Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/30 - MON 9/1 (US long weekend!)

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #2  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Headed to Vegas in a bit. Packed my case full of Quest bars! Looking forward to some fun time, and a tour of the Hoover Dam.

I've been sick all week, bad cold, lost my voice, took 2 days off work. Had a hard time getting all my packets in on some days as I felt so bad. So, I weigh in this morning (at home) and scale says I gained 2 pounds! I know it's just a number, but dang!!! I have a Tanita scale, and only just this morning figured out how to use the fat % monitor. Says I'm 45% body fat. Don't know what it was before.

This is my 7th week, and perhaps I was due for a gain at some point, but anyone else experience getting sick and gaining?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #3  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
Morning all! Headed to Vegas in a bit. Packed my case full of Quest bars! Looking forward to some fun time, and a tour of the Hoover Dam.

I've been sick all week, bad cold, lost my voice, took 2 days off work. Had a hard time getting all my packets in on some days as I felt so bad. So, I weigh in this morning (at home) and scale says I gained 2 pounds! I know it's just a number, but dang!!! I have a Tanita scale, and only just this morning figured out how to use the fat % monitor. Says I'm 45% body fat. Don't know what it was before.

This is my 7th week, and perhaps I was due for a gain at some point, but anyone else experience getting sick and gaining?
Hi Tuscany, sorry you have been feeling unwell. I'm hoping you are feeling much better for your trip to Vegas. How exciting! Wish I were going
I know there are lots of posts in the past about the accuracy (or in accuracy) of the floor scales that measure body fat. I believe they depend a lot on how hydrated you are, etc. I have a metal implant and the directions I've read already disqualify my use of them from their perspective. Anyway I wouldn't trust the body fat reading as accurate. Gaining weight could be several factors, though I'd go with water retention as the number one culprit if you stuck to plan. Medications, the big C, swelling can all show as a gain. You are doing great, relax and expect it to work it's way out as you get feeling better. However, if you are flying to Vegas, you could experience water retention from the flight but in only lasts a few days. This happens to me on long flights.

Relax and congratulations on preplanning your trip! Stick to plan and you will be just fine.

Barb
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #4  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Have fun in Vegas. Knock on wood I haven't been sick while on the program so I can't help. It's not unusual to have a week where you are up though.

We'll, I'm two pounds away from onederland. I was really hoping to be there by Labor Day but oh well. Hopefully next Saturday. Hope everyone has a nice long weekend.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Being a daily weigher my weight goes up and down all week. I went up two last week for no reason. Ijust keep on staying OP and know that it will come off if I do. Have a great time in Vegas. I've been wanting to go for a while now.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #6  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday All,
I have been demonstrating wool spinning at the fairgrounds last two Fridays. I have a double treadle spinning wheel (both feet go on pedals to make it go) and it feels so much more comfortable to spin with the weight loss so far. There of course is the usual fair food around people waking around eating it. I ate before I went, and I packed some homemade jerky if I got hungry and a 24 ounce bottle of water (with lemon). I was hungry yesterday, just couldn't feel satisfied (don't need to feel "full" just not hungry) even after a big salad and waiting 30 minutes. I tried to drink more water, and ended up needing to eat a good portion of my dinner protein (turkey burger) which really helped. It was good plan to do anyway because my fair demo was from 6 (though I got there at 5 pm) till 10 PM. Thankfully the rest of the day was smooth sailing, and I got to exercise my smile muscles the whole evening. It was a very fun night with friends and teaching those who were interested on spinning wool.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I've decided to start mixing in some alternative products with my IP food. I don't want to be dependent on IP food when I go into maintenance since I"ll probably be doing a P1 or P2 day here and there. Also, I'm starting to think about getting my finances in better shape and saving a lot more, more consistently, so anything I can cut down costs on will help. I ordered 12 bars from Quest to replace my restricteds for the next week and a half and I'm going to pick up some EAS shakes later.

I'm still going to be getting food from my clinic, but not quite as much. I'm kind of hoping they just won't notice, but not really sure what to say if it comes up. I don't know what they would do if I said I was using alternative products, though I know one coach there dismissed the idea of alternatives entirely and said her client who tried it started gaining. Not sure if I believe that and who knows if that particular client had the nutritional guidelines for IP-appropriate food. Anyway, I'll find out I guess!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Today is the first Saturday in five weeks that I'm actually home! So excited for the ease of staying OP instead of having to prep a weekend's worth of food in a single day or having to find OP items when eating out. Looking forward to doing NOTHING this weekend. :-)
Old 08-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I've decided to start mixing in some alternative products with my IP food. I don't want to be dependent on IP food when I go into maintenance since I"ll probably be doing a P1 or P2 day here and there. Also, I'm starting to think about getting my finances in better shape and saving a lot more, more consistently, so anything I can cut down costs on will help. I ordered 12 bars from Quest to replace my restricteds for the next week and a half and I'm going to pick up some EAS shakes later.

I'm still going to be getting food from my clinic, but not quite as much. I'm kind of hoping they just won't notice, but not really sure what to say if it comes up. I don't know what they would do if I said I was using alternative products, though I know one coach there dismissed the idea of alternatives entirely and said her client who tried it started gaining. Not sure if I believe that and who knows if that particular client had the nutritional guidelines for IP-appropriate food. Anyway, I'll find out I guess!
I have been on alternatives all along. I don't eat the restricted Quest bars though. In use the ones that fit into the guidelines. I also order some white cheddar snacks from Nashua Nutrition. I have lost so, if you coach is telling you alternatives don't work it isn't true. I think they probably don't like the fact that people have figured out an alternative plan that works and they can't benefit from making money off them. We do get the benefit of coaching though. I see from reading these threads that not all coaches know what they are doing.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #10  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

@rhondac — Oh, Rhonda, that is such excellent encouragement and celebration from your clinic! And I hope it means you were the winner! (And that in seeing such great results, they decide to maybe have a regular contest for their clients as that extra bit of motivation for folks—wouldn’t that be cool?!!)

Thanks Pancakes....I did indeed win the massage!

This week....2 pound drop early in the week, making that 10 pound loss since starting my 100% compliance/no alcohol 12 days ago. Since Wednesday, nothing at all. I'm pretty bummed to see the same number on the scale for 4 days...and eating 800 calories. Oh well, just a headgame.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Tuscanny - hope that you are feeling better. enjoy your trip to Vegas. I'm heading there the end of October with my mom.

Sophie - so close to onederland - keep up the great work and you'll be saying bye to the 200's forever.

Halfagain - that sounds really interesting doing all that wool spinning. I was at a fair today at talk about having to work the resistance muscle - so much food and smells. sounds like you did some great planning.

I had my first P2 lunch today, 2 cup cut up veggies and home made hamburger. very yummy but it feels weird to not be having IP. I am looking forward to my IP snack.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh.....I forgot how much *fun* day 2 is.....

Had that familiar headache this morning, so threw some salt into my water and chugged it down. That helped, until the "i want to gnaw my arm off" hunger hit this afternoon. I'm pushing through though! It's just a couple of days in the grand scheme.

The good news is, I picked up all my favorite alternatives today so I am locked and loaded for the next 4 weeks! I'll be spending time this afternoon planning out next week and setting up my "Grab and go" packets (I plan out which packets I will use each day, and put them in ziploc bags by the day. That way I can just grab that day's baggie and go!) and meals for the evenings.

Tuesdays will be tough because I go straight from work to a class that starts at 5 and gets out at 10 without a long enough break for a meal. I have to come up with an evening meal that can be eaten while I'm driving to class...I'm thinking lettuce wraps and a baggie of raw veggies should do the trick, but we'll see how it goes
Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello all! Got the whoosh I was hoping for! Down 2.4 this week. Only 15 lbs to get to goal. I'm so excited. I haven't been this small in..well.. I really can't remember. I went to a 50% of sale at Goodwill and picked up 4 pairs of jeans in sizes 8-10 for $17 and felt so good knowing that I will be able to wear these in no time at all. I found a local farmers market quite by accident and bought some juicy red beefsteak tomatoes. I love them sliced with salt. Having that for dinner tonight with a steak. Yummo!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #14  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Scorbett...the bags for each day sound like a great idea!
I'm thinking that lettuce wraps while driving sounds messy ( I can picture myself covered in bits by the time I arrived). Could you swap and do dinner at lunch sometimes on Tuesdays (and have a bar + veggies in the car at dinner time?) or maybe do a dinner of lean ham or chicken slices around dill pickles....or lean ham cubes + veggies sticks? I do a lot of meals on the road...both on planes & driving & these work well for me....
Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #15  

Question still learning

Question?
Is broth(any type) and chicken other than breast allowed on P1? I’ve seen ppl speak about cooking with broth and eating other parts of the chicken besides the breast.
Closed Thread