Old 09-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Fabulous Forty Something Fall Thread

HI folks, here's your thread and here's your challenge. WE are going to see how much progress we can make until October 15....why that day you ask? Because I just picked it , thats why...LOL....That is when taxes are due if you had an extension.

State your goals
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #2  
Never Give Up!!

S/C/G: 235/226.6/150

Height: 5'8"

Zumbachica Oct 15th sounds like a perfect date!! My first grand baby will be one on the 13th and my second daughter is getting married on the 19th, so I have lots of motivation to want to lose by that date

My goal is to be down to 215 by 10/15!! I will need to add more cardio and strength training to my incline walking to reach that level of loss, but I'm ready! Let's do this thing
fool4fotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #3  

Okay well it looks like it is just you and I...but thats okay Marriage and grand baby..oh my you are being blessed ..how wonderful!!!!! That is a whole lot of motivation...

WE got this!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #4  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Okay well it looks like it is just you and I...but thats okay Marriage and grand baby..oh my you are being blessed ..how wonderful!!!!! That is a whole lot of motivation...

WE got this!

I'm still here! I just had a busy weekend is all. My goals are just pretty unexciting; keep eating healthy, no junk, keep exercising... The weight is coming off very slowly, but it is coming off...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/162/134

Height: 5'2"

i am back at it. Far from making my goal in August, i gained.

So, back at it, with a vengence. Smaller me, here I come!!
AnnieB4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.4/187.4/125

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to join in. My goals are:

To maintain eating a mainly whole foods vegan diet (though not being too obsessed with it and allowing myself some fun stuff, like dark chocolate) but keeping the calories to no more than 1500.

To exercise 20-30 minutes a day

To read instead of watch TV in the evenings

To practice breathing relaxation for stress management (since stress causes me to binge eat)

Djuna
djunamod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #7  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I'm here too!

My goals are to reach at least 80% of my daily points on my fitness tracker and to get to get to 240lbs. The weight loss goal is ambitious, but I prefer to set my sights high.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #8  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Meh, just did my weekly weigh-in. I'd still rather lose slowly and keep it off, but at my current rate, I calculate reaching goal weight in four years. Confetti.

Anyway, I went running today on schedule, am currently enjoying a large glass of water, and am thinking about what, if anything, I need to change. On the one hand, it *is* coming off, otoh, I wouldn't mind if it came off a little faster, but don't want to overdo it and sabotage my (incredibly slow but at least overall steady) progress.

How are you peeps doing? Djunamod, I like your avatar.
Twish, I'm vegetarian, but not vegan. I love beans, though
Hello AnnieB, haven't seen you around here before

Fool4, Zumba, how are we doing out there?
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #9  

WELL HELLO EVERYONE!!! So nice to see you all...here are my goals:

I commit to the following workout schedule: Kickboxing two to three times a week, resistance training twice a week and this is in addition to my zumba classes.

I am going to follow the 5:2 diet . Two days of restricted calories, five days of more calories yet low carb. I haven't decided which days will be the low calorie days.

I hope to see 140 by the end of this challenge. Its a long shot but crazier things have happened.

I'm also going to take care of all my doctor appts this month...been putting things off for too long!!!

Today i will be doing my resistance work at home because i am taking a friend to her oncologist appt and then to lunch while she can still enjoy it ...before she starts really aggressive chemo. But normally on Tuesdays i'll be at the gym lifting weight.

So happy to see everyone, personals later.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #10  
Never Give Up!!

Good morning everyone

Slowly....very slowly getting my alcohol under control. I really don't understand. I don't normally drink, but am feeling the need to have a beer or two or three with the boyfriend in the evenings while catching up.

Still getting the walks in, but my weight is extremely up and down by just a few lbs everyday.

Not discouraged (more confused) and feeling more motivated to up the cardio game, just haven't made that step yet. Mostly just not taking the time to do my own thing and hang with my guy.

Good to see more responses. I'm feeling the love and support. Will have better news in the next few days that I've got my act together
Old 09-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #11  

I'll join in. The fall is the easiest (not that it's ever easy...) time of year for me to diet, mostly because of my husbands work schedule. I am going doing some mish-mosh of south-beach/paleo kind of low carb stuff. The hardest part for me will be no beer. But here we go. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by then. I know that is a reasonable goal since I lost 8 pounds once on Southbeach phase one which is only 2 weeks. I've been running a lot and I am entered in a half-marathon in early Oct. All of the running I've been doing lately has not helped me to lose weight. I think I need to do other exercises besides running so I have started to lap swim once a week, maybe I will occasionally have the time to go twice.
Anyway, it is going to be nice chatting with all of you while we support each other on our quests to become more healthy.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #12  

Default We Got This Ish!

Apple Blossom Ithink you have a reasonable goal especially if you are doing a low carb type of plan.

fool4fotos I hear ya' on cutting back on alcohol..I'm not a big drinker but I do like to socialize....and going out usually means having a cocktail or two....or wine or a corona deepending on where i'm hanging out. I"m going to try and refrain from all that and if that means going out less then so be it.

Magicsusan I laughed out loud when you said confetti.... I don't believe in losing weight slowly....to me that isn't making progress. Unless i have spurts of quick loss coupled with some weeks of slow loss things just don't progress. I can gain five lbs due to PMS or a sodium rich meal, so these people that say be happy losing one lb a week doesn't help me much....HOWEVER real weight loss does take time and we do need to be patient to a certain degree.

TWISH Aim for the stars girlfriend!!! Theres nothing wrong with setting your goals high...

DJUNA those seem like great goals

Annie I came very close to goal in August and then gained some of it back...so frustrating I know..but here we are..back on the horse Missy!!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #13  
Never Give Up!!

Zumbachica I'm not a big drinker either, so I have to figure out what this is about. I'm starting to find myself substituting alcohol for food.

My oldest will be in STL this Thurs and my second had her fitting for her wedding dress today. She is absolutely beautiful. I can feel the "realness" of it all hitting. Maybe that is the source????
Old 09-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool4fotos View Post
Zumbachica I'm not a big drinker either, so I have to figure out what this is about. I'm starting to find myself substituting alcohol for food.

My oldest will be in STL this Thurs and my second had her fitting for her wedding dress today. She is absolutely beautiful. I can feel the "realness" of it all hitting. Maybe that is the source????

Well all kind of excitement and change can throw us off track , even if the things are good things like a wedding. I don't have any answers, I eat compulsively in good times and bad. We tend to exchange something for food when we eat less...for me that was coffee....i need to get a "fix" somehow...but now coffee isn't hitting the spot either....have to find other ways to fill this "void"/
Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #15  

hey all...today is a "FAST " Day which means lower end on the calories. Im following the 5:2 diet but not to the extreme like some do.....I did this a few months ago and it does indeed work....so here I am again..hoping to make it a lifestyle and not some temporary diet.

Looks like Fall here for the first time...a little dark, a bit colder this morning. Dread the shorter days because I tend to want to hibernate and you guessed it.....EAT. But one day at a time....

Hope everyone here has a good day!!