd start a new thread for those of us with goals to lose 100lbs or more.

No matter where you're at in the process of losing 100+lbs on IP; join in and share your experiences. It still seems so far away to me, I'm hoping for motivation from those close to goal!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:54 AM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

I'm with you, whirly girly. Over 100 to lose here, too, and only 2 and a bit weeks into the journey.

Love some of the packets, hate others. I was going to return them for an exchange but I spent a whole day looking on the net for lots of recipes that I could incorporate the dislikes into and I think I see a way forward to using them.

I suspect that variety and novelty will become our biggest friend on this "adventure" so I'm determined to try every recipe I find - regardless of whether it's love at first bite or ugh, that was disgusting.

Some days I struggle to drink the water and others I feel like I swallowed a river.

Finding that temptation doesn't come in the form of sweet treats, but how much oil I can use in sauteeing veggies and for salad dressings. Still unsure whether the squeezy lime bottles are allowed or not and I do love a breath mint in the evening (5 cals but a couple of not-so-great sugar alternatives) just to get rid of the soy taste.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

100+ here too and about 2 1/2 months in and down 35 (as of yesterday) pounds.

Key for me is variety and having a variety of foods on hand...I pretty much have the same early AM breakfast (RTD Vanilla) and then from then on I switch up packets and meals. I certainly feel that the road is long, but this is truly the first program I have been on where I actually feel I may see my goal weight....I think the nice thing is if you are 100% op the scale usually moves even if only slightly down every week. Never before has that happened.

I also have found motivation this time like i have never had before. Maybe because it is not cheap and I am putting out a lot of money every week and If I did go off program I am only cheating myself....

Still undecided about my goal weight...thought 100lbs (actually 101) would be a good place to start and I will re - evaluate when I get closer. Right now I am looking forward to some mini milestones that I am meeting....248 was the lowest I have been in about 10 years, 230 was the weight I finished my pregnancy at (son is 16), 190 was my wedding weight (married 21 years) and I was 165 when I graduated from college!

Good Luck to all of us and this forum is fantastic for ideas and just getting questions answered....
Old 09-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Over 100 pounds for me too! 139 to be exact to get to my goal weight. I am more than 1/3 of the "weigh" there. See what I did there? LOL Just having a silly morning. It seems like a monumental task but like SG, I focus on my short term goals and that is my whole focus for the week. Sure, I sometimes dream of being at goal but I try not to dwell on it too much. I know if I keep hitting my mini goals and staying OP that I will get there. The when doesn't matter...it will be sooner than if I quit the program.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #5  

I'm also on this journey. I've been on program since April 12th. Still have a long way to go but I never imagined then that I would be this far now!
Someone posted a while back this saying, which I IMMEDIATELY put on a 3x5 card to add to my pile of response cards (for all you Beck book folks!) :
"if I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now." That really hits home for me!

I randomly picked my goal weight because I have no memory of being a "normal" weight as an adult so I guess I will just have to wait and see. For now I am trying to focus on small goals along the way. For each 25 pound loss, I buy a new charm or bead for my Brighton charm bracelet. I will be wearing that bracelet on an upcoming international trip as a reminder of how much progress I have made.
Here's to all of us making steady progress!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #6  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I picked my "tentative" goal to be an even 100. When my Dr. recommended this program, I didn't think I could do it (for many reasons), but committed to try it for 30 days. After the 30 days, I recommitted to continue until I hit 10% down. My next mini-goal is to stick to the program for 90 days (more than halfway there). I think that if I keep doing it in manageable chunks, I may actually make it to 100.

I try not to dwell on the big goal because it is still a long way off. When I do, I remind myself that I am already more than a 1/4 of the way there. And, even if I don't make it all the way there, I will be better off than when I started (I already am!)
Old 09-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Mornin y'all! TGIF!!

GraceRev - I love that quote!

Had a talk with my coach this week about where I'm at and how far I have to go. I started IP on June 30th, and as of this weigh-in lost 43 pounds. So I'm "just" under the 100 pounds to go mark. I told my coach I feel like I'm in a weird place - on the one hand, it feels good that I have less than 100 to go, but on the other hand, I still have almost 100 to go. Does that make sense?

As for my goal weight, we looked at my composition stats which (oddly) show a lot of muscle! I'm labled "solidly built" I wanted to get into the 100's and get some cushion away from the 200's, so we're shooting for 180.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for starting this thread. I have my goal set at 200, but I fully expect I will lower it to 180 when I get closer. Sadly I am a re-starter meaning I lost 170 lbs as of June 2013, over a year's time, and I gained almost all of it back within the next year. Happily I'm back on program now and I know I won't get to be off of this way of eating again. I will add some dairy and fruit in when I'm at goal. I have a "before and after" photo in my profile from 6/2012 thru 6/2013 that I have left there as a reminder where I am headed. I got rid of my large clothing as I went down in size, and gaining it back I purchased from thrift stores (I work from home - no business cloths needed so cost was better in that respect). So as I lose this time I have a few things to get back into from my current size down to size 14. Even in high school I wore 18's but that was before the vanity sizing happened. I'm in my 50's, so this is about my health, and ability to move and go places. To fit in a airline seat without a seatbelt extender and put the tray table down (and.... be able to reach my bags under the seat ahead of me to get my book or laptop out). To fit in a movie theater seat comfortably. To be able to get in the car when someone parks to close to mine. To tie my shoes with ease. I know everyone on this thread will understand these goals and relate.

Lets Do This!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate! Mine recently was the seats at the baseball park - we went Labor Day weekend and I was sitting there and realized I wasn't feeling as stuffed into the seat as I was before.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

GraceRev- Love the quote!!!

I'm in this journey with ya'll! When I started I had 126 lbs to lose to get to my goal. So far I've lost 51 lbs, 75 to go! Ladies, we can do this!! We ARE doing this!!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #11  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Mornin y'all! TGIF!!

GraceRev - I love that quote!

Had a talk with my coach this week about where I'm at and how far I have to go. I started IP on June 30th, and as of this weigh-in lost 43 pounds. So I'm "just" under the 100 pounds to go mark. I told my coach I feel like I'm in a weird place - on the one hand, it feels good that I have less than 100 to go, but on the other hand, I still have almost 100 to go. Does that make sense?

As for my goal weight, we looked at my composition stats which (oddly) show a lot of muscle! I'm labled "solidly built" I wanted to get into the 100's and get some cushion away from the 200's, so we're shooting for 180.
I totally get what you are saying looking at what is left to accomplish. I find it's much better to focus on each day just sticking to the plan and seeing where I end up at the next WI. If I look at how much I need to go it is overwhelming. When you reach over 1/2 way to goal I think it will shift for you. You are doing awesome.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I'm trying to get my sister to sign up. She is doing alts and right now her track is 276/260.4/160. She started a couple weeks ago and has been doing great on plan.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/289/220

Height: 6.0

Good luck my friends! You can do it if you put your mind too it! It take a little will power, but just look at how good you feel now, with this amount of weight gone...and how great you will feel when you reach your goal! I just recently broke the 100 pound wight loss and I haven't felt so good. At least not in my adult life! So proud of myself. Doing this has given me encouragement to do other things I need to do as well I commend you all for taking the steps to for a better you! ((hugs)) my friends!

Brad

Last edited by beardude; 09-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

There was a thread like this a few months ago that died out pretty quickly. It was so motivational to see so many others are out there with lots to loose. When I started I felt like nearly every user's stats started under 200. With a start weight in the 300's, I had trouble relating to a significant portion of what they were saying.

I've been on IP for 51 weeks and lost 97 pounds. I am thrilled to say that while reading this thread I suddenly realized I have less than 100 pounds left to loose. I still have a long way to go, but there is no way I would have believed I could be where I am now before I started.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #15  
Started IP July 28, 2014

I'm really glad you started this thread. While everyone's struggles are valid in this journey, I sometimes have trouble relating to those who only have 20 or 40 lbs to lose.

I've set my goal at 165. I'm also one who lost almost all the weight a couple of years ago and gained it all back. I was at 180 at that time, and still a size 12/14. I'm also fairly muscular, so I'm hoping at around 160/165 I'll be more where I want to be.

Just an FYI that I learned from the hospital that I did my previous diet at - if you've been morbidly obese, your body composition will never be "normal". I can't remember the exact explanation, but it has to do with muscle and other things. 160 lbs on one of us will sit very differently than someone of the same height who has never weighed more than that.

My weight loss has slowed considerably the last couple of weeks despite being 100%. I'm hoping it's just the 4/6 week slump. It's hard to picture losing 170 pounds at 2 pounds/week. I know anything is better than nothing, but it's a mental struggle picturing the year(s) to come.

Anyways, I hope we keep this thread active.
Closed Thread