Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #1  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Default Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder! #2

Looks like we hit out 500 posts per thread limit! Time to start anew. Here's a link to our previous thread.

Also, for convenience, quotes of the last few posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Happy Friday all!

I had a good interview... I am hoping.. (we talked 2 hours) but I had a good interview with this company over a year ago and thought I had the job.. This time thoooooooooooo It just felt better and I would be replacing someone retiring.. so a better chance!... Still need prayers... Now I get to go to my old job to pick up my check and sign the papers from the boss (who wants to meet with me.. but won't give me a time to meet GGRRRRRR) saying that I have not stolen any company information. But its FRIDAY! and that is always a feel good day for me (and I hope to you all too)

Streudel.. I am so glad you posted.. I was wondering where you were! Doing Ok I hope??!! I bet you are!!

Dreaming... I tried to extend the pity party.. but realized that I did not Want to have to relose even more lbs! That thinking just stopped me this time and going on job interviews looking my best also kicked my arse!

Thank you SeeMyFeet those comments people actually made - made me laugh! LOL at least I don't say those things! LOL But also looking like you are too anxious (ME) is ny trouble!

Hey Jessica.. you made it here.. so yep.. you can make it to Onderland.. YES you can! We all will do it together! as it is a WONDERFUL and awesome goal to achieve!
Oh.. I have made it back to 211.4.... just shy of my all time low.. which will occur again.. hhhmmm in a day or 2 I think!

Happy day to you all... Dance, smile and LAUGH alot today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetrising View Post
So today, 218.6 lbs got recorded. Of course, my scale kept giving me 217.2 lbs over and over but I'm not about to put that in the record book as official yet, either. I know Tuesday's like to shoot back up and I don't want to set myself up to feel like a sad panda. In other news, the scale did also show me both 214.0 and 215.0 lbs the first and second time I stepped on. Every time after that was 217.2 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
7/15 = 210.5
7/22 = 210.1
7/29 = 209.8 !!! !!!
August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetrising View Post
You're doing so awesome, AAD!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Thank you Jessica for starting the new thread!

I have some small good news.. I was offered a chance at another job.. Yikes... its alittle less money.. but very flexible and NON stressful... I would have to get another part time job.. but.. I would not have KNOTS in my shoulders at night... oh decissions!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 08-15-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Height: 5'7"

WannaSkip, whether you take it or not, what a great confidence boost! They like you! They really like you!

Garnet, what a mindf*** that scale is giving you! I vote go with the lowest number.

AAD, doing great!

Welp, here I am, on the internet on Friday night. Oh, the exciting life I lead! It's been about a week's worth of celebrations surrounding my mom's 60th birthday. I've enjoyed them but am glad it's over! I did really well, food-wise, but it's so much easier to not have to make the choice to not eat cake, you know?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #4  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

WooHoo! WannaSkip! Congrats on the job offer! That’s gotta feel good.

Well, Dreaming, we’re in competition for most exciting Fri night! I spent Friday night Exorcising, muttering and swearing at LesMillr the whole time! 5-600 exercise calories per day! Catching up with Les may kill me!

I managed to get 450cals exorcised off: 2 ten min hula sessions (I’m so bad at that), a 30min c25K (I’m so bad at that), and ten min arm weight session. I didn’t have time to get started until 10pm, but I did it!

Oh! And Day 4 of abstaining from coffee and alcohol. When I told DS that I was now alcohol and coffee-free, his response was: “I’ll drink to that!”. Ha. It’s high time that I gave up the coffee….I’m sleeping better and feeling better in general…..let’s see if I can keep it up this weekend…..cross fingers

The bloat is finally coming off, ladies!!!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 08-16-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #5  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Not a problem, Sue and congrats on the job offer, whether you accept it or not.

Dreaming, I'm tempted at times, believe me. But it's a lot less disappointing to take a higher number on the chance that the scale decides to bump back up the next day. By the way, my Fridays are always spent working freight at the Home Depot. Making your night officially far more exciting than mine.

So many people are doing C25K, SeeMyFeet! Or at least some variation of it. I'm doing a variation, myself. I don't have a stop watch or any way of tracking my distance in miles. I'm also running cross-country with a dog in tow so I've had to adjust how I measure my progress. Lol. Mostly I aim to listen to my body while not underestimating what I can accomplish.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Easily Amused. Don't stress about the lack of movement on the scale. It will catch up with your body eventually. Do you tape? I'd be interested to know if you've lost inches with all the running around you've been doing even though the scale hasn't moved.

I have to amend my night being the least exciting... it was with the exception of the fact that I used some extra time before work to try on jeans and found myself hopping around the dressing room in excitement when I squeezed into a size 16 - and a regular 16, not a plus size 16 at that! They made my *** and legs look so good but the tummy tuck inset on them, while making my lower abs look awesome, reminded me of just how big my muffin top is. Sigh. Even having lost the most inches from my gut, it is still huge and it tends to take the longest for me to shrink it up. Oh well.

Also, the scale came in at 217.6 lbs. That's 2 lbs down from last week's weigh-in. Nervous about whether or not I can shave off a few more tenths of a pound by Tuesday.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #6  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all I finally saw those glorious numbers!!

On cloud 9 today.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:24 AM   #7  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Cooongraaaatulations!!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:36 AM   #8  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Toot Toot-Too Toooooooo!!!!!

TheWalrus MADE IT!!!!! Roll out the red carpet ladeees and place the crown on her head! We'll all curtsey and bow as she walks stately past us and into that wonderful land of the 190s....leading the way....holding the candle for the rest of us to follow...

Don't get too far ahead, Walrus...we don't want to get lost!! (We'll try to keep up!)

you GO, grrl !!!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #9  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Thank you all.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Well done Walrus

Hey SeeMyFeet...450 is right in the middle toward the higher end of my daily target so you're in no need of catching up. You're there LOL

Trainer day tomorrow so that means weigh-in day too. Hoping for some downward movement since last week was no change. Eating has been on and exercise has been on so there's no reason it shouldn't come down a bit, right?

Have a good week everyone
Old 08-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #11  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Walrus!!

So. It's been an odd weekend here. My two older kids haven't seen their bio dad in 6 years. He was here for the weekend. It was a planned visit, but for SO and I, it was awkward. He stayed here at the house, we felt it would be easier for the kids to see him in their most comfortable environment. SO and I have a strong relationship but it was still...awkward. My ex is 'that dude'. Most of us have that person we still kinda have feelings for. And he and I are actually pretty good friends. But. Yeah. Weird. I managed not to eat everything in sight. We went hiking and to a nature center, took kids fishing an to the park. Had a picnic.

And to top all that off, my scale is on crack. Stepped on it this evening (every once in a while I like to get a night reading to see the difference between day and night), it says 99.2. Yeah. 99. O.o slide it micro inch to right, step on it again. 220.9. Again 220.9. Slide it a micro-inch to left, 99. I live in a very old house, circa 1911, obviously my floors are uneven, but it's been acting weird lately anyway, may just need to give in and buy another one, which is frustrating as it's only two years old. I've change batteries etc, but it may need to go.

Hope you ladies had a great weekend!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #12  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Popping in to say a quick Hi in the new thread. I am down slightly to 198.0 because of this boring, post-oral-surgery soft food diet I'm on. I'm ramping up to more and different foods, however, so I'm anticipating a bit of a bounce up in weight over the next week. Would seriously love to not go bonkers eating, like, footlong hotdogs with everything or huge plates of nachos, and stay under 200 lbs though!

NSV alert - I can fit back into my size 14 jeans, yay! I have to wear my shapewear, otherwise I muffintop all over the place, but technically I can get back into them and I look alright. Another NSV - I fit into size XL jackets and winter coats! I'm finally ready to invest in new outerwear. My old coats/jackets were size 3X. Third NSV - I weigh less than my husband for the moment because he's gained a bit of weight

I had a wonderful conversation with a customer this past weekend (I work part time retail.) When I asked to see her driver's license, she asked me to compare the picture on it with her current face... she has lost 130 lbs. with gastric sleeve surgery! She looked so healthy and happy. Her story really encouraged me to keep working toward my goal. Do any of you ever get asked if you have utilized gastric surgery to lose your weight? On occasion I get asked that. It's very weird, but at times I get the impression the person doesn't believe me when I say No! It annoys me that someone would think I would lie about that, and it also annoys me that they think life post gastric surgery is an easy out, when it actually requires hard work and dedication.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Yay got my drop 11 to go to be under 200 for the first time in over 20 years. I'd love to be under 200 by the time I go visit my dad on Sept 5th, but that's a bit of a tall order I think. I'm just gonna be happy with my -4 this week and take what I can do in the next 3 weeks.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sue - Congrats on the job offer. I hope it all works out.

Dreaming - I totally agree about the cake. They have celebrations at work for anything and everything, it can be mighty tempting sometimes.

SeeMyFeet - Great job on the coffee. I gave up caffeine a few months ago, it was rough.

Easily - I'm sorry things didn't work out in Vancouver, but I'm sure everything will work out alright in the end.

Garnet - Great job on fitting into a new size and great job on the weight loss.

Walrus - on Onederland!

LesMills - Hope your weigh in went well.

Angihas - Glad your stressful weekend didn't turn into a binge fest. I had to buy a new scale a few months back. It is much better than my old one.

TooWicky - I too am starting to fit into 14s too, but my muffin top is out of control. Might have to break out the shapewear too.

I got down to 206.8 this weekend after 3 weeks of hovering in around 209. I upped my calories and it seems to have done the trick. Which eating more an still losing weight makes me very happy. Hopefully the downward trend continues.

Also I have a pair of jeans that I wore when my hubby and I got together over 11 years ago. They are size 13 (jrs). I decided to be crazy and try them on this weekend, just to see if I could get them up over my thighs and I actually was able to button and zip them. I couldn't breathe, but I got them on. Was a very good day indeed!

I hope you all had a great weekend and have a wonderful Monday!
Old 08-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #15  
Jessica, Becoming Me

My scale has officially lost its mind. To begin with it wanted to read variations of 213.x and 214.x. This seemed huge and unnatural unless I was happening to drop a lot of water weight, which is possible. I decided to take the scale out to the garage and see if I could get a weight that wasn't influenced up floors. Usually, it reads slightly higher on the concrete. No, it decided to read 209.0 lbs on the concrete and I had to fight with it to even get a read to begin with. Took it back inside and it decided it wanted to "zero" at 4.2 lbs instead of 0.0 lbs. I've decided that I give up today and I'm going to play it safe by sticking with 217.6 as today's weight.

Also, wvuchick, that is AWESOME! Sounds liker there are a lot of us who've been hitting new sizes! TooWicky did, too! Congrats.

Last edited by garnetrising; 08-18-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Closed Thread