Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~September Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you when you turned 50? 60? 70? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31, very cute little doggie! Both are cute! I want another one.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

It is kind of dreary here today ~ has rained lightly off and on. The rain is good for the plants/trees, but I miss the sunshine. I feel better when it is sunshiny out.

Feeling in kind of a funky mood today, partly because of no sunshine, partly because of eating wrong ~ stupid of me ~ I do it ~ know I will feel yucky after and do it anyway. And partly because of family stuff.

DGS invited me over yesterday to help him make the homecoming mum thing for his girlfriend. They had already done some work on it before she went to work. He needed more ribbon, so we went to the store to get some. When we got back to his house, his dad's car was there. Son-in-law is an ex, but DD still lets him come over. The time last year before the divorce was final was horrible, and I have no desire to be anywhere around the jerk. I felt bad, but I told DGS that I didn't think I could come in, because it would be too uncomfortable. I said it quietly and was not mean. I felt like he was disappointed, but hoped he understood (he is 16, so he probably does). I told him that if his dad was not there today, I would be glad to come help him. He said that maybe he could bring the stuff over to my house. I haven't heard from him today. I am hoping that maybe his mom helped him, or his girlfriend came over again to help him and that maybe mom took him to the store if he needed more stuff.

You'll have to forgive me ~ just don't feel up to doing the personals today. Maybe later, but I can't promise that.

Thinking of you all and hope you are having a good weekend. Prayers and good thoughts for those who need them.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you Bobbi!

Gayle....I know how hard that was for you, but read back what you wrote. You did not apologize for your feelings. You are validating Gayle. Good job.

I am exhausted. Cooked all day after chasing Robby all over this morning. He escapes and heads North. One block North is marsh/swamp/critters. Think he's half fox.

I'll BBL to do personals. k3
Old 08-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #5  

Hi everyone,another nice day sunny but cold. we had frost this morning ugh its a bit early. went to church and they all sang happy anniversary to us. hard to believe steve and I have been together married 45 yrs and dated for 2 yrs befor that. not always happy,hills and valleys,but we have grown comfortable with each other and wouldn't have it any other way. lots of laughter and compromise steve is gearing up for moose hunting. sure hope we get one,we split with sil and grs. sure helps on the grocery bill. Gayle so sorry you have the blues,i think we all feel that way every so often K3 your meal sounds divine. My oven died and cant purchase anew one till November so im learning new microwave techniques Hope you all had a fun weekend. rosey
Old 09-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #6  
Bobbi

It's dark and dreary here too Gayle...did you send it up from Texas? I wouldn't have gone in the house where jerk ex-SIL was either and kids are smart...they know what's going on. Count it as a blessing your grandson wants your help.

You're welcome K3. You must be a fast worker to get all that food made after the phone call of visitors coming.

Rosey...In the summer I don't turn the oven on because of heating up the house. This house has no air conditioning because it has no heat vents. (hot water heat in copper tubing). I've learned to make lots of things in the crock pot. Bruce was hungry for apple crisp last week and I found a really good recipe using the crock pot. (The top actually got crispy) While looking I also found a recipe for Cinnamon rolls. OH STOP! Since he doesn't need to watch his weight, I might try them and pray for my mouth to be glued shut until the rolls are gone.

Ta Ta
Old 09-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #7  
Jacksonville, FL

Congrats on 35 years! I know what you mean being comfortable with on another😀
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Bobbi k3 can supply you with super glue. She's threatened me a time or two with it.

Cajun
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Went to movies this weekend to see "Trip to Italy." I do NOT recommend it. Tomorrow is book club day. We are discussing March. The story of the father of the family in Little Women. Pretty good read.

Have a great Labor Day,

Lynn
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I am working very hard at spoiling Bella!! It is just so easy!! But she can be a trouble maker too!! Got to push those boundaries----I have a hard time convincing her that I am the boss and I do out weigh her!!! LOL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10409091_10204753841348680_8709856923124460534_n.jpg (27.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #11  
Bobbi

I made Bruce the cinnamon rolls in the crock pot. The recipe is now in the re-cycled paper box, the outsides burned black and inside was doughy. The oven is the only place for cinnamon rolls, trust me on this.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi GG's. I'm back from the long weekend. It rained Friday night and all day Saturday. I played musical chairs with the recliner and my bed. I took naps, read, and played on my phone. Just a little tv. I'm not too much for tv. I have to be on the mood besides dh had it superglued to his hand. We fished Sunday for a few hours and Monday for a couple hours. Yesterday I took pics of ds and his bride to be for their couple shower. Work today and I have a pokeno game tonight. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I did pretty good on the weekend but I'm thinking the sodium is still too much.

Bobbi... I made a lava cake one time in the crock pot and it was gooey. I agree oven us best. How's Dami. Any change in his choices? Bobbi I'm curious about something you said about not having air condition in your house. What is the average temp where you live? Does it get hot in your house in the summer. What about window units? Or they just not needed? We would die of heat stroke without air conditioners.

K31....Bella is adorable. She will surely keep you busy.

Lynn..... I can't remember the last time I went to the movies. I'll take a wild guess and say 25 years.

Rosey.....a beautiful pic of you and your love. Y'all look so sweet together. I could just squeeze you both.

Gayle.... Dreary weather makes me depressed too. Mostly it's because it's ruined my camping plans. I was so tired this weekend I didn't care it was raining but have to admit I could only take 1 day of that. Did grandson get his mum finished? I'm sure he understood your feelings.

K3........ Did everything turn out good for your company that arrived 1 hour later ? Your new baby is a cutie. You and k31 are going to be exhausted and skinny running after your young pups.

Hi Carol Sue, Dee, Tam and anyone else I missed. Be back later.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #13  
Bobbi

Quote:
Bobbi... I made a lava cake one time in the crock pot and it was gooey. I agree oven us best. How's Dami. Any change in his choices? Bobbi I'm curious about something you said about not having air condition in your house. What is the average temp where you live? Does it get hot in your house in the summer. What about window units? Or they just not needed? We would die of heat stroke without air conditioners.
Cajun...average summer temps are mid 80's. We had central air in our country home and very rarely used it. We had a few days of 100 degrees one year and used the air for about a week, then shut it off. In our house in town we don't have heat vents in the house where air can reach the rooms. All the rooms have baseboard hot water heat running thru copper tubing, it's great for my allergies. (No dust build-up like in the traditional vents) Our home in town is about 18 feet away from a gigantic woods on the west side, many trees on the east and south so not much sun can penetrate our house. These old houses with the plaster wall don't heat up like new homes, fortunately for us. Bruce insisted on putting in a window air conditioner upstairs where my craft/sewing room is, I didn't use it at all this summer. I am a cold blooded person also, my hands and feet are usually cold. Bruce teases me that I only take my wool socks off in July. I don't sweat, never have. That's probably a medical problem and would be in trouble if I had to work all day in the sun and couldn't sweat.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-02-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Yippee sunshine today. Well it was there ~ now behind a cloud ~ sun come back please

Trying to be “good” with the eating and exercise. I have to undo the damage that was done over the summer. It hurt, but updated my ticker so it is correct. One day down of eating better and exercise, onward and downward. Scale moved in the right direction this morning. If anything ~ the activities over the summer and having meals out more than I had been used to ~ I'll chalk it up to a learning experience and hopefully will be able to better plan and deal with these situations in the future.

Dianna ~ glad you got a chance to rest. You are always so busy you probably needed it.

Bobbi ~ thank you for the information on the crock pot cinnamon rolls. How is your foot doing? How is Dami doing?

Karen MO ~ Bella is so cute ~ hope Sissy gets used to her and that maybe Bella will grow on her. How are you doing?

Lynn ~ glad to see you more often. Miss you when you are not here. When is your knee surgery coming up?

Rosey ~ congratulations on your milestone of 45 years with Steve. That is an accomplishment in this day and age. I can identify with the hills and valleys of a relationship.

Deelou ~ congratulations on your 50 years ~ great picture of you and your husband. Thank you for sharing.

Karen FL ~ thank you for your kind words. How is Robby doing? Is Dash getting used to him/liking him?

Mary ~ miss you.

Donna ~ how is your hip doing now? How are Samson and Granny Mom doing?

Lucinda ~ has your foot healed up from your mishap?

Hi Carol Sue, WebWoman, TamTam

I am coming down the home stretch on a baby afghan for a former coworker. It was an easy pattern, but I think for the next one I make I want to try a different pattern. I have three more to make. One is going to be a little smaller ~ I found a pattern for one that you use to cover the baby while it is in a car seat.

Got plenty to keep me busy. Finishing Mom's picture memory quilt/wall hanging thing. Some clothes to make for her. Hopefully all these things will keep my hands busy and out of the food

Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #15  
Bobbi

As to Dami...he promised to have an evaluation at Teen/Adult Challenge. The counselor also got Dami to promise not to drink for 6 months, Dami said he would not drink. He promised to check into treatment if he did. He left very upset and we haven't heard from him since. I don't know how labor day week-end went for him, if he drank. He lives in Rochester, Mn and we live 60 miles away. We didn't get any phone calls over the week-end so hopefully he behaved himself.
Thanks for asking, he's always on my mind.
Closed Thread