South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Mid-Month Weekend - August 16 & 17

When does summer start? I know I crab about our weather a lot but this is ridiculous. I've been running the furnace for the past three days and my back deck is growing moss! We will get to a balmy 63ºF today with T-storms.

OK, Ruthie, enough! Weather whining is an old lady thing!

I'm off to pick up bread at 7 but have been awake since 4. Not sure what's going on with that but know I've been spending too much desk-time lately and not enough fun time. Today, after the bread run, we will finish setting up the Hall for tonight's coffee house. That should be fun and I promise to avoid all the yummy desserts that Katherine has made. (It's an appreciation event for folks who helped us make up the shortfall in summer staff salaries.)

Obedience training is on the calendar for Millie tomorrow afternoon but I think I will drop out of that until later. I don't know what I was thinking, starting her after having had her just three weeks. She needs to calm down a bit more and recognize me as the pack leader. She certainly is lively! She can jump straight up in the air and catch flies or mosquitoes!

Time to shower and get dressed for my 7 a.m. road trip. that the rain holds off.

Let's have some FUN this weekend!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm hoping for a rain-free day for you, Ruth! Gosh, your weather this summer sounds just plain miserable! Not to rub it in, but our weather down here has been mostly delightful all summer.

I only slept in fits and starts all night and finally got up at 5am to the lure of coffee. There's a definite chill in the air, so I had to drink it indoors, though.

Today's plans include picking tomatoes and digging onions to braid and hang to dry, and I have a recipe for quinoa burgers that I'm eager to try. There will be time this afternoon to sit on the patio with a glass of wine and my kindle to soak up more of this glorious weather, too.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, that Millie sounds like a hoot! Not a bad idea waiting on her lessons, especially since she's not aggressive. Here's to will power tonight!

Cottage - It is a bit nippy this morning, eh? I think they said it would be high 40's here overnight. Sorry Ruth, we haven't bothered turning our furnace on for these cool nights. This is about perfect weather to me! Thanks Cottage - you reminded me I need to pick tomatoes. Barely any of mine have turned red.

I have work this am, which should go fast, and then our neighbor's son (who got married last year) is having a shindig at his house in the country this afternoon. A good ole country time - target practice, four wheeling, and a pig pickin'! Last year they loved it, and I kept looking at DH last night, saying, "where was I driving home from?"....from seeing Cottage!! Can you believe it's been a year already?!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-16-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, been very busy at work with no time to sneak in At least I am off and running with my own plans lol. Leaving shortly for Valatie. They have a Chamber of Commerce bike ride today. I signed up for 60 miles. Later we are going to Joe's parents for dinner with his sister and BIL. Tomorrow if I have to shackle DS he is cleaning the garage. My car doesn't like staying outside anymore!

Ruth i love hearing about Millie. She is quite the character

Linda please share the recipe. I love quinoa!

Tammy your country cook out sounds awesome. Have a great time.

Time to chug my smoothie and load the bike on the trailer. Have a beautiful day!!
Old 08-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sometimes I need this thread to remember what day it is! I thought yesterday was the weekend, since we went out to dinner. Today I'm working. I really haven't thought beyond that. Started beans marinating last night that I'll eat over salad for the next few days. Waiting for some peaches and nectarines to ripen.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Checking in from the lobby of the lovely Courtyard by Marriott in Fishkill, NY. We're up here visiting my parents, which is always sad and trying. I just need to make it through one day without upsetting myself or them. Send good vibes my way...we'll head to their house in about 1.5 hours, spend the day, and then go out to dinner with them and a friend. So it could be a very pleasant day and I'm hoping for that. Hope everyone has a good one...the weather is beautiful here, but it is a little nippy.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I guess it's a theme here I did not sleep well at all last night tossed and turned. I have been up and cleaning house already before breakfast, got laundry started, trash taking out and bathroom cleaned. Now I just have to vacuum, mop and dust.

Today is a rainy day, doggy would not go outside to do her business. I have to go grocery shopping and a few errands today.

Ruth enjoy the fun later on and here is to will power

Cottage hope you get everything picked

Tywnn sounds like a fun afternoon planned

Jekel enjoy your ride

Karen hope work goes by quickly for you

Matilda I pray your visit with your parents is enjoyable

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5' 7"

I feel your pain, Ruth - it's been a cooler than usual summer here in Wisconsin. I swear I saw frost on the grass one morning I woke up, but could have been my imagination!

Your Millie sounds a lot like our male dog, Halo. He's a sheltie/retriever mix we got from a local Amish family. I swear he can jump 5 feet from a standing point and he's fast as a rocket! lol

jennifer - have fun on that bike ride and be safe!

cottage - sounds like my kind of day!

ah nuts...it just started raining!

pearlrose - you make me tired with all you've done already - lol

We've been invited to our neighbor's for a big birthday bash - he just turned 30 - nice guy - but the rain may put a damper on things.

Ah well, we'll see.

everyone - have a great day!
Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 152.8/145.8/130

Hi folks! I'm brand new here and on Phase I Day 4! I am so glad I found a community for support and encouragement!

I'm in Phoenix so we're ready for summer to be OVER!!

I have massive work to get done and housecleaning to do but I am going to try to get some time in for me this weekend too. Heading to the gym here soon to do weight for the first time in months and to try Zumba for the first time ever!
Old 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #10  

to The BEACH, VanD!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-16-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Morning, ladies...just checking in. I have to confess, I came and read last night but didn't want to be tasked with starting the weekend thread, so I didn't post. I know, I know...pretty lazy of me! LOL

I've been really tired lately, but I'm back on track at the gym and it feels great. Now if I can just wrangle in my eating habits. I must admit I've been more than a little off plan lately. I want to do a clean Phase I, but with TOM coming up next week, I think I'm going to wait. No use torturing myself!

Gotta run...911 line just rang!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Internet has been poor...I've been around and reading but posting has not been working too well. I've been crazy busy preparing for family and helping mom out, too. I talked to moms neighbor on Thursday about taking our firewood, which we have lots of. He was eager to roll so Kirk and I staged firewood down on the street Friday and Saturday and he took every piece. I even got up on the ladder and sawed off a dead branch that had been bugging me since the prospect of having it go away immediately was a reality.

I'm up early getting stuff done. I work today and have already heard I'll have a group of 30 at 730am. I think lots of coffee and a big smoothie will help that situation!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! There's this yellow shining stuff just starting to happen. I think it may be called sun! "Morning has broken" will be a good ear worm for today.

We sure didn't see it yesterday but were just deluged all day. However, that didn't deter our valiant guests last night and we served dessert and coffee for hours. The three staff who were the entertainment did really well and even helped with clean-up. I got home by ten - a long, long day and bed felt wonderful after having been up since 4 a.m.

So glad I took Millie out of Obedience class because I sure need an "at home" day to catch up on laundry and other domestic stuff. I sure don't need to water the gardens!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #14  

We had a beautiful day yesterday, but it may rain today. The sky is looking iffy. I'm glad the sun is shining in Delta today, Ruth!

Yesterday was one of those days where you wanted to be outside all day, and I got a lot of work done in the garden. I picked all the spaghetti squash and onions, and pulled out the spent vines, and I picked a variety of colorful peppers and tomatoes. Now I'm dealing with where to store this bounty of produce, but I did make a delicious pasta dish with some of the veggies, instead of making the quinioa burgers that I had planned to make.

Jennifer, there's a wonderful quinoa burger recipe on the Oh She Glows website, and I have another great one that I'll have to post in our recipes section.

We're going out for dinner this evening, but I still plan to make those quinoa burgers for lunches for the week ahead and do some other cooking for the week ahead. I should run a load of tomatoes in the dehydrator today, too.

Have a great day!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies! I am back!!!

DH and I spent the last 4 days on the road delivering the boys back to school. (If NY state is a sidewise capital T, we have been to the 3 extreme points) Today I am resolved to NOT SIT all day; but maybe the hours in the car flattened my butt a bit?? Food was what it always is when traveling: some good, some bad. So back to Phase I for the 2nd time this month!

Today I will try to pick stuff from the garden, take an inventory so I can go to the grocery store and do some laundry. Maybe the groceries will now last longer and the laundry piles decrease.

Have a good day, chicks, I need more coffee.
Closed Thread