Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily Chat Friday 8/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #2  

Thanks to those of you sending kind words or thoughts yesterday when I indicated how stressed I was. I guess after 4 days of working in a neighborhood that was turning into a police action zone at night, it got the best of me. I didn't realize how rotten I felt until a friend asked me to call her & I didn't even feel like talking.

I probably should have gone for a massage after work. That will be rectified today.

I also reached out to our union president, expressing my concern that there had been no communication from district leadership about any of this. No expression of support or reminders of what to do if stress level were high. Silence. She was going to call the acting Supt (his boss is on vacation). I think sometimes they forget about other areas from their beautiful offices in a wealthy part of town.

I still have a headache this morning, didn't sleep well and am awake too early. I'll take some Aleve, do some yoga this morning, and move forward.

Food is planned. On the dinner menu tonite: taco meat stuffed mini peppers (after my massage).

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-15-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

Lisa ~ Hang in there...its all over the news so sad. Enjoy your massage tonight..I had mine on Tuesday.

Yesterday's talk of licking the container after making your shake....YES LOL gotta get every bit.

I have fallen into a routine with what I eat. I am actually glad I am thru the "trying" phase and now only purchase what I like. And it is important although expensive to keep lots of choices on hand.

Today is laundry and packing day.. I have 1 quick appointment then I am officially on vacation....Of course traveling with laptop for work & you guys for support LOL....
Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #4  

Lisa - you remain in my thoughts and prayers during this stressful time. Good for you for calling to ask for some guidance from the higher-ups. I'm so glad you will have a massage today. I think that will be a big help to you. Hang in there!

Sgrealtor, enjoy your vacation! Time off is always rejuvinating!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Lisa, enjoy your massage and, if you can, turn off the news this weekend. It's a rough time and sometimes you have to bubble yourself off from the world for a little while (I know i certainly do...I ride the 25 miles to work in complete silence because the news on npr makes me clench the steering wheel). We're all thinking about you!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #6  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

After weigh in yesterday, of course I dropped another pound on the home scale this morning - now I have to wait till next Thurs to see that on the official tracking sheet!
Progress is slow but steady so I cannot complain. If I stay on program with attn to the smallest of details this week maybe I could hit an official 20 lb loss by my birthday on Wed... What a good gift to self that would be!

I also feel like I need to get moving, and I would benefit from some crunches and Pilates moves to get my core back into reasonable shape. There is a dance party tonight- I wonder if I can face getting dressed and returning to the public eye at my dance studio? I have been hiding out after gaining so much weight in the past year.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #7  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I went to Chili's yesterday with my son. I ordered the lighter choice 6 ounce sirloin dry grilled with steamed broccoli. My NSV is that my son ordered southwest eggrolls as an appetizer...MY FAVORITE! Seriously, before IP, that was MY appetizer! I sat there and didn't touch one of them. I was slightly tempted but held my ground. haha. I was so proud of myself!

Today, I weighed myself and my home scale put me at 249. WAHOO! I LOVED to see that number. Of course, officially I would be 253 (because my clinic's scale registers 4 pounds higher) but still...I do love to see that tens digit change in a good direction, even if it is on my home scale and not "official".

Still going strong - 100% OP!

Last edited by nat1015; 08-15-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Lisa, I'm sending thoughts your way. Good for you reminding the team that you and the rest of your school could use some support - ways to cope, and at least acknowledgement of the stress you are under.

Happy Friday All.
I'm doing well. I'm staying on plan. It's time to go through the clothing to find the next smaller range and get them on the hangers, and take the larger sizes to a donation center. I'm so thankful I work from home so changing sizes doesn't mean new work cloths. I've lost enough that I think I should be getting "nice hair" comments soon - lol in fact come to think of it, I got one last night - I just realized haha - too funny when people can't really put their finger on what's changed.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #9  

I weighed in this morning and lost 3.6 this week, for a total of 72.6! I'm having trouble updating my ticker so that will have to wait. Right now, though, I am celebrating!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All! WI this morning and I'm down 2.2 lbs. That puts me 30.6 lbs away from goal. I'm SOOOOO close to my halfway mark. My body is wanting to stay in the 160s it seems, which would be about right because everytime I have dieted in the past few years, I have struggled to get under 160.

Last edited by kissi; 08-15-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #11  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I weighed in this morning and lost 3.6 this week, for a total of 72.6! I'm having trouble updating my ticker so that will have to wait. Right now, though, I am celebrating!
Congratulations! (my old on line gamer self started to write the "Woot!" response - but figured I better say Congrats just in case you don't play World of Warcraft ) The ticker factory has been giving us all issues it seems. They don't go in where you can update your weight on their site. I changed to another ticker option (3FC has one and Lily Slim are acceptable options to Ticker Factory) I kept trying to paste the new one in using the "insert link" but it ended up you just paste it in our signature without saying it's a link or anything and then preview - and it worked. Not sure what's up with Ticker Factory, it's been down all week.

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-15-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: thank goodness we don't have spelling snobs on this group - I love you all!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Wow! It's a GOOD day, people!!

Lisa--thanks for being such a good example; keeping it together through crazy stress and being mindful enough to figure out a way to take care of yourself. I know I've made a mental note.

Nat--Not touching those southwest eggrolls is a HUGE victory I'm sure many of us applaud you for! Way to GO!

Halfagain--Yay for new clothes! (and a permanent goodbye to the old ones)

Oneuh2--I'd count it as success that there's even a *part* of you that's ready to go out dancing again. Now you just have to figure out if it's a time to savor that victory and let the courage percolate or simply *leap*!

Grace and Kissi--72lbs and a half-way mark...we have scale victories here too. Woot!

Seriously, you all are SO uplifiting. Thank you for sharing.
`sj
Old 08-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

@halfagain ha!ha! I don't actually play myself, but clearly have enough friends who do that it's impacted my vocabulary

(what are the origins of "woot!" anyway?)
Old 08-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
The ticker factory has been giving us all issues it seems. They don't go in where you can update your weight on their site. I changed to another ticker option (3FC has one and Lily Slim are acceptable options to Ticker Factory) I kept trying to paste the new one in using the "insert link" but it ended up you just paste it in our signature without saying it's a link or anything and then preview - and it worked. Not sure what's up with Ticker Factory, it's been down all week.
I have a friend who works for Cisco. The internets have been having problems all week. Many sites up & down.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #15  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
@halfagain ha!ha! I don't actually play myself, but clearly have enough friends who do that it's impacted my vocabulary

(what are the origins of "woot!" anyway?)
Here's what I found (lol do I sound like Siri?)•an expression of excitement or joy, used mostly by computer aficionados. Typically the "w" is written in lower case. Though the term was originally limited to use on the Internet, it is now used in speech. Also spelled "w00t". (That is - using zeroes rather than oh's.)

•Among other etymologies, in "Dungeons and Dragons" and similar games, "woot" may be a contraction of "wow, loot." "Loot" is valuable items that defeated monsters leave behind.

See I'm not a total Geek, I used the upper case "W" when I wrote it - woot! btw - I like Geeks

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-15-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Closed Thread