Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #1  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Default Attempting NOT to gain weight during pregnancy

So I am now pleased to say I am in the 29th week of pregnancy (28weeks+1) and with my first pregnancy I put way too much weight on.

I went from being about 9st7 to being about 11st7 after birth plus another stone on during breast feeding.

Well this time as I am also in the middle of wanting to lose 7 stone I wanted to make sure history didn't repeat itself.

So at 28 weeks I have gained 5 pounds so far and I am on course not to gain anything during my pregnancy.

I obviously hope it stays this way but you never know!

Anyone else trying to maintain their pre-pregnancy weight?
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I am.

I have a thread in which I basically just talk to myself and report progress - folks stopped commenting, which is totally understandable. I am turning 29 weeks and am being quite careful about weight gain. I started at 200, dropped down to 190 and am back up at 192.

5lbs at 28 weeks is very good. Even if you gained another 5, those 10 will come off on the delivery table.

How careful are you being with the composition of your diet? In order to be comfortable with gaining zero weight, I was incredibly mindful for the first two trimesters. I ate more produce in those 6 months than in the 2 years preceding, maintained fiber and protein gram counts, and of course prenatal vits. Now, entering the third, I am relaxing (and consequently, gaining a few ounces a week. Ah well.)

Last edited by jeminijad; 09-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #3  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminijad View Post
Yep, I am.

I have a thread in which I basically just talk to myself and report progress - folks stopped commenting, which is totally understandable. I am turning 29 weeks and am being quite careful about weight gain. I started at 200, dropped down to 190 and am back up at 192.

5lbs at 28 weeks is very good. Even if you gained another 5, those 10 will come off on the delivery table.

How careful are you being with the composition of your diet? In order to be comfortable with gaining zero weight, I was incredibly mindful for the first two trimesters. I ate more produce in those 6 months than in the 2 years preceding, maintained fiber and protein gram counts, and of course prenatal vits. Now, entering the third, I am relaxing (and consequently, gaining a few ounces a week. Ah well.)
Well I am now at 13 stone so still going well. I remember my first weigh in of 2014 I was 13 stone 2 and this baby was conceived in March so to say I am still less with a 29wk baby it gives me a great buzz! So even if I put on another half a stone I will still be less after the baby is born that I was before pregnancy!

For me my diet in the first trimester wasn't great because I had morning sickness and usually involved lots of fruit, cherry tomatoes and toast and small portions of chicken and vegetables for lunch.

Since then though its been much healthier with lots of fruit, veg, chicken, milk, cheese etc.

I have found what is hardest is that living in Portugal its the Med diet and life has always revolved around rice and seafood and its banned when pregnant and it feels like I have had to go on a diet just for pregnancy.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #4  

This is a nice thread to find. I just posted on the introduction page. I feel like I am already overeating and only a little bit along. I feel nauseous when I do not eat and that is not helping. Plus I am having dairy cravings like crazy. My goal right now is to have a fit pregnancy. Swim, yoga, elliptical, but most importantly just stay off the food so heavily.
I am not dieting to lose extra but I am just at a healthy weight and I feel like my chance of gaining a ton is high if I keep on like I have been.
Props to you girls for doing so well
ThreeDogsandPreg is offline   Reply With Quote