South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Marvelous Monday, August 25

Good Morning

Kirk went over the hill yesterday and so I'm up attempting a project before I head to work. I am down to one work shirt because the others all have holes under the arms. Sadly, the new shirts they bought for us are cheap and I don't like them nearly as well. I'm doing a patch job with a matching black tee that's too big and I've accomplished 2 to my satisfaction so am stopping for coffee and to say hello! (PS Did I mention I'm not a seamstress!)

Funny story….yesterday I got to work and the hostess looked at me funny and said, "What are you doing here?" I had that second moment of confusion….."It's Sunday right? I always work Sunday". She was off a day but it threw me for a loop. LOL

So, work today, and I'm not doing much afterward. I'll take advantage of being by myself, for sure!

What's going on with all of you this week? Stop and say hi!

PS Twynn, yes, you were missed! It seemed longer than two days, though!

Pearlrose, I just can't believe your heat wave! I don't watch the news to see what's happening anywhere else but we're definitely cool here.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-25-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, that hostess must have been on the same planet that I was yesterday morning. Today IS Monday ... I think. The thread title is my first hint.

I guess my day mistake threw me off yesterday because I was sort of discombobulated all day: silly things like going to the Mill without my keys, making coffee and forgetting to drink it, looking for Millie in the yard when she was inside the house. I hoped a good sleep would straighten out the brain cells but I woke with a start at 3, thinking I'd missed the alarm! Tried to go back but the brain had turned on.

We are promised a week or so of decent weather so I guess it's too soon to pack away the summer things. Several days in August I wore corduroy pants and a fleece jacket.

Not sure what the day will bring but do know there are some peaches asking to be frozen and kale begging to go into the dehydrator. I'm sure I'll be able to fill in the day. I can always cut bamboo again!

Whatever Monday brings, enjoy it but stop in to say Hi first.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Ruth! I've been noticing I've been a little more forgetful....losing my keys, etc....I think by this time in the Summer we've been pushing ourselves for months trying to fit everything in AND are also thinking about what we have to do before W----r comes. I know I'm thinking about that, anyway. Have a great day! Peaches sound really great right now!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to work out but my day is full of meetings so thought I would pop in real quick. It is a very foggy morning this am sure hope it clears a bit before I have to drive in it. Another hot day in store for us you can cut the humidity with a knife.

Debbie that sounds like a great plan to extend your work shirts. I think everyone was disoriented yesterday I know I was.

Ruth I hope today goes better for you, my kids tell me I am getting more forgetful and I am like whatever

Alright off I go to workout in the living room; not going outside with that humidity.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and is it really Monday?

It's comforting to me to know the rest of you also have those moments of forgetfulness. I think my brain just can't hold all the information it's given, and sometimes some falls out!

It will be a quiet day at the farm with both girls back in school today, and I will be eagerly waiting for the school bus this afternoon. I especially am looking forward to Maggie telling me about her first day in middle school. I have to admit that I'm going to miss the elementary school and having to pick her up every day, but come winter, I'll be grateful that they're riding the bus.

There's nothing planned for when I get home, but I need to start using up all this spaghetti squash and will make something with it for supper.

Have a great Monday and a super week!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys, sorry I did not check in yesterday. On Saturday night, after getting back from dropping my son at my MILs and before settling into a movie with a bottle of wine, my husband and I decided to move the stove out to put sliders under it (so it is easier to move in the future). Our stove is a slide in range so it doesn't have finished sides, and there is a very sharp bracket on one side that literally sliced all the skin covering my husband's kneecap off! We went to two urgent care places that were both closed for the evening (even though it was only 7:30) and finally ended up at a barely functioning emergency room at a hospital near us that is closing for good next Wednesday. However, because it is closing people aren't really going there anymore, so we were practically the only people there. 19 stitches later we were home by 11 but of course couldn't sleep because we were so wired that we drank that bottle of wine and watched the movie anyway! Didn't get to bed until 2:30 and of course yesterday I woke at 6:30 so was brain dead for the entire day. In many respects it is good that my son was not here because it meant that I didn't have to manage him as well as my husband! All is good now and my husband will be off work for probably a week on disability.

I'm still exhausted today but it's just work and then some finishing on another part of the countertops (which was why we moved the stove in the first place, of course). I'll get to bed early tonight, that's for sure. Hope everyone has a great one...Cottage, isn't the start of school so exciting yet poignant in so many ways?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. Glad I'm not the only one confused about the days of the week! LOL For the record, I am now clear that it's Monday, so yay for that!

1 more hour of work and then I'm off for 2 days. I've decided to reward myself with a treat day, so today will be spent eating Thai Food. Oh delicious delicious Thai Food! Yum. I'm actually NOT craving it right now. If the same can be said later today, I won't have it.

Not a whole lot going on, really. Glad to have 2 days off. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful Monday!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yikes, Matilda! That's awful about your DH's kneecap! He needed that bottle of wine after that incident! I hope it heals well and isn't giving him too many problems.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Hi guys, sorry I did not check in yesterday. On Saturday night, after getting back from dropping my son at my MILs and before settling into a movie with a bottle of wine, my husband and I decided to move the stove out to put sliders under it (so it is easier to move in the future). Our stove is a slide in range so it doesn't have finished sides, and there is a very sharp bracket on one side that literally sliced all the skin covering my husband's kneecap off! We went to two urgent care places that were both closed for the evening (even though it was only 7:30) and finally ended up at a barely functioning emergency room at a hospital near us that is closing for good next Wednesday. However, because it is closing people aren't really going there anymore, so we were practically the only people there. 19 stitches later we were home by 11 but of course couldn't sleep because we were so wired that we drank that bottle of wine and watched the movie anyway! Didn't get to bed until 2:30 and of course yesterday I woke at 6:30 so was brain dead for the entire day. In many respects it is good that my son was not here because it meant that I didn't have to manage him as well as my husband! All is good now and my husband will be off work for probably a week on disability.

I'm still exhausted today but it's just work and then some finishing on another part of the countertops (which was why we moved the stove in the first place, of course). I'll get to bed early tonight, that's for sure. Hope everyone has a great one...Cottage, isn't the start of school so exciting yet poignant in so many ways?
Oh my goodness! I'm glad your son wasn't there for that, too! Hope the hubby is feeling okay today!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, Matilda...that's WAY too ambitious for Saturday night! I hope your hubbie is recovering uneventfully.

I didn't allow myself enough time to write personals this AM...But good Monday morning everyone!! My egg casserole is going into the toaster oven.

The wedding was great...I thought the venue didn't quite work right, but as long as the bride enjoyed it . Her dress was BEAUTIFUL, and perfect for her!

Have a great Monday!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another Monday and I feel like I'm already two days behind

Matilda - ouch! Glad you were able to relax a little yesterday.

I need to run this morning, been working since 6:30. Hopefully I'll be able to leave it all at 4:30 and get a walk in this afternoon.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday!

Matilda, how awful!! I hope DH's knee heals cleanly and without any trouble. Does it bother his walking right now?

Cottage, thanks for the soup recipe. I roasted the veggies last night since I already had the oven on to make dinner, I will make the soup today. I can't wait!

School doesn't start officially until next week but I will drag my butt in and start getting set up this week. I am obligated to go Thursday and Friday for a workshop. Today I think my goal will be arranging furniture and unpacking supplies I ordered.

Have a great day, chicks! It's time for coffee, breakfast and a shower. Back to the routine!!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Working out this morning. Dentist this afternoon. Will run some errands by his office.

Apparently I was MIA this weekend, since I see I didn't read posts in days! I am almost embarrassed to admit that I really did get that caught up in DH's genealogy. I was on his paternal side and can now trace his direct line back to Plymouth, MA in the 1600s and to England and Ireland before that. It is sooo much easier than my family which came from Russia just a couple of generations ago so there just isn't much to find online.

Oh yes - forgetfulness. Me. Hate that.

I have a story like Debbie's: Not long ago a friend of my mom's came into the store and I told her I'd just worked out with my mom that morning, because it was Friday. She told me it was MONDAY!

Have a great day. Whatever day it is!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, it is morning right? Rough night sleep yesterday. DS called waking me because he needed a ride. I was a zombie picking him up. Then around 2:30 he came flying into my room, crying, there was something wrong with Mick. DS was completely panicked so I go staggering down the stairs to find my old pup wagging his tail at the baby gate. From what my son describes I think he had a seizure. Mick had a very similar episode last week with me. I love my pups, but realistically know, Mick is up there in years (he will be 15 in Oct). He seems his usually quirky self today thankfully. He even used Coconuts wee wee pad yesterday. He has accidents frequently. Vet says due to a little dementia.

Not sure how motivated I will be today. I am going to ride my bike though. Maybe not too far
Old 08-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chatty south beachers

Matilda. Some day you had yesterday. Hope recovery is speedy for your dh

I'm getting better after my cold. So far behind in housework. Dh has an appointment for car maintenence today so will catch up.
I weigh less than I weighed on my last trip but my clothes still fit so not much shopping for me and I can't tell you how great that feels.Dh is the one this time who needs clothes. We did go shopping to tilleys for a few items that you can rinse out at night and they dry for the morning
off to tick things off my list
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread