Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 07:05 AM   #1  

Angry Wednesday Chat - Jan. 28

Mornin' Y'all!
Looks like I'm the early bird this morning. Finally a day without slush! We had snow Sunday and Monday the schools were closed and my youngest has been home with pink eye.. ugh! He goes back to school tomorrow! I am soooo looking forward to spring! I HATE gray days. I've been sticking to plan, although this weekend I was absolutely starving (TOM) for chocolate. I broke down and got an advantage bar, the smores flavor...omg yum. It was nice to sit with a cup of coffee and have a treat while the kids had their hot chocolate. I didn't feel deprived at all. I nibbled on it all day long. I checked out the fitday...WOW what an eye opener I didn't realize that alot of the allowable things I've been eating have carbs! I don't know if I'm losing or not because I only get on the scale once a week...but I'm alot more aware now of things I put in my mouth

Y'all have a great LC day
Old 01-28-2004, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning, wow, everyone was super chatty yesterday, omg we nearly hit 40 posts, or maybe we did, how awesome! And just as an add on I find, like star, that the higher my fat ratio, in the high 60's the faster it comes off, which makes sense with what is written in the "fat fast" section on the atkins website anyway.

Yesterday, was on site visits to clients homes, of course I pick the worse weather day to be driving all day but we don't have any good weather days it seems. I put my lunch in the fridge at one place and when I went back to get it, gone! I tried really hard not to freak out but I've got to eat! I'm not always hungry at noon but I never like to go more than the 6 hrs w/o food. So, drove home to get more, luckily made lots of taco salad the night before. But I did eat something that didn't agree with me yesterday, woke up all puffy this morning which is usually a sign of carbs somewhere but everything was fine. Maybe just the weather, who knows.

Quarterly work review is coming up next week, with my supervisors and their boss. It's always a fun time I can assure you But last quarter went fabulous so I imagine this one will as well, once I get all my admin. work caught up. So must go get some work done, before I get to work

Have a great day, happy belated anniversary Leens!
Tummy
Old 01-28-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Good morning all!
I had such a great time last night... no class... it opened up sooo much free time. I had time to actually visit with my friend instead of stopping by, using her workout equipment and dashing home so I can go to bed! My sis is doing well, yesterday was her first day of induction and she said that it was so much easier than she thought it would be. Yay! At this point, most of the people that I spend 97% of my time with are on Atkins. It makes it sooo much easier.
I do have to ask a question because I'm fairly new and I get confused easily... what exactly do dh dd and ds stand for and where did they come from?
Old 01-28-2004, 08:40 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Shimma, dh is dear husband, darling husband, dd dear daughter, ds dear son, etc....... I think

Well I'm home today because we have over 12" of snow outside. The main roads seem to be pretty good but none of the side streets are plowed or driveways so I'm not going anywhere YAHOO!!! its good to have a day off.

Had my coffee and tky sausage, time to clean the kitchen.

TTYL, Love Leenie
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Lizzy-thanks for the advice about the smores Advantage bar. If I ever go hunting for more I'll have to check that one out.

Tummy-no clues who took your salad? And how do you make taco salad (just like tacos w/out the shell?)?

Shimma-glad your sis did well on her first day. DH-darling husband. DD is darling daughter and DS is darling son. I asked that also and I think there's a thread around here somewhere that gives the shortcuts for those and many others

Looks like I'll be staying home from work today. Youngest DD finally is succumbing to the cold that's been bugging her. I was supposed to go to wal-mart after work today because I went to flip the kitchen light switch and it broke imagine a night w/out lights in your kitchen!! Luckily it was AFTER supper so we didn't have that to worry about. So as soon as oldest DD comes home or hubby gets home I get to make the trip. Might check out lights while I'm there (we're remodeling the kitchen). A ceiling fan is my idea OH OH OH!!! I managed to NOT have the chocolate cream (for lack of a better term) that I made the night before!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

lol. Leens---I think this is the 2nd time you've snuck in while I've been replying. Hope you have a great day and enjoy your snow day
Old 01-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone! It has finally stopped snowing here, and the roads actually look clear for a change. I feel like it's been snowing for a week straight. It will be nice to not have to shovel today. Today is my third day on induction and I hope that I can make it through the day. I am craving a Pepsi sooo bad! I just love the stuff! I know it is terrible for me, and I do feel better when I don't drink it all the time, I just want one. So, I'm going to keep busy in the kitchen and craft room today. Maybe it'll help keep my mind off of how bad I want sweets today.

Bizzy--I just might have to go find me an advantage bar today too, lol. Good for you for using fitday! I love it, helps keep me in line too.

Tummygirl--how do you make your taco salad? I'd love to know!

Shimma--it is great that you have other friends on the Atkins with you. I wish I could convince DH to do it with me. It would make nighttimes much easier.

Leens--enjoy your day at home! I just love snowdays!

Lady_adnerb--I hope that your daughter is feeling better soon. All three of my kids have spent time home in the last two weeks with the bug thats going around. I also put a ceiling fan in the kitchen the first week we moved into this house. I love it, it is great for when the smoke detector is going off, lol!

Jane--I just wanted to let you know that I also learned to sew when I was about 9 or 10 in 4-H. I love to sew, and do quilts. I have a few in progress, but I haven't worked on them in quite a while. I'm not a very good knitter but I like to crochet. I have a tub or two of yarn in my craft room somewhere...maybe someday.....It seems like everytime I start to work on a crochet project my Dh has to make comments about me nesting, like I'm pregnant! What is he CRAZY????
Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

I LOVE to Crochet. I'm usually making the girls hats and scarves though. I'm struggling w/my oldests hat because silly me picked out this PIA (pain in ...) yarn. *note to self..NEVER buy that stuff again!* I've got so many patterns that I've never tried but have wanted to that it's crazy. I've got one of those huge rubbermaid bins (the kind w/the hinged tops) full of yarn! I even gave some to my DD school!!

nutski----I was a pepsi nut also. What I had done was before I went on Atkins I bought the 1/2 cans so I could ween myself off the caffeine. I did end up getting headaches anyway afterwards though. lol. Now I'd LIKE a Pepsi but I don't NEED one It's great to have that one addiction licked (for now. lol)
Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 AM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

Getting in on the crafting discussion....
I used to knit in college all the time. My roommate taught me how and we used to do it all the time during the winter when we were hanging out studying or just watching TV. I know... I sound like a wild child, right? I managed to make everyone in my family these really ugly scarves for christmas one year. I used this PIA yarn that kept getting caught and I was on a mission and determined to make all of the out of this stuff. I haven't really knitted again since I left college.
I do, however, weave a mean basket! One of my high school friend's mother does it for a living and years ago I started helping her out in the summer. I must say, I'm pretty darned good at it... I was going to start my own little basket business but I went into the lotion making business instead. My sis is in on my little business with me we make hand cream, body lotion, body splash and room freshener. I would make bath gel but I really don't even want to mess with soap... too much work!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Shimma--sounds like you're a busy person. How'd you get into making lotion?
I've never learned how to knit. My mom tried teaching me but I never got the hang of it. I'm gonna try and get her to try and teach me again. lol. Poor woman. Maybe I should just stick with crocheting. I can sew a little. Nothing fancy. I've made my daughters blankets for their beds w/matching curtains and stuff. But anything more than that I've no clue how to do. I'd love to learn (again).
Old 01-28-2004, 09:30 AM   #11  

Good morning

We didn't get much of the snow they predicted. It is snowing outside my office though like crazy now....maybe they will let us out early if it keeps up

I have had the best two days....I was determined NOT to have a single cheat and I did it and it has paid off. I am down that same damn 3 pounds I keep gaining and losing. But if I continue on my no-cheat days for the rest of this week and beyond I know it will keep comin off! WOOHOO.

Froufy: I read your post from yesterday. I am so sorry you seem to be so down. I wish I had the magic to make you feel better. You could not possibly be up 6 pounds! The little side steps and TOM must be the culpret! Don't let it get to you. Just stay on track and you know you will win in the end. I'm sure it is just life stuff getting in the way right now......just hang in there. We are here if you need us.

lady_adnerb: All you crocheters should talk to Karen....she designs crocheted doll clothing (hope I got that right Karen). She posted one of her designs one time...it was gorgeous.

I drink diet caffeine free Pepsi but only have one a day. I don't think that is too bad. I can't do any caffeine...it isn't pretty.

nutski: Too funny...we are both 4H'rs. Head, Heart, Health, Hands....if I remember correctly!

Leens: 12 inches!!! We hardly got any that they predicted. I was very disappointed I had to come to work today.

Shimma: Yeah on the cancelled class. I love having free time! Having all your friends on the same woe will help a lot.

Tummy Girl: I am really trying to watch my ratios....I think the fat has been too high but I don't want it to get too low either. I agree...you lose more if it is just right.

BizzyLizzy: FitDay is great to keep you on track. Check out the review thread that was started.

Well, I am getting a little tired of all the news segments about Atkins and low carb diets lately. It is really getting to be something! Almost every night last week and everynight so far this week there has been some show that is going on about Atkins and low carb....either good or bad....the point is THIS ISN'T NEW PEOPLE. Has no one been paying attention all these years. I'm not saying that I would have done Atkins years ago either but all I know is that it is working for me and I going to stick with it. I am a little worried about all the hype...........

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by jane8760; 01-28-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

Well, when I was living with my grandmother (she had cancer) my friend and I got really tired of going out and spending money, and then we got bored of sitting at home and smoking cigarettes.... so we decided to make candles. After researching how much money it would take to get a decent candle business going I decided to think outside of the box. I went into Bath and Body Works the very next day and was completely disgusted again with how much I'll pay for decent smelling lotion (because I don't think their lotion works very well... it just smells nice) and my little company was born! Now I can make lotion in any scent I want AND make money at the same time.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies

Glad to see everyone seems happy this morning.

Shimma: love to make candles and lotion, we had alot of fun making our own paper too!

Jane: I am getting sick of the news too, I wish they would give Atkins a rest!

Lady A: my mom is a crocheter, she made me a blanket for my 9th birthday and i still have is, it's broken in just right!

Nutski: glad the snow stopped, i got so sick of it and we only had it for 4-5 days!

Leenie: any anniversary plans?? Maybe you siad yesterday and i missed it.....

Tummy: I would be hot if my lunch was missing!! I gotta eat on time or I get a little cranky! LOL

Well ladies I am making quiche for lunch and then I am off to another day of training. I hope you all have a great day! I will check in later!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Froufy: I'm so sorry you're so down. I felt down for a few weeks, and I gained 10.5 pounds. There. I said it. That's humiliating. I really don't understand it. TOM was included there, so maybe that was it. But, man, just a little off track and BAM! All that weight piles back on. It's sure a lot faster than it comes off. But, we can both get it back off. Good luck at your new job! I know you're quite the talented princess and can handle anything they throw your way!

How does a person go about making lotion??? I wouldn't have the slightest clue about where to start.

I have been plugging along, right on track. Although yesterday, I had more vegetables than usual. I was just hungry for vegetables. I felt bad at first. I was afraid I had too many, but then I started thinking that it was crazy to feel bad about eating too many vegetables, right?? I stayed in my carb limit, but did have more than the three cups. Oh, well. I'm not going to beat myself up over eating vegetables. That's ridiculous!

Tonight "The Bachelorette" is on, so I'll be getting some quality time on my glider while watching TV.

Well, I'd better get back to work. I'm swamped!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-28-2004, 10:53 AM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

jdogg: Making lotion is actually pretty simple you just need to have the basics of what it is down which is an emulsification of oil and water. After that you need to figure out your recipe (although there are many good ones online- but I couldn't do that because I wanted to sell it) after that, you put in your extras like vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter and determine how much of your oils etc you need to subtract for the added oils (sometimes none). I use a glycerin base for my lotion because it has a property that pulls water into your skin. Most lotions have an oil base.... however, most of the time your skin is dry it needs water not oil (just a little oil to "seal the deal"). Making it with a glycerin base also makes it less greasy, you can actually open up a door right after you put it on!!!
It took me probably 3 months and I don't even know how many gross batches of lotion before I perfected my "recipe". I do remember though that the first time I added color, I ended up with what looked like lemon pie filling, it was that bright!!! So, if you color it, go easy.
Closed Thread