Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #1  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Default See ya 130's!

We've hit the limit for the old thread so might as well start a new one! I know there's a 130's thread floating around in the weight loss support section, but I personally feel a little more comfy hanging out on the featherweights board.

So...let's get to it, ladies!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Boy did I jinx myself or what. I said this the other day on the other 130's thread:

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing 135 on the scale every morning
You know what number I saw the next morning? 137 Bwahaha! I had to laugh because I knew it was a temporary fluctuation from an extra salty dinner. Be careful what you wish for.

I did gain a pound though, I've shown 138 for my official weekly afternoon weigh-in (clothes on, shoes off- just like at the doctor's office) the last 2 weeks so no more denial. Poop. Will be working on that in the coming weeks.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #3  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for starting the new thread!

I've been pretty crap about my diet this week, though I'm sticking okay to exercise. Not looking forward to my Saturday weigh in...
Old 05-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #4  
Irish dance addict

As expected, I was back up again on Saturday. I really need to make this whole "eat at a calorie deficit" thing sink in sometime...
Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

I keep coming here, re-introducing myself, and then falling off and avoiding looking here because I ate like crap all day. Well, no more. I joined Weight Watchers which has worked for me in the past, so no more excuses.

I have been stuck at 135-137 for 4 months and I need to break through it. Went running two days in a row--now I just need to cut back on my junk food intake.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #6  
Irish dance addict

Welcome (back), kwinkle! I know the feeling of being stuck and falling off. Somehow something has to click, but food-wise that something remains elusive to me. I've finally figured out the exercise part, but most of weight loss is diet I know...

I managed to keep my deficit yesterday (yea), but the trick will be to do it multiple days in a row...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

Today was kind of a flop--I ate WAY too much, and most of it before 10 am which was a disaster. The good news is I logged everything I ate, so it will count against my weekly "extra" points. That is why I love WW--you can screw up and still be on track somehow.

I can't find the right balance of food to keep from getting famished. I am breastfeeding and starving all the time, but not losing any weight .
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #8  
Slow and Steady

Welcome back, kwinkle! Is it possible breastfeeding is playing some part in this? I hope WW works well for you again!

atmos, I'm also struggling with getting back into weight loss mode. I found a diet I'm really happy with and feel like is sustainable long-term (been doing it for 10 months no problem), but once I settled back into the normal BMI range the weight loss just ground to a halt. I've been waffling over what sort of changes I'd be OK making to try and see if I can get a few more pounds off. Even if it's super slow it wouldn't bother me, I just wanna see some downward movement again!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #9  
Irish dance addict

The last few pounds is so tough. Good luck as you make your decision on what to change!

I overate last night after class. I was SO HUNGRY. I'm struggling with this leave at 6pm, get home at 815pm timeframe. Too early for a proper dinner, too late for a proper dinner.

So, two good days, one less than good day. There's always room for improvement in all aspects of life, though, and I can get myself back where I want to be today.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #10  
Irish dance addict

I've been really terrible about sticking to my goals, so I'm trying a new strategy. I've put a stack of 30 pennies on top of my dresser. Each day I meet my goals for the day, I will move a penny from the left stack to the right stack. Every day I don't, I will move a penny back from right to left.

My longer term goal is to see all those pennies move from the left stack to the right. If I stick to goals every day, that will be 30 days straight. If I don't, well, it'll be a little longer...
Old 05-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #11  
Slow and Steady

atmos, I like the idea of having something visual to focus on. Good luck with your pennies and keep us updated on how it works!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #12  
Slow and Steady

I don't think the dip in my weight last week (down 1 pound) was a fluke- I had one big jump a few days ago when PMS symptoms arrived and today I'm back down to 136. It's very unusual for me to see low or even average numbers on the scale during TOM, but I'm not complaining. It's just a relief to see some progress again after stalling out for months.

The only thing I've been doing differently this month is skipping breakfast. I'm not particularly hungry in the morning anyways, but always tried to eat a little something because everyone says how good it is for you. But I find that as soon as I eat something, my stomach "wakes up" and then I'm hungry for the rest of the day. Most days now I just eat two big meals in about a 6 hour window and feel great. I do my workouts at night around 8pm so when I'm done I shower and go straight to bed. No time to get hungry or munchy. I'll keep doing this if it keeps working so well!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Okee dokee, I am back What a relief!

Old 05-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #14  
Slow and Steady

Welcome back, Sum!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #15  
Irish dance addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToTravel View Post
The only thing I've been doing differently this month is skipping breakfast. I'm not particularly hungry in the morning anyways, but always tried to eat a little something because everyone says how good it is for you. But I find that as soon as I eat something, my stomach "wakes up" and then I'm hungry for the rest of the day. Most days now I just eat two big meals in about a 6 hour window and feel great. I do my workouts at night around 8pm so when I'm done I shower and go straight to bed. No time to get hungry or munchy. I'll keep doing this if it keeps working so well!
Lately I've been seeing some things (no, unfortunately no resources/citations to share!) that encourage non-breakfast eaters to go on not eating breakfast if that works for them. I know for me I get really hungry within an hour of waking up, I must have some breakfast! Hopefully it continues working well for you.

I quit tracking my intake on Wednesday but Monday and Tuesday was in my calorie goal, and yesterday a little over goal but still in a deficit. I'm giving my pennies another week to see if they do indeed make a difference! I've been great about my exercise though. I lifted on Monday and the last three days have totaled 5 hours of dance class. I can't believe I'm finally becoming a person who exercises consistently and really enjoys it.

Sum- I was wondering what happened to you...welcome back! Hopefully next time you leave I'll see you hanging out in the 120s thread.
Closed Thread