Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #1  

Default help

Ive been on IP for 3 weeks and lost 16 pounds....Ive done very well and not cheated but last night popped a handful of grapes in my mouth before I even thought about it....Ive not had tempting food in my house but have family visiting ....did I mess up too bad?????
blondgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #2  

No. Forget about it and move on. Keep doing what your doing ......minus the grapes.....and you will be fine!
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Don't worry about it as it's over and done. It's not like you had a bowl of ice cream. Now I know we can't have fruit on phase 1 due to the carb count, but at least you ate something healthy. Move on.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I'm always baffled at questions like this but then I remember that the education IP dieters get is misleading at best.

My advice would be to educate yourself about how fat loss/gain works. Hint - we don't lose fat because we're in ketosis.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Blondgirl: you might want to try keeping up with the '100% no cheat zone' thread which I've bumped for you - that will help you with your commitment and keeping yourself from mindlessly grazing, lol. RE: John's comment... I agree that some IP coaches aren't the best and simplify things a bit much. Don't worry about it. Those of us on this forum who have had coaches who keep up with their information and have also been through the program can help you out in understanding what is happening in your body.

Liana

New York Times article from 3 days ago - latest research from National Institutes of Health: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/02/he...diet.html?_r=0

Last edited by canadjineh; 09-04-2014 at 06:19 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm always baffled at questions like this but then I remember that the education IP dieters get is misleading at best.

My advice would be to educate yourself about how fat loss/gain works. Hint - we don't lose fat because we're in ketosis.
I'm in ketosis and I'm losing fat.

Whether it is ketosis that directly causes fat loss, or the effects of ketosis that causes me to be less hungry, therefore eating less, which results in fat loss, who cares?

Maybe someone stressing about eating a few grapes seems ridiculous to those not following IP, but to those who are, it can be stressful as you want to follow the protocol as close to 100% as you can.

There is no perfect "diet" for everyone; we have to find what works best for us as individuals, while still being open-minded and realizing that whatever works best for me may not be what is best for someone else.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

Whether it is ketosis that directly causes fat loss, or the effects of ketosis that causes me to be less hungry, therefore eating less, which results in fat loss, who cares?

Maybe someone stressing about eating a few grapes seems ridiculous to those not following IP, but to those who are, it can be stressful as you want to follow the protocol as close to 100% as you can.

There is no perfect "diet" for everyone; we have to find what works best for us as individuals, while still being open-minded and realizing that whatever works best for me may not be what is best for someone else.
I agree!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

Well said, I also agree!
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

JohnP - I do not know you but I am going to just jump in on this.

There are all sorts of people on this site from all backgrounds, all walks of life, all over the country. Some are bold and curious, some may be just quiet people bravely trying something new and reaching out.

All of them are trying and that is what counts. Whatever question they are asking deserves consideration and respect.

Equally, as in ALL professions and walks of life, there are people who do their job incredibly and some who may not be great communicators. They each also deserve consideration for their humanity and not to be condemned with one sweep.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

LOL - for those of you who do not know JohnP he actually has some interesting and informative posts sometimes.

Unfortunately, he suffers from the mistaken belief that anyone on IP is just blindly following whatever they are told by IP. It apparently never occurs to him that most of us are intelligent people who have done our research, are well aware of how IP works and have chosen this program as the best way for us to lose weight and maintain that loss.

So I'd take anything he says about IP as showing his ignorance and bias and the rest as interesting information.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
LOL - for those of you who do not know JohnP he actually has some interesting and informative posts sometimes.

Unfortunately, he suffers from the mistaken belief that anyone on IP is just blindly following whatever they are told by IP. It apparently never occurs to him that most of us are intelligent people who have done our research, are well aware of how IP works and have chosen this program as the best way for us to lose weight and maintain that loss.

So I'd take anything he says about IP as showing his ignorance and bias and the rest as interesting information.
Well said!!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #12  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondgirl View Post
Ive been on IP for 3 weeks and lost 16 pounds....Ive done very well and not cheated but last night popped a handful of grapes in my mouth before I even thought about it....Ive not had tempting food in my house but have family visiting ....did I mess up too bad?????
Don't worry about the grapes. Just stay 100% IP and move on. Today is a new day
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

I was going to comment as I remember JohnP VERY WELL from my last IP go-around, but I refrained

John follows Lyle McDonald's teachings on dieting - the resources ARE good and I know a few people who used his books to guide their maintenance eating, but as Ruth Ann said, he views IPers as nothing more than sheep. Some of us have actually done some research and aren't just spewing the IP party line
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Baaaaaaaaaaa. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Sure, I'm a sheep. I'm a sheep that's following the IP herd to my goal weight!! :P

ETA: :Sarcasm intended in post above:

I did my research before jumping on the IP train and continue to get a lot of good information here and from my coach.

Last edited by kissi; 09-05-2014 at 11:27 AM.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I couldn't find a sheep but that kind of looks like one! Here's to the sheep among us!

And blondgirl - sorry if your thread got somewhat off-track. I agree with everyone else - just get back on track and forget about it. Slips happen and you should be fine.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote