Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #1  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Default Favorite IP Bars

Help for a newbie here, please. My starter kit didn't come with any bars. So, what is your favorite? Are there some varieties that you know sell really well? I was thinking in the next few weeks they would come in handy on some trips I have planned.

Thanks for helping me stay 100%.
Lose2Win2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win2014 View Post
Help for a newbie here, please. My starter kit didn't come with any bars. So, what is your favorite? Are there some varieties that you know sell really well? I was thinking in the next few weeks they would come in handy on some trips I have planned.

Thanks for helping me stay 100%.
I have tried 3 of the IP bar flavors and I like them all very much -- Chocolate Mint, Caramel Nut, and Choco Raspberry -- this last one is the bar, not the sort of candy looking thing that is called Raspberry Chocolate, I think -- it is a controversial item that is so carb/fat loaded to even just be called restricted.

I have to tell you that I tried the Double Choc Brownies this week... they are substantial and filling. Did I mention they taste good too?
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Lose2Win-What? No bars in your starter kit? I think I got about 4 bars, the only one I've tried so far (this is my 3rd day) is the strawberry wafers ( it was bigger in size compared to the other ones so that's why I picked that one to eat) and it was delicious!

oneuh - That double chocolate brownie sounds dreamy! I'll buy me some, I most definitely will need them during TOM.

Last edited by Ariel13; 08-16-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Love the chocolate mint one and the cookie dough is OK..
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #5  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

I've gone through phases of obsessing over almost all of the bars at one point or another since 2007. However, my favourite bar hands down is the Caramel Vanilla bar. I also enjoy the Caramel Nut and Cookies N Cream bars.

Last edited by Emmcakes; 08-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Emmcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #6  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Chocolate wafers! Yum!
Rayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #7  

I don't do soy protein or gluten so my favorite bars are Quest (double chocolate chunk) or chocolate mint simply whey bar.

I also like other flavors of quest. cinnamon roll, chocolate peanut butter are other favorite go-tos
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #8  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Wow, they all sound good. So the Quest bars meet IP guidelines? They are much cheaper. My IP provider requires me to buy 3 boxes a week. I am thinking I want more variety, but instead of buying from IP, I might buy additional boxes from Quest.
Lose2Win2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win2014 View Post
Wow, they all sound good. So the Quest bars meet IP guidelines? They are much cheaper. My IP provider requires me to buy 3 boxes a week. I am thinking I want more variety, but instead of buying from IP, I might buy additional boxes from Quest.
I love quest bars! You will need to read the nutrition labels because the different flavors range in if they meet IP guidelines. You can find the specifics in the Alternative Products thread or Quest Bar thread (googling the threads seems to find them the easiest if they've gotten buried). Some of my favorite Quest bars that meet restricted guidelines are: Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate (like Lisa....yum), Cinnamon Roll, and Brownie, and two that are a bit higher in fat to calories ratio, Cookies n Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookies dough I use as 'super restricted' for once a week. White chocolate raspberry is too high in fat.

As for my favorite IP bars and wafers: I have really enjoyed the wafers: chocolate, lemon, and orange....wasn't a fan of the strawberry wafers.

I also really like the chocolate mint bar - tastes like a thin mint girl scout cookie. But, it's quite small - left me wanting MORE and that is a scary thing for me! I liked the vanilla carmel nut also. Also enjoyed the brownie - but prefer the Quest Bar brownie better.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #10  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

I'm a huge fan of bars - loved them before this diet, love them even more now! My favorite IP bars are the Peanut Butter and Caramel Nut. I find the Peanut Butter to be much more filling, and I have one every morning for breakfast (not a big breakfast eater). I wasn't a fan of the Quest bars, but I've switched to the ProtiDiet Bars from Nashua Nutrition - the Peanut Surprise bar is identical to the IP bar (maybe even better?!). I also like one of the Pure Protein bars that meets IP requirements... I think it's Chocolate & Peanut Butter.

Yeesh... maybe I'm just a big fan of Peanut Butter, ha! It's one of the few things I'm not allergic to (surprisingly).
darthkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
I'm a huge fan of bars - loved them before this diet, love them even more now! My favorite IP bars are the Peanut Butter and Caramel Nut. I find the Peanut Butter to be much more filling, and I have one every morning for breakfast (not a big breakfast eater). I wasn't a fan of the Quest bars, but I've switched to the ProtiDiet Bars from Nashua Nutrition - the Peanut Surprise bar is identical to the IP bar (maybe even better?!). I also like one of the Pure Protein bars that meets IP requirements... I think it's Chocolate & Peanut Butter.

Yeesh... maybe I'm just a big fan of Peanut Butter, ha! It's one of the few things I'm not allergic to (surprisingly).
Try the ProtiDiet peanut butter and smooth caramel!!! (And it is unrestricted, though I never have more than a few a week)... It is AMAZING!! The
IP PB was my favorite and I too think the peanut surprise is equal if not better!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #12  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

When I started they gave me 3 or 4 different bars in a variety pack. All of them were good. My favorite is the Chocolate Mint. One of these weeks I'm going to have to give a different one a chance.
mike7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

I love the chocolate mint, caramel nut, and the lemon and chocolate wafers from IP. Just tried the Quest chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate peanut butter in the last couple days. They were Okay. I'm trying them out to see what flavors I like with those since I just switched over to alternatives. Should be getting my Nashua order this week! Will get to try some new flavors and report back.
Tanklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Quest Bars

Since this thread is about bars and many people use Quest, thought I would post this for those who are considering using them to help evaluate which ones to select...

Many are fine but some should be avoided because they are over 200 calories and/or have calories from that fat
over 30% allowed by IP (some near 50%)

These bars are over IP limits: vanilla almond crunch, mixed berry, peanut butter supreme, peanut butter and jelly, white chocolate raspberry, chocolate chip cookie dough.

Most are restricted because of the higher calories and fat content. Two could be unrestricted: cinnamon roll at 8 carbs and apple pie at 7, but are still higher calories than most unrestricteds would be. Personally I just count all Quest as restricted.

(FYI - Quest peanut butter cups are no go as well!!)

Last edited by JLUS; 08-17-2014 at 02:46 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #15  

Choc peanut butter and strawberry cheesecake are the two lowest cal quest bars & I consider them on the fence between restricted and non, Altho I personally count them restricted.

I only use the quest bars sweetened w/stevia (natural line) -personal choice to limit Splenda/sucralose b/c of it's tendency to be hard in beneficial gut bacteria.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote