Old 08-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #1  
professional dieter

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'3"

Question TSFL coach scamming me???

Hi all...

I am on the diet merry-go-round and sick of it. I am 185 now, which is the lowest I have been able to be in past decade actually. I also struggle with progressing multiple sclerosis.

I decided to try Medifast again this spring, but then my mom passed away suddenly from cancer and dieting was not something I could concentrate on. I got a coach from the TSFL branch of Medifast.

Now I feel as if I am slowly getting the hard sell from the coach. As many of us start off with best intentions, but I cannot afford Medifast. I do not work anymore, sadly disability. And now the coach, in spite of my being reluctant, wants me to become a coach so I can earn money (if I myself get clients), and this will help me pay for food. This sounds pyramid-ish to me.

Not only am I not losing by leaps and bounds as the ads say, I have on my mind that I am not being successful. And honestly, would you want a coach that wasn't successful?

She had me do a 28day challenge last month and I realized that this is not for me. I can't drink water all day (100 oz she said) as I cannot hold it. Thank you MS. And I can't exercise everyday, but I do something. I also do not want to obsess about food and dieting all the time. This made me do it.

I need advice everyone! What should I say, do- quit- keep at it-- HELP!

Thank you,
Kim

Last edited by kimsdietsaga; 08-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.
kimsdietsaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

You're not happy -- why would you continue? You can design your own plan that accommodates YOU specifically. A plan you can live with for life, built around your particular likes/dislikes, quirks, lifestyle, etc. That's my vote.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-23-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3  
professional dieter

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Thank you!

I guess I needed to hear that. Now to try and get out of it. She and her husband are good at the whole sales thing. I found out that they get a % of how much I spend so of course they want me to stay.

I am trying to find some health reasons that make this not good for MS. Anyone? I can't find anything specific but coach touts how nutritious this is.

--Kim
kimsdietsaga is offline   Reply With Quote